Bacardi Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 10 Mar 2020

3.9
Bacardi CEO Mahesh Madhavan
Mahesh Madhavan
Pros
  • "Still family owned- Great brands(in 42 reviews)

• "Great people, family values which create a very positive , transparent and collaborative environment(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Best company to work for!"

Current Employee - Global Brand Manager in London, England

I have been working at Bacardi full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

We have THE best brands, everyday and project is exciting, the culture is amazing and all about family! The company genuinely wants to see you do well and recruits and trains from within to make our employees feel empowered and invested in. The best part of the company are the people they hire, everyone is super friendly and a great vibe in any office you step into around the world. The Bacardi vibe :)

Cons

I actually can't think of one!

Bacardi2020-02-21

"Great culture, flexibility and brands to work with! Winners are rewarded!"

Current Employee - Customer Account Manager in Winchester, England

I have been working at Bacardi full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great brands with great support - no micromanaging, just KPIs and guidance - brilliant flexibility in your day to day. Get the job done on your own terms - Solid plan for growth you can believe in - great benefits, meal allowance/travel/car

Cons

Communication of KPI’s and standardised KPI planning No real cons though

Bacardi2020-02-19
  3. "Family Culture"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in London, England

I have been working at Bacardi full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Warm, friendly and dynamic people, truly a family company. Challenging work, very entrepreneurial and you're encouraged to take on projects that inspire you and help develop you in areas you enjoy. The perks are good too, lovely office environment, cocktail classes, great little treats throughout the year. Our brands have a rich heritage and wonderful back story so I'm proud to work here.

Cons

Can be ambiguous at times, we work in a fast paced, competitive industry and we have to react at speed so you need to be comfortable with change. The matrix can be complex to navigate at times as it's not always obvious who the key stakeholders are.

Continue reading
    Bacardi2020-01-24

"The meaning behind #bacardilife."

Current Employee - Global Brand Director in London, England

I have been working at Bacardi full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The business of spirits is an amazing business to work in. Bands are really emotional and have a deeper meaning to consumers, which brings so much opportunities for marketers. We have some of the greatest brands which so much rich history in our portfolio and if you love experiential work, this is the place to work as it all comes down to bringing experiences to your consumers. Next to that, you work with great strong people and thanks to the small size of the team you actually get a lot of freedom within your work. You are accountable and get to bring a lot of things to the table to help grow global brands. Opportunities to change jobs & disciplines are big and encouraged, so if you want to dip your tows into something else - whether it's region or function - Bacardi is definitely a company to work for. You can be your true self here, even if it means you die your hair purple or have tattoos & piercings. As long as you deliver the outstanding work there is a lot of freedom.

Cons

We are a family owned company, and have a quite small team structure so things can get chaotic sometimes. You need to be aware of that, and be able to deal with the insecurity and ambiguity. Everyone at Bacardi is outspoken and has an opinion which is great to get feedback, but sometimes it means everyone has an opinion and you have to be able to deal with that. You need to do a lot of stakeholder management, and we do bring a matrix structure to another level compared to a lot of other companies which can get confusing. As a family business it also means that changes happen often and we rethink ways of working a lot. That takes energy, and if you like a fixed structure Bacardi is not the company to work for.

Bacardi2020-01-20

"A great place to work on great brands while having fun doing it."

Current Employee - Brand Manager in London, England

I have been working at Bacardi full-time for more than a year

Pros

Relaxed environment, family culture, and family spirit.

Cons

The London office could be more diverse considering its location.

Bacardi2020-01-21

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager in London, England

I have been working at Bacardi full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Portfolio of iconic brands, great culture and people. Fantastic career development opportunities in some amazing locations around the world. Benefits are great.

Cons

Heavy workload and challenging work life balance. Many teams are under resourced with too many people at the top & enough entry-level employees.

Bacardi2020-01-19

"Bacardi: a great working environmnet"

Current Employee - Global Marketing Director in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Bacardi full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, family values which create a very positive , transparent and collaborative environment The wealth of the portfolio, the brands we own and the industry we operate in, make working in this organization so much fun Entrepreneurial spirit is appreciated and rewarded as well as fearless inititative I also like the practical and results driven approach (not too much process driven) Truly an international enviroment Most of the work locations are great places to go every day to

Cons

Sometimes too much focused on short term returns More structured approach to key decision making is improving but not there yet

Bacardi2020-01-17

"An amazing family to be part of!"

Current Employee - Finance

I have been working at Bacardi full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great culture, family oriented, fun and friendly place to work. Great industry to be part of with interesting brands and, as a finance person, an opportunity to have a real influence on strategy and how we engage with our consumers. Lots of opportunities for international travel and career growth to exciting locations!

Cons

Historically the company was sometimes slow to react to changes in the external environment and unclear over long-term plans however that has changed massively in the past couple of years for the better

Bacardi2019-12-20
  9. "Such a pity"

Former Employee - Marketing in London, England

I worked at Bacardi full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great brands, 100% family company, many good people, fewer and fewer though, so many good people have been fired by all the many CEOs with no other reason than the need to place their own people nstead. Great Harvard program for the happy few.

Cons

Too much politics. Like a monarchy, only way to survive is to please the current CEO. If one dares to disagree and speak up, the person is fired. It is dangerous for a company to have that autocratic style of management.

Continue reading
    Bacardi2019-12-27

"Stimulating and collaborative culture"

Current Employee - GlGlobal Digital Marketing Manager in London, England

I have been working at Bacardi full-time for less than a year

Pros

Collaborative mindset Stimulating culture with rich learnings opportunities Very visible senior management and leadership teams Strong brands

Cons

Maintaining work/life balance in global team can be challenging

Bacardi2019-12-09