Ansarada Reviews

Updated Sep 21, 2021

Found 94 of over 96 reviews

4.0
Ansarada CEO Sam Riley (no image)
Sam Riley
Pros
  • "Great perks and work/life balance(in 11 reviews)

• "It's a great Culture to work in with all people feeling like family(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It is absolutely true about the volume of redundancies(in 6 reviews)

• "Failure overseas, failure and criticism (some of it deleted on here) of sales people(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

182 Comments

Tech

35.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Ansarada~749807
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0

Great company, going places

Aug 10, 2021 - Chief Revenue Officer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Long standing brand position, highly credible global customer base, sector leading solutions, all mixed with a down to earth culture. Innovation and being the best is in the DNA of this business. So is taking on the incumbents and winning.

Cons

Reshaping a sector and industry is left to those who truly want to innovate and lead, and Ansarada takes that on squarely, which means they take on the biggest challenges, which means no cruising at Ansarada!

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great people, bad management

May 23, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Met some amazing people during my time at Ansarada. Kind, helpful, hard-working and genuinely want the best for the company. - Great perks and work/life balance. Social bunch as well.

Cons

Communication between CEO/Higher management and employees, especially in different offices around the world was abysmal. There was a lack of clarity with the vision and the future of the platform. This resulted in confusion over how to sell the product to others. HQ doesn't communicate ideas/changes to its employees, especially in the London and Chicago offices. This lack of communication and carelessness resulted in 40 redundancies globally, which happened suddenly one day. I'm sure the CEO cared for his employees, but I felt like some of it didn't feel genuine. If you really cared about your employees, you would have ensured that your vision and management was translated clearly to the rest of the us, not only the Sydney office.

22 people found this review helpful

People & Culture

Whilst disappointed to hear about your experience at Ansarada, we're thankful for the feedback and will endeavour to improve in the areas mentioned, as you can imagine building out a cross functional team and ensuring managers drive the vision and mission forward is key, a lot of the recent changes happened because of the very things you mentioned, as we make key hires in these regions we will certainly be assessing on managers who have driven a vision and mission from remote offices. No business is perfect, Ansarada is growing at scale, mistakes will be made and acted upon, and for some that's the excitement of a fast growth organisation, for others, some stability is needed. Appreciate your feedback, and we wish you all the very best in your new endeavours.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee

STEER CLEAR

May 24, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Met some really great colleagues, who I now call friends.

Cons

It is absolutely true about the volume of redundancies! Any CEO who has to explicitly state the he does not have the intention of firing anyone on his upcoming visit, is only further highlighting the fact that he is notorious for exhibiting tyrant behaviour... only to follow it with making over 40 people redundant globally a week later. Ansarada's financial management is appalling- employing people only to make them redundant within the month, leaving them to pick up the pieces of their dire financial situations with no support. Ansarada promised that people who were made redundant would receive suitable compensation- this was not the case, hardworking members of staff were insulted by the bare legal minimum! Salt in the wound of being made redundant effective immediately. In addition to their financial oversight, the CFO and CEO also insulted the intelligence of their 'valued' employees who saw all of this coming... from unpaid commissions, to frequent changes in the attainability of targets and filtering pressure from the top. The financial situation was obvious to everyone except the CFO who apparently was incapable of forecasting such financial issues. A whimpering apology and the minimum legal requirement in compensation is all that staff received after being put under immense pressure during the months leading up to the redundancies. It is a major insult to see that the company is now HIRING when yet again, THEY CANNOT AFFORD IT!

30 people found this review helpful
    4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Game over for Ansarada

May 22, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- People were friendly - Had a great culture - Christmas trips - Good work/life Balance

Cons

Ansarada is currently facing some very tough times ahead, recently having made atleast 40% of their employees redundant. Most of these employees had brilliant qualities and some of these people were very hardworking and talented individuals. They have lost a significant sum of their investment and now have to continue to downsize in order to maintain themselves. There was a sense of fear whenever the CEO visited any of the offices. This is probably because he had a reputation to fire someone every visit he made. He seems like a good person with good intentions. However, those intentions did not come clear. He felt the need to critique almost anything and everything. He is self-centred, has a very strong ego and makes it clear to everyone that he's a "genius". Yes, the reviews are true, he was supposed to give those who were made redundant a "good severance package", this unfortunately was not the case. Some ex employees have still not been compensated for certain things. Theres a lot that could be said about the CEO, but that should give you a small insight. There seemed to be so many changes with the product, where it was not stable for employees to get a clear message across to clients. Changes are always for the better, however, Ansarada did this too often, which turned out sour for them. Whether or not this review will be posted on Glassdoor will remain a mystery, some of the reviews in the past have been taken away (paid by the CEO). Ansarada had amazing potential but it has officially come to the end of its journey.

24 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Sinking ship!

Apr 24, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are some amazing talented people who give their all for this business but unfortunately don't get the same back from the CEO and leaders.

Cons

Ansarada is going down and down very fast. They are over spending and running out of money. They have just made over 40 people redundant. But the saddest part is the way in which they did this. Absolutely disgusting how they treated the people who have been nothing but loyal and given 100%. The CEO announced on the day they are making cuts and made everyone wait until their names were called one by one to be told if their job is safe or not and then to clear out their desks and leave immediately. Absolutely disgusting!

28 people found this review helpful

CEO

Hi, this is Sam Riley, CEO of Ansarada responding. I felt personally obliged to reply to this review, as it is in no way a reflection of the culture of care we foster here at Ansarada, nor an accurate representation of the changes that were made. I’m sorry you feel the way you do; it personally pains me to hear it and is not how I would want any Ansaradan or Ansarada alumni ever feeling. After you read my reply, if I or anyone at Ansarada can help you in any way, please contact me or our people and culture team directly. Yes, we had to let some people go based on over-investing ahead of growth, which totally sits with me as my responsibility. We did this because we believe in our future, the value of our product, service and people, and because we’re incredibly passionate about what we’re doing, how we’re helping people and the opportunities we’re creating. The UK (which is where your review says you are located) has very specific employment laws on announcing and making changes to employees and redundancies, and we have worked within these laws to be as compassionate and considerate as we possibly could. The process sucked and was not pleasant for anybody. We did what we could in our small office in London to ensure that each person had a dedicated and private meeting with a senior manager that day and this was to show our people that we cared about them and valued them individually. We also wanted to afford each person who was regrettably leaving the chance to hear our gratitude for their time with us and to answer any personal questions they may have had. Our intent in all situations – as evidenced by the continued generosity and support we give all our staff – is the opposite of what you have described. We’ve worked hard to find new opportunities for many people who have left Ansarada, and have provided all with free assistance and counselling services. I and other leaders have personally received letters of gratitude and thanks for going above and beyond in the circumstances. I rarely (if ever) reply to Glassdoor reviews, but I will not be labelled as disgusting in the way we treat staff. We love and value everyone who works here and appreciate the dedication and passion they put into everything they do. Yours Sincerely, Sam Riley

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company with a progressive culture

Nov 19, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture. It's very refreshing to experience first hand how a company is living its corporate mission and values. The people are ambitious and hard working and the atmosphere in the office is fantastic. Having started fairly recently I also got a chance to experience a very well thought out on-boarding process. Everybody is very approachable and helpful.

Cons

Not many. Time difference between Oz, UK and US doesn't allow for much flexibility for those global conference calls, but it's something nobody can really change...

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work that really values employees

Sep 24, 2018 - Senior Account Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Feel valued.. Your opinion/feedback matters to managers and leadership team - Great product that is always improving - Perks like lunch and learns , snack cupboards , fresh fruit. drinks etc - Great culture - team diners/ nights out/ Christmas weekend away (Lisbon, Amsterdam the last two years) - Progression opportunities - Competitive salaries and reasonable, realistic quarterly bonuses - Ambitious vision - Rapidly scaling - lots of new faces

Cons

- Fast pace change due to vision which can frustrate some people - HQ is Aus and I think each region should have more autonomy

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

One of the best in UK!

Sep 24, 2018 - Talent Acquisition Lead in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been at Ansarada for 6 months now and can honestly say that it's great here! It's a start up feel with so many cool perks and opportunity to learn and develop yourself. Yes you have to work hard and things change on regular basis but it's for the good of everyone. Ansarada is scaling fast so you need to be prepared to work hard but also be prepared to be rewarded and treated like an adult. I have worked at other saas organisations and can honestly say this is by far the best. You truly are looked after here.

Cons

There are always changes, but I do not see this as con as you need change whilst scaling rapidly.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 4.0

Company overview

Apr 24, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

People and Culture focused Growth Mindset Product is superior to it's competitors Customer Loyalty driven by product and support

Cons

Planning and execution don't seem to always go hand in hand Business lacks mentorship in strategy and planning Internal operations can get in the way of client experience

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee

A place for proactive, courageous and collaborative

Jan 15, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

+ Desire to have an epic culture driven by values and vision beyond just having them to look good + A Senior leadership team that embodies these values and desires to make an impact for the better for themselves, their colleagues and the wider community they serve + Constant and never ending improvement to develop everything around them + Collaborative and Innovative environment - all well thought through, commercially valid or Innovative ideas are welcomed- no matter where they come from

Cons

- The rapid growth and fast pace can make it a challenging environment for those who resit change or are less able to adapt quickly - The regular and sometimes whole-scale change can create frustration amongst teams in the short term - As the company grows, process is improving but can sometimes be overcooked a little and become restrictive - generally reversed swiftly.

3 people found this review helpful

Head of Talent

Thanks for writing your review of ansarada and sharing some candid views on your experience. We really value these kinds of insights.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 94 Reviews