Audio Analytic Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Audio Analytic Reviews

Updated 16 Sep 2019

Found 8 reviews

4.5
Audio Analytic CEO Chris Mitchell (no image)
Chris Mitchell

"Fantastic place to work at"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Cambridge, East of England, England

I have been working at Audio Analytic full-time for less than a year

Pros

At Audio Analytic you can fully apply your skills to solve challenging technical problems. You would be working with a very competent group of people (who are also really nice and enthusiastic about what they do). Audio Analytic is creating cutting-edge sound recognition technology. Perfect place for audio lovers. Management listens to the teams and makes improvements based on their needs.

Cons

Of course, you will not find the same resources as in a big company, but we improve every day thanks to everyone's contribution.

Audio Analytic2019-09-10
  2. "Review"

Current Employee - Private

I have been working at Audio Analytic full-time

Pros

Great colleagues Great location Interesting and challenging work

Cons

Could improve career progression

Audio Analytic2019-09-16
  3. "Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, South West England, England

I have been working at Audio Analytic full-time for less than a year

Pros

- People are all really nice - Job provides a good technical challenge - You get to take responsibility, be involved in decision and own the work you do - Table football league

Cons

There are not parking spaces for everyone at the office.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Audio Analytic2018-01-26

June 28, 2019Audio Analytic

Aww your too kind! Unfortunately, we don't have space for everyone to park a car, but there is plenty of space for bicycles and scooters and other car parks within walking distance.

"An exciting tech company that is winning at innovation"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, East of England, England

I have been working at Audio Analytic full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you want to apply your skills to something interesting and deliver software to some amazing customers, there are vast opportunities to do so here. The work is varied which is challenging but means you are given the chance to improve and learn new skills all the time. We are valued and looked after as employees so we get all the important things; training, conferences, personal mentoring, the occasional... work day from home. The office is right in the middle of town, the team is awesome and there is beer and pizza every Friday!

Cons

The company is still small so there are benefits aren't currently offered, onsite gym, running club, cycle-to-work scheme.

Audio Analytic2018-01-16

June 28, 2019Audio Analytic

Thanks for the awesome review :) We have since added further benefits and you can find more details here; https://www.audioanalytic.com/careers/benefits/ We still offer free fruit and the benefit of a gym membership to cancel out all our free biscuits, pizza, pop and beer :)

"A rewarding challenge"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, East of England, England

I have been working at Audio Analytic full-time for less than a year

Pros

+ We are working on some genuinely novel technology, which present interesting challenges on a daily basis. + We are working with some interesting customers and helping them realise the impact that contextual sound awareness could have on their products. + Everyone is friendly; both professionally and personally. It is easy to approach anyone in the company and ask for a reasoning behind (nearly) any given... decision. + The new building has fantastic with great views out over Cambridge especially in the summer.

Cons

- As with all scale up we're suffering some growing pains - there is too much work to do in too little time, so we have to make quick decisions on priorities; sometimes these guesses are wrong. I'm told practise makes perfect though. - We're learning to do things whilst we do them. This means that everything takes that little bit longer than it should, but we are learning an awesome amount.

Audio Analytic2018-01-12

"Fast-paced, innovative, bags of fun, and lovely people too"

Current Employee - Vice President, Marketing Communications in Cambridge, East of England, England

I have been working at Audio Analytic full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are so many great things about working at Audio Analytic. The culture is informal, friendly and fun with a focus on teamwork. People take their work seriously but not themselves. When you are working in such a fast moving company then that culture is really important. Our customers, prospects and partners are all major global brands working in the consumer tech space, which means that it is very exciting.... The leadership team is strong and has a clear vision of why we do what we do, which means that everybody is pulling in the same direction. And our technology is revolutionary too, so we are doing things that nobody else has done before. There is a major buzz when you see somebody experience sound recognition for the first time. In May 2017 we moved into our new office, which has plenty of space, meeting areas and a really well-stocked lounge/kitchen for social interaction and table football. The location is good too. The Cambridge office is at the quayside, so it is five minutes walk to the centre of Cambridge and there are numerous places to grab lunch, giving lots of variety.

Cons

The world famous Fitzbillies is over the road. It is very easy to get addicted to their Chelsea buns.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Audio Analytic2018-01-05

January 12, 2018Marketing and Communications Manager

Thank you for leaving such a nice review! We are glad you enjoy it here.

"Never a dull day"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

I have been working at Audio Analytic full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been working at Audio Analytic for two and a half years and have seen them grow from a team of dozen, to a team of thirty plus. I'm really pleased I joined Audio Analytic, it's been the most satisfying period of my 15 year career. It's a busy, dynamic, challenging environment - we're supplying our technology to some of the biggest and most innovative consumer electronics companies in the world - but... despite this, the team from senior management downward continues to enjoy the challenge and maintain its sense of humour. Staff retention is impressive, I've seen just two people move on to new roles during my 2.5 years here. I think is because Audio Analytic is also a company that recognises people's talents and offers opportunities for growth. I've changed roles twice since joining Audio Analytic, which has allowed me to do more of the work I enjoy and am best at.

Cons

There's never a dull day at Audio Analytic. We're a small (but growing) company with some very innovative and demanding customers, which makes for a busy working life, and at times this can be stressful. The learning curve can also be quite steep at Audio Analytic, our technology sits at the cutting edge of many complex technical topics and trends: artificial intelligence, machine learning, embedded software,... consumer electronics, audio, smart home, IoT, device hardware, etc. Getting familiar with all the terminology can take a little time.

Audio Analytic2018-01-20

January 26, 2018Marketing and Communications

You're making us blush! Thanks for leaving such a nice review.

"Strong technical team"

I worked at Audio Analytic full-time

Pros

- Strong technical team. - Friendly environment.

Cons

Product development valued more highly than research.

Audio Analytic2018-08-19