Astek Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Astek Reviews

Updated 31 Dec 2019

2.8
Astek CEO Julien Gavaldon (no image)
Julien Gavaldon
Pros
  • "Quite good salary, nice HR team(in 13 reviews)

• "Prime vacances, RTT, Mutuelle, ticket resto,(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Manque de suivi, augmentation trop faible(in 20 reviews)

• "volution de mission n i salaire, le jeunes embauch(in 18 reviews)

1. "Astek International"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Astek full-time for less than a year

Pros

International missions Possibility to relocate in different countries Attractive salaries and benefits Good follow-ups with the country managers Team building activities Impressive growth of the company over the last few years

Cons

Continue growing your clients portfolio and opening new countries

Astek2017-12-01
  2. "Company with good direction"

Current Employee - IT Consultant

I have been working at Astek full-time

Pros

Astek covers (provides contractors to) wide range of tech companies worldwide. Flexible and fair approach. Easy to move around the world if you want.

Cons

Not focused on smaller tech companies.

Advice to Management

Keep up with new direction.

Astek2016-09-12

"Probably the worst agency you could work for"

Software Developer Contractor in London, England

I worked at Astek

Pros

Can't think of any reason to work with Astek. Pay an accountant and become self employed would be a much better experience.

Cons

- Salary is low - They don't take news to see how you're doing and if you're happy - They have so many contractor, they don't even keep track who is where. - The person who I was in contact with left, and no one took over my profile, had to learn that when I resigned.

Astek2016-10-14
  4. "happy place!"

Current Employee - Senior IT Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Astek full-time for more than a year

Pros

The team is fantastic, both our HR and business development PoC are great professionals, always there to help us or answer our questions. We are currently assigned to a mission here in London where consultants are given the opportunity to make the difference. I have explained what i would like to do in the future in terms of career path and i feel like my opnion is important to the managers. Continue with this good work!

Cons

Everything looks bright on my end, perhaps we should organise more afterwork events as this really ties the group together!

Advice to Management

Please keep on listening to your consultants cause it is them who will build up and maintain the great reputation of the company in front of your clients. As mentioned in last Astek UK event, we really need to grow in this country cause we now have fantastic achievements and we need to show the world what we are made of.

Astek2016-08-29

"Very high salary and no stress :)"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Astek full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have heard about them from a friend and I contacted the UK team saying I wanted to work as Business analyst or Product manager and they found me a job right away at their client premises in only 1 month, this is exceptional for London market. My salary is higher than average and finally i found someone who understands that being a contractor entails taking risks, i.e. I am paid more than the staff employees. There is no stress at work and I can have a great work life balance deal and spend time with my girlfriend and friends.

Cons

You gotta love to be on your own, they give you good salary but there is no business manager here to take care of your doubts/ questions. Very few cons indeed.

Advice to Management

You should just hire one guy doing the business development for the London office as this city is experiencing very good economic growth and you should be there to take advantage of it. Your hiring process is fast and effective.

Astek2015-05-22
  6. "Easy to get in but disapointing"

Current Employee - Software Developer Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Astek full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good experience to begin a carrier

Cons

low income, no benefits, no help to employee sent abroad.

Astek2013-10-14

"Very bad experience with Astek"

Former Employee - Product Definition Analyst in London, England

I worked at Astek full-time for less than a year

Pros

Salary. Unfortunately, that's about it.

Cons

- Inappropriate contract and salary currency: I was working on a French contract, based in the UK which means lots of transfer fees when paying for my living expenses in the UK. - Very bad recruitment process - Very bad human ressources management: The job description didn't match the day-to-day activities at all, no proactivity from the management to provide training which is a shame because a post-grad professionnal without experience MUSTget training. - A lot of mistakes from the senior management - benefits not paid on time because they forgot to sign some papers on time, wrong start date so had to wait an extra month to get the full amount of the monthly benefit, error in my address - Left after 4,5 months as I had the feeling my brain was slowly dying there / was feeling very useless - They rush you during the recruitment process, and when you start the position, they completely abandon you to yourself // very bad follow up regarding the integration on the company I was working for as a contractor

Advice to Management

- Review your recruitement process and strategy - Stop chasing and calling any new CV posted on Monster, this makes your company looks very miserable to get new employes and highlights that your company is poorly managed: employees keep leaving and high salary isn't enough to keep your employees

Astek2013-05-29
  8. "Very nice company"

I have been working at Astek full-time

Pros

Good flexibility and understanding team

Cons

Less clients in hk, main office is in sg in asia

Astek2019-12-04
  9. "Good client base but avoid at any cost"

I worked at Astek full-time

Pros

- Big clients - Good starting salary

Cons

- No training but shouting 24/7 - Broken Promises - Micromanagement - Work-life balance non-existent

Advice to Management

Actually hire candidates with the right experience instead of unexperienced(cheaper) candidates and set unrealistic KPIs. You are driving talents away.

Astek2019-12-31
  10. "Good starting point if you find a good mission"

Software Development Engineer in Nice

I worked at Astek

Pros

Competitive salary Amazing place if you love nature, sun and sea Big clients If you work well you can increase a little bit your salary Nice folks

Cons

Non-competitive bonus package No training courses Once you are assigned to the client you are not followed Broken promises

Advice to Management

Follow more your engineers Make them feel like your employees Set up external training courses Increase bonus package

Astek2019-11-23