Baton Rouge General Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.6
Baton Rouge General CEO Edgardo Tenreiro
Edgardo Tenreiro
Pros
Cons
  • "Project workflows tend to be decided entirely by upper management(in 4 reviews)

• "Low pay, but goes with the territory in this city(in 3 reviews)

1. "Lowest paying hospital in Baton Rouge"

I have been working at Baton Rouge General full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Sometimes you may recieve a yearly bonus

Cons

Pay raises are low They are always in the red or purple Do not give to the employee giving the program, When you need help they will not help you when you need it

Advice to Management

Poor management

Baton Rouge General2019-10-29
  2. "PCA"

Current Employee - Pca in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Baton Rouge General full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Family atmosphere depending on unit

Cons

In quality work performance

Baton Rouge General2019-09-10
  3. "Busy yet satisfying"

Current Employee - Patient Transporter

I have been working at Baton Rouge General part-time

Pros

Exposure to many hospital departments

Cons

Exhausting physical work that is not adequately compensated.

Baton Rouge General2019-08-07
  4. "Negotiate Before accepting an offer"

Former Employee - Coding Specialist

I worked at Baton Rouge General full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Mid city location family atmosphere. Bluebonnet location is strictly business.

Cons

Employer is not flexible. Pay raises are only between 2-3% annually.

Baton Rouge General2019-07-31
  5. "Started well"

Current Employee - Helpdesk Technician in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Baton Rouge General full-time for more than a year

Pros

GPT to use for anything you want is nice. Fast paced

Cons

Everything another team doesn't want to do gets dumped on desktop. IS is cheap. super cheap. don't plan on advancing without a brown nose. Raises are 3% unless you are the best brown noser then you get 5%.

Baton Rouge General2019-07-30
  6. "Posting payments"

Former Employee - Cash Poster

I worked at Baton Rouge General full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Company / benefits was good.

Cons

Low pay and unorganized

Baton Rouge General2019-06-24

"Staff Nurse, RN, BSN"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Convent, LA

I have been working at Baton Rouge General full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pros about this facility is that it welcomed me with open arms upon hire while trying to find a place to work closer to home, they understood my situation, and the team dynamic upon hire was amazing and very supportive.

Cons

The cons: First I want to start with thanking the Baton Rouge General for the opportunity to work for them and the experience I have gained. Upon hire like I said in the pros section great team dynamic great support, but things changed. I have now been working for the General for two years now going on three, and I have noticed not only a change in the work environment, high turn over rate, staffing situation, high... nurse burn out, patient acuity vs. nurse to patient ratio, poor organization, and poor management. But, what I have noticed is a trend in nurses not having a voice when it comes to situations that need to be spoken on or things that need to be handle on the unit that needs improvement. On the unit I work on I felt as a nurse I did the best I could, going to work everyday giving 110 percent staying late nights, and still I felt like my work and what I did is not good enough and management made me feel as if I wasn’t giving my all when I do all I can do for my patients. I take my job very seriously I am very passionate about being a nurse and caring for people, it’s part of my life, and it saddens me to feel as if I am not being given the credit for what I am doing especially when I am giving my all, and I will be the bigger person and speak for my team because if it wasn’t for my team of nurses on my unit I don’t think I would have stayed as long as I did those ladies and men are amazing from the nurses, telemetry techs, cardiac rehab, PCA’s, Lab techs, doctors, EVS workers, dietary, and transporters; the credit is given from my voice because I think we deserve it. I know every hospital has its flaws, but at some point they need to be fixed. Also, addressing management I know times can get touch but we need leaders that will tackle situations good or bad, big or small, and most of all making there employees feel valued. As a team we have spoken up and still I see failure in things that are not being improved. To list those things, staffing I know we have to hire to get staffing but also patient ratio, acuity, and nurse burn out is a problem. To address this I think the hospital is forgetting the bigger picture, the well being of the patients and safe patient quality care. On the unit I work on the patient acuity is very high, very fast pace unit which; I love the pace, but what is not being address is patient load and patient acuity. Error is liable to be made if you give for example, one nurse 2-3 open heart patients that need practically one on one care that has a max of 6 total patients while being continuously slammed with admits and discharges, organization is definitely a problem. Nursing assignments are definitely a work in progress. Nurse burn out is not only bad for the nurse but is very very harmful to the patient, and nothing is being done about this issue. Delegation, communication, leadership, advocacy, and organization is the key. If the hospital does not fix these areas it will carry over to the next facility that is in the progress of being opened, and high turn over rates will continue to be an issue due to nurse burn out, but also patient safety concerns. It does have an effect it might not be an issue now, but it is a growing problem, and if it’s not the employees management needs to be addressed. Look at the bigger picture what is creating these issues. With that being said I do love what I do as a nurse, and it does carry over into my everyday life this is not just a job for me it is truly a passion, and I will speak up where change and rights that need to happen, and will always fight for the better as long as I am a nurse and as long as I live, I will be the voice of reason. Once again thank you Baton Rouge General for the opportunity to work for your organization and for the experience I have gained at your facility it is greatly appreciated, and I will carry that with me through my advancing nursing career.

Advice to Management

As for advice to management, I would like to first start of by thanking you for the leadership, opportunity, and experience. I know, that your responsibility is very large and very demanding, but you can not forget why you was hand picked for this role no matter how crazy situations may be good or bad, you have to remember why you do this. A lot of people or counting on you, and as a nursing and staffing leader you... have the biggest voice of reason and change, you are the advocate for us as a team, and I am speaking for our team, we look up to you and appreciate everything you do for us, but areas need change. We know you are doing your best, communication organization, delegation, employee burn out, and patient safety is suffering. I will take the time to give you credit for all of your hard work and determination we see what you are capable of, we just need you to see that in us as a team, and to give us credit and support, and listen to your employees when they are calling out for help and need change and help from management. Thanks again for the leadership, opportunity, and experience.

Baton Rouge General2019-07-08
  8. "Do not work for this company"

Former Employee - Pca

I worked at Baton Rouge General full-time for less than a year

Pros

the only thing good is the benefits and the pay differential

Cons

The managers is no good they fired me for calling out because I had a test the next morning

Baton Rouge General2019-05-15
  9. "Been with the general for over 9 years and have worked in many departments. Learning and growing ."

Current Employee - HIM Clerk in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Baton Rouge General full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefits, Incentives, Volunteer opportunity to be apart of your community outside the hospital

Cons

Management is very unorganized, do not follow up on concerns or questions please Employee has regarding issues within department. Job roles change frequently.

Baton Rouge General2019-03-18
  10. "Pros/Cons"

Former Employee - Staff RN

I worked at Baton Rouge General full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Close relationships with co-workers; easy facility to navigate; lots of experience gained working as a nurse out of school.

Cons

Some RN's in management positions are not qualified; the nurses best interest are sometimes overlooked and they are overworked to accommodate upper-management demands that will earn more money for the hospital.

Baton Rouge General2019-02-26