Angard Staffing Reviews

Updated 20 May 2020

2.8
Pros
Cons
  • "you won't get as much respect as Royal Mail employees(in 10 reviews)

• "zero hours zero shifts zero angard(in 6 reviews)

1. "Good"

Former Employee - Warehouse Operative/Picker in Wakefield, England

I worked at Angard Staffing part-time

Pros

Very good in pay n shift

Cons

Very Good in connecting Except for

Angard Staffing2020-05-20
  2. "Unpredictable"

Current Employee - Casual Mail Sorter in Leeds, England

I have been working at Angard Staffing part-time

Pros

Excelent hourly rate after 13 weeks probation. Different role available each shift, or if a manager likes your work you can get the same role a lot. You can accept or decline shifts as it suits you. Currently, Corona crisis, unlimited hours available. You can set what hours you are available. Holiday pay provided after probation. If you take no holidays you get money in leiu.

Cons

Worst job at Leeds M C is in "the shed" as there is no heating and you are moving wheeled "York" cages on a sloping floor. I only spent 4 hours there. Second worst job is "convaying". You will be pushing "Yorks" around the building for 7 hours and your legs & feet will be sore. Wear trainers but avoid the York wheels. Most of the regular postal staff will not even speak to you. You are supposed to get 2 hours of a shift but not always. In pre-Corona times, I might get 8 hours in a week, or nothing at all and no money. Idealy, you should have another part-time job or a pension or some other source of money. You might have to claim Universal Credit.

Angard Staffing2020-05-03

"Not great"

2.0
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate

I have been working at Angard Staffing part-time for less than a year

Pros

you can choose when you want work and holiday pay

Cons

very dull, minimum wage (option to increase but very difficult to get there), before covid shift were hard to get, first come first served basis, and instructions when working always leave you clueless

Angard Staffing2020-05-11
  4. "As pleasant as rancid milk"

1.0
    Current Employee - Casual Mail Sorter in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Angard Staffing part-time for less than a year

Pros

- Flexible hours, you can choose what days you want to work - Showers on site - Long breaks (when you get them) - Nice 24/7 canteen with a quiet room

Cons

Ok for context I am a STEM student at UoB who got this job to pay the bills during the CV19 crisis, and it's ok for that, however there are so many things wrong with Angard and Royal Mail. - There is no organisation, you end up starting and ending your shift running around like a headless chicken being told to push cages called Yorks all around the depot and then being moaned at for not knowing what someone meant when they vaguely waved their hand in the air with a brusque 'over there' whilst pointing at the entire warehouse. - NOBODY respects social distancing, I work night shifts mainly and the manager kept touching me without my consent whilst saying creepy flirtatious things. - You cannot access the car park to store your car or bike, I cycle from Selly Oak to work and I have to beg someone to let me into the car park so I can safely lock up my bike. - You don't even get a locker, only the RM staff get lockers, you just get a tub in a room that anyone can access. - Be prepared for managers to break the law, sometimes you won't get your break, or you will just get sent home early as your 'break' which is illegal. - You don't even get any training and you're treated like you're exceptionally stupid for not knowing how to do certain tasks despite having never done them before. - Casual sexism and homophobia from coworkers which isn't resolved - Favouritism from managers, you can work harder than anyone else and still be treated like dirt here. Tonight, our manager let people observing Ramadan go for prayers and multiple breaks throughout our shift, but then forced us to stay behind an extra hour to make up for time lost by sending off the other workers and didn't even let us have our break. - The irony of having the managers say that nothing is their problem when you raise a query because 'Royal Mail have nothing to do with Angard' despite literally owning the agency.

Angard Staffing2020-05-18
  5. "Royal mail"

4.0
    Former Employee - Casual Mail Sorter in Norwich, England

I worked at Angard Staffing part-time for more than a year

Pros

It was a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

I was working a night shift and the management were a little stressful to work with around Christmas.

Angard Staffing2020-03-25
  6. "overall a positive experience"

Former Employee - Mail Sorter in Warrington, North West England, England

I worked at Angard Staffing part-time for more than a year

Pros

lots of flexibility over shifts. can take your pick of all of the shifts available at a specific time easy to learn and master task

Cons

can become very repetitive when assigned the same role for extended periods of time

Angard Staffing2019-12-12
  7. "Very good company to work for"

Current Employee - Mail Sorter in Preston, North West England, England

I have been working at Angard Staffing part-time for less than a year

Pros

great work to life balance

Cons

no cons to say really

Angard Staffing2019-11-20
  8. "'Your Shift Today Has Been Cancelled""

2.0
    Current Employee - Mail Sorter in Normanton, Yorkshire and the Humber, England

I have been working at Angard Staffing part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

High rate of pay for the work. Some good workmates.

Cons

Extremely unreliable. Difficult to contact. Some gruesomely terrible people to work with.

Angard Staffing2019-11-16
  9. ":( do not work here unless desperate :("

Former Employee - Mail Sorter

I worked at Angard Staffing part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people. Free parking. :(

Cons

Too Many canceled shifts. Average pay of 6k a year.

Angard Staffing2019-09-05
  10. "Angard/Royal Mail"

1.0
    Current Employee - Warehouse Operative/Picker

I have been working at Angard Staffing part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible working times, no obligation to commit to shifts

Cons

Extremely short notice when sending out messages for shifts. Morning shifts for 9am usually sent out ~8am giving very little time to get ready. No consistency when offering shifts.

Angard Staffing2019-10-07