Accruent Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 1 Dec 2019

3.5
Accruent CEO John Borgerding
John Borgerding
Pros
  • "Benefits like open PTO are huge highlights in the company(in 35 reviews)

• "And the unlimited PTO is awesome(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sometimes working remotely out of the New Orleans office can be a little inconvenient with most of the team working out of Austin(in 22 reviews)

• "The comp is well under market value and they will backfill former employees at 10% under their last salary which is already low(in 14 reviews)

"Opportunity, Great People, Going Places!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in London, England

I have been working at Accruent full-time for less than a year

Pros

The quality of the systems (PropTech) are second to none, coupled with the experience, qualifications, latitude, and accessibility to colleagues and management, you will be heard. You are given the freedom to make decisions in your clients best interests to deliver the best solutions for them, not always to the financial advantage of Accruent but as a CSM you will get the best support from colleagues to keep your... accounts happy. I go to work with a smile on my face and look forward to spending time with capable, interesting and competent people. The recruitment process is definitely delivering an eclectic but well oiled and cohesive cohort of amazing individuals, I recommend being part of it.

Cons

Our clients are dotted about the globe and this entails significant travel if you have a young family or a needy partner you may find the commitment necessary to do your job may impact your private life, however it works from me and my family.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, the expansion plans over the next 5 years will create massive opportunity which I would like to be part of and keep the standards high on recruit selection. You are leading us to greater success and you need to maintain momentum through the addition of additional complementary products with integrated synergy building greater opportunity and infiltration into the Built Environment... sector.

Accruent2019-01-25
  2. "Incredible Culture and reasonable pressure"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Impressive focus on people, open attitude to change

Cons

Below market pay, huge insurance deductibles.

Advice to Management

consider pay increases to close gap with market

Accruent2019-12-01
  3. "good place to work but needs more"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New Orleans, LA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Accruent full-time for more than a year

Pros

great team and work environment.

Cons

pay scale not even for current city

Accruent2019-11-27

"Great breeding ground for future stars who will surely move on"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Accruent full-time for more than a year

Pros

High culture environment, especially in the Austin office. Good toolset for product managers, including full access to SFDC data, Aha!, Atlassian suite, Mixpanel. A company with great market positioning and win opportunity. All key departments are under one roof, which means a walk down the hall to a face-to-face will solve a problem in five minutes. It’s a fabulous place for young people to be well mentored, to... seek a better position elsewhere having gotten solid training.

Cons

Pay is well under market, which means they can’t hold onto people. Acquired companies with non-Austin HQs don’t enjoy the same sense of connectedness, in particular ones where product management and dev teams are in different cities. They haven’t yet figured out the shared services investment that will earn big bucks in white space market.

Advice to Management

Figure out why you can’t hold onto product vision keepers. A growth product commitment is a 3-5 year hard commitment. Don’t develop a bad reputation for losing interest too quickly.

Accruent2019-11-05

"Collection of parts that is falling apart"

I worked at Accruent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Accruent has some real products that benefit a lot of customers both in the US and abroad. Most employees try very hard to do the right thing in supporting customers. If you have relatively low experience and are trying to break through - good place for some people.

Cons

The senior management grew the company through acquisitions and then sold to Fortive. It's a collection of parts. There is no vision for technology since the CTO left last year. It's all about sales. They hire sales people like crazy and pay for it by cutting the engineering staff. Just had a round of layoffs. I suspect there will be additional rounds of cuts on engineering as the current leadership team has no clue... about what it takes to build software. The CEO only cares about what he is telling Fortive and is very misleading to employees. Assisting in this effort to mislead and promote "positive" narratives is the CMO. Eg. they will tell you that there are a lot of open positions which is true, but what they don't tell you is that most of them have been postponed and will likely never be hired. Misleading statements while on the surface are accurate but are not. Starting with the CEO - they are extremely biased towards the sales organization. Whatever sales wants, they will get. "Revenue producing" is the word attached to sales functions. Every other team by implication doesn't produce revenue so therefore are second class citizens and are treated as such. For a mid size software company, their finance and back office is a joke. Everything is a manual process. Budgets are manual spreadsheets and nearly always wrong. HR system is horrible and the guy who implemented that actually got promoted even though everyone knows his work was horrible. They can't invoice customers correctly for 2 years now. Let that one sink in. Extremely political organization. Eg. they will tell you one thing to your face and behind the scenes they are saying negative things to sabotage you to superiors. If you aren't in Austin - be prepared to be undermined, sabotaged and ignored. If you are looking to build great software, you do not want to join Accruent despite all the nice pictures you see on LinkedIn.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people and start being truthful.

Accruent2019-11-24

"I would advise against working here."

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Accruent full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The high energy environment can be exciting.

Cons

Products are not supported creating frustration with clients and causing burnout with client facing employees who have to deal with it. Accounting is mismanaged with only a focus on booking sales, no one cares about actual billing. You can’t trust management to keep promises either.

Accruent2019-11-13
  7. "Great company"

Former Employee - Contract Specialist in Austin, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Accruent part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people and work environment.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Accruent2019-09-27
  8. "Working at Accruent is the best decision I've made in a while..."

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Accruent full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been working for Accruent for 6 months now and can confidently say my quality of life has changed dramatically - for the better! This is the case for several reasons: - Amazing work/life balance. - Leadership that trusts and supports employees. - Opportunities for career growth & industry learning. - Great people! Both in the NOLA office & at Accruent as a whole! - Beautiful office that is a... joy to come to every day.

Cons

Since the company was acquired by Fortive a little over a year ago, there have been a lot of shifts and changes within the organization. These changes are rooted in Accruent now having additional resources to support our customers and streamline internal processes so they are definitely going to help us in the long run, but there have been growing pains along the way.

Advice to Management

Continue providing transparency to your employees about expectations and pain points so that we can grow!

Accruent2019-09-25

"Their mantra is HHPPL: Hire High Potential Pay Low. As a mgr, fair compensation has always worked well."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Accruent full-time for more than a year

Pros

They do offer flexible PTO, competitive benefits, and good breakroom perks. Most of the employees are really good, friendly folks.

Cons

They have lots of old, past their prime products. They don't invest and have very green people in important positions. Finally, they know all the answers and are not interested in listening to new ideas or differing opinions. Starting to get very political as they grow up.

Advice to Management

You can't just say you care. You need to listen and, on occasion, take input from employees with different backgrounds, experiences, and ideas.

Accruent2019-10-25
  10. "Great Company for Professional Growth"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, great atmosphere, great culture and positive work environment. I like the ability to transfer within the company so you can use your experience in past roles to benefit you in your current role. Onboarding was by far the best I've ever received- I came in knowing nothing and they really helped set me up for success.

Cons

They push you a little outside your comfort zone with how much you can handle. The good part about it though is they provide a lot of training and support to help you really get to the next level. If you're looking for a lackluster job with no personal growth, Accruent might not be a good fit, but if you're looking to better yourself, and make yourself achieve a little more, it's a great place to be!

Accruent2019-09-11