Betfred Reviews

Updated 6 May 2021

Betfred Chairman Fred Done
Fred Done
Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours, leaving no time for family(in 31 reviews)

• "low pay, short time between shifts as asm(in 16 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Betfred"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in Warrington, North West England, England, England

I have been working at Betfred part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, flexible, easy, opportunity for further employment

Cons

late hours are a pain

2. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in Plymouth, England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Betfred full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Solid hours, good training, above average wages.

Cons

Customers can be a bit difficult sometimes.

3. COVID-19

"Great company if you work hard!"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Customer Relations Advisor in Warrington, North West England, England, England

I have been working at Betfred full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are many positive aspects of working with Betfred! I currently work in the Head Office building in Warrington so this review does not apply to our retail outlets. Pros: - I can't start a review off without mentioning the team! They are a great bunch who always welcome new-starters. The team consists of around 30 other advisors and by the time you have been in the job for a few weeks you'll know all of them. They are incredibly supportive and will always strive to help you with any queries you may have. - Reasonable pay! The pay for a pre probation new starter is £8.72 which rises to £9.00 on completion of your probation . This is reasonable when comparing it to the industry standard. -Management! The management structure consists of Team Leaders (5 of these), General Management (2) and the Head of Customer Services (1). It does go up however these are the ones you will have daily contact with. All are very approachable and professional but will have a laugh with you in the appropriate scenarios. The General Management are fantastic and have supported me since I joined the company. Just make sure you work hard and apply yourself and you'll have absolutely no problems with them. The Head of Customer Services is also incredibly friendly and often has his door open should you wish to talk with him about anything. -Training. If you are new to Customer Services or the industry have no fear! Training is great here. You have a generous probationary period of 12 weeks to pick up anything you didn't know. However if you still aren't sure after you pass your probation it's as easy as talking to a colleague..everyone is happy to help here. - Career progression. It is there if you want it. There are many great departments within the company for you to move on to. From Digital Content and Marketting to Compliance and Safer Gambling..it is there. Oppourtunities to progress do come up from time to time so it is worth applying for them if you want to progress within the company. It is worth adding you must have worked for the company for 6 months before you do apply but that time soon flys by. -Breaks. They are not scheduled by management. You pick your breaks. Just let the duty team leader know when you want them. This department is a fantastic place to work. There are more things I could have said but for the sake of keeping it a reasonable length I have only included the main ones.

Cons

Now! I can't lie and say it is perfect because there are downsides to every job but in my own opinion the pros outway the cons. - Shifts. You work any 5 days from 7. So yes, that means you will work on the weekends. The general manager, in charge of compiling the rotas, is fair and will give you a weekend day off when the buisness needs allow it. This is often every 2/3 weeks or so but it's not a guarantee. - Christmas Day or Boxing Day? Every year 4 advisors and 2 team leaders will work Christmas Day. Usually people volunteer to do this shift but if not then it is a name in the hat scenario. If you don't work Christmas Day then you will work Boxing Day which is one of our busiest days. However the atmosphere on these days is fantastic! Having worked this myself I can safely say I don't regret my decisions. It's worth adding Christmas day comes with pay perks or days in Lieu. That's about it from me regarding cons.

Continue reading
  4. "Good employer to work for"

Former Employee - Manager in Birmingham, England, England

I worked at Betfred full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Clean , simple in quiet environment. Make you experience all sites of people excitement as the winning or loosing. You learn to deal with all human behaviour, you are always on your guard from conmen and conwoman, you are learning to be great observer as judging people age and assess if they intentions are more than just betting.

Cons

It could be extremely dangerous as this is all about money. You working all hours all days including bank holidays Saturdays and Sundays but no extra pay just basic hourly flat rate .

Continue reading
  5. "It is the right job if your dedicated"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Bromley, England, England

I have been working at Betfred full-time

Pros

This job is a quite easy job, if you pay attention and are actually committed, you get bonus pay for not missing work days and you get to meet a lot of people which can help boost your communication skills. Showing hard work does not come unnoticed. it is an enjoyable job with the right people around you to support and motivated you.

Cons

The job can be boring if you are not committed, you can find yourself in bad situations if you are not able to maintain professional.# As there is a lot of people in the company, your needs will not always be at the top of the list which can make you feel as if the company does not care were that is not the case but if you let it get to you it can really effect you, i have seen many people get annoyed and not enjoy there job.

6. "Easy job"

Current Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in London, England, England

I have been working at Betfred full-time

Pros

Easy work Left to do your job

Cons

Low pay Long hours Occasional angry customers

7. "Good"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in London, England, England

I worked at Betfred part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good fun quiet friendly chilled

Cons

Bad customers sometimes but ok

8. "Great people"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Manchester, England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Betfred full-time

Pros

Great colleagues and regular customer

Cons

Long hours for the pay

9. ".."

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Shotts, Scotland, Scotland

I worked at Betfred full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good colleagues, great customers and opportunity to form good relationships with them

Cons

Bad management Long hours Bad pay No work/ social life balance Underpaid and overworked

Continue reading
  10. "Easy Job, can be boring"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Preston, North West England, England, England

I have been working at Betfred part-time

Pros

Easy job, very laid back even as a shop manager, Never short of hours

Cons

Office politics on staff rotas and holidays seem to be normal in every area I have worked in

Viewing 1 - 10 of 270 Reviews