Apple Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends

9,978 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • Great benefits as soon as you start (in 935 reviews)

• work from home - no commute - decent pay (in 226 reviews)

Cons

1. "Great for the most part"

Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Stratford, London, England
    Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Stratford, London, England

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits Fantastic team Flexible holiday

Cons

Progression works on a favouritism scale

2. "Just perfect"

Current Employee - Customer Service in London, England
    Current Employee - Customer Service in London, England

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will learn a lot at Apple !

Cons

Nothing to complain. I love being at Apple.

"Great Place to work. Some bad points but would work there again :)"

Former Employee - Specialist in London, England
    Former Employee - Specialist in London, England

I worked at Apple part-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are great, pay is great, work is relatively easy (If you love tech like i do). Great discount on products.

Cons

Working hours can be long. Easy to work past your contacted hours while serving customers (this isn't that bad as you get paid for every second you do).

Advice to Management

Increase your retention of great staff. It seems you guys don't appreciate your staff very much. In my time there i saw many great workers (some of which top 10 sellers) told that they have to leave (due to signing temp contracts and not being kept on), however, keeping people who do less work but socialised with you guys. Favouritism shouldn't rule over skill and great work ethic.

5. "Great people!"

I worked at Apple full-time

Pros

Family environment, peer to peer support, always available for continuous feedback

Cons

Long hours, high pressured environment

Advice to Management

Continue to be great!

6. "Some people can be childish"

Current Employee - Apple Retail - Expert in London, England
    Current Employee - Apple Retail - Expert in London, England

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good environment to learn.

Cons

Some people can be childish

Advice to Management

Listen more than you speak. Speak once you have heard.

7. "good"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Omagh, Northern Ireland
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Omagh, Northern Ireland

I worked at Apple (Less than a year)

Pros

I have many pros from my time here. I enjoyed my time

Cons

I have no negatives from my time here. They taught me a lot and the culture was good

Advice to Management

non

"Avoid EMEIA DFA in Europe Finance"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in London, England
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Apple, collectively, is full of passionate, smart, and driven individuals. People hold themselves to high standards and great attention to details. Everyone wants to do what's best for our customers.

Cons

Unfortunately, there are really bad eggs in the London office. There is a lot of focus on doing non-value-add type of work. Managers tend to play favourites and isolate those who disagree with them, even if their points can be extremely valid. People seems to be promoted based on tenure rather than aptitude. You have to kiss up to you boss to advance in your career. These comments only extend to the European finance team. Other functions like marketing or engineering do not play office politics like this group. The compensation is also terrible compared to all the places I've worked at in the past 10 years.

Advice to Management

If more than a handful of people are leaving with a quarter, maybe it's time to start looking at which managers are the issue rather than the analysts. Favouritism to some extent is fine, but not when the people getting propped up are those who are most incompetent. Stop hiring people with accounting backgrounds. It is absolutely useless in DFA.

9. "Specialist"

Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in London, England
    Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in London, England

Pros

Great atmosphere to work in, diverse people.

Cons

Repetitive sales. Not much room for progression, Staff turnover is high

"Overall positive"

Current Employee - Apple Genius in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Apple Genius in Manchester, England

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- The people you work with are without a doubt the most incredible, passionate, interesting, talented, intelligent people you will work with in your life.
    - The company has an amazing philosophy in regards to its effect on the environment, it's passionate towards individuality, and has a desire to make the work a better place.
    - Working here will open doors throughout your career, both within and outside of Apple. People are always interested when they hear you work for Apple.
    - Busy environment - there was never a day spent waiting for things to happen. This made the days go quickly and I went home knowing that I had achieved something that day.
    - Employees are looked after well, with fitness and health reimbursements, good discount, and personal support for any issues faces within life.
    - During busy periods i.e. launches and holiday seasons, you are kept motivated and looked after by the leadership team.
    - The opportunity to try out new roles both within retail and corporate.
    - Excellent environment for open communication and feedback.
    - The ability to develop yourself is phenomenal here, particularly for students and graduates.

Cons

- Although when compared to other retail jobs the pay is higher than average, when you assess the work and effort you put into each role, the general consensus is that staff are underpaid. However, roles within management have an excellent pay.
    - Busy - not a great environment to work in whilst ill, or going through personal issues. On days like these work can be relentless.
    - Customers spend a lot of money on Apple products, and quite rightly when things go wrong they aren't too happy with this. Dealing with people in this situation is not easy and can be extremely tiring.
    - Job has become quite measures bases. Apple has lost it's original core value of creating great experiences. It is now heavily focussed on revenue and iPhone upgrade.
    - As with any retail role the hours are very unsociable. It is difficult to plan any personal social activity in advance due to a lack of knowledge of which day you will have off.

"Producer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

Pros

Creatively driven and friendly people, plenty of time to do your best work. Good budgets available to carry out best work.

Cons

Feels over staffed at times, which means that often there is not enough work to go around. Transcreation office means that most original creative work is carried out in the US. You work on a need to know basis, so very exclusive.

Advice to Management

Engage your contract staff more. They are there to do the same jobs and should be made to feel like part of the wider operation.

Showing 9,978 of 10,532 reviews