BluePrint Research Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

3.9
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Continuing to Learn & Grow"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at BluePrint Research Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

BluePrint has been my place of employment for several years.

I usually reconsider my future career path at the end of each year. In doing so, I look back at my prior year and consider my learning and development. I can honestly say that post each year of my employment at BluePrint, I have learned and grown a great deal.

The reasons are primarily the opportunities being provided to work with and learn from a very smart and diverse group of people, to work on a wide variety of strategic engagement in partnership with clients, and to contribute to the many organization initiatives ongoing to sustain dynamic company growth.

No organization is perfect and BluePrint is no exception. We could improve on our interactions across teams. The company moved to a team-based structure to benefit employees. Many other consulting organizations have a consulting pool that senior leaders in the firm draw from upon winning an engagement. However, this leads to young professionals being stretched across several senior leaders, struggling to communicate and priorities, while also not having the continuity of a professional development manager overseeing work and progress during a very critical period in one’s early experience with the firm. The current team based structure allows for more continuity with team and professional development manager. The benefits here are multiple – working closely with a single senior leader in the short-term which allows for clear priorities, specific feedback, closer working relationships and client impact with clients, and ultimately better professional/personal balance. However, the benefits of this model can lead to more silos and less communication across teams, for which the company is working to address with selective cross-staffing.

All in all, I am very much enjoying my experience at BluePrint and look forward to additional future opportunities for professional growth and development.

Cons

Lack of full visibility into what is going on in other offices. The company is trying to improve this with monthly newsletters which provide a company update. This year has been a major change from previous years wherein I am seeing a lot more communication about the happenings in the company.

2. "It is a great company to start with in healthcare consulting"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at BluePrint Research Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am a senior associate and my experience to date has been extremely positive. I have enjoyed the mix of work and significant learning over my first 18 months. I work closely with a team of about six and I enjoy the continuity of working closely and learning from what is a close-knit group. It is very collaborative approach and all play a significant role in client engagements. We have close relationships with our clients and this offers opportunities to contribute beyond the objectives of the project. My professional development manager is the head of our group and is highly supportive in guiding and mentoring me. The company offers flexibility, so there are days when the office feels very quiet, but our team is still working and interacting closely on days we are not all in the office. There is significant opportunity to travel within the US for research and client meetings.

When I am not working with my team on various projects, there have opportunities to contribute to a growing company. For example, I had the great opportunity to support the day-in-the life presentation as part of our company’s recruiting efforts.

The company also has this interesting case workshop approach to recruiting which I think is unique. The approach provides attendees some key information as background, mock-research findings, wherein candidates work through developing client recommendations in teams.

The firm has also rolled out plans for training in 2018 which will involve opportunities to have a round table with other associates across the company on key topics of interest.

Lastly, I eagerly look forward to an upcoming opportunity to be staffed on one of the firm’s healthcare-focused pro-bono projects that are consistent with our mission to impact and improve global health and wellness.

Our new employee performance management (EPM) process is enhanced and allows for greater clarity and transparency as to what is expected and how I am performing against annual objectives. I am anticipating a promotion as we go through our next review process in summer.

Beyond the EPM process, the company is also making great strides in the way that it recognizes employees across the company, as I was excited to be mentioned in the company newsletter for my contributions to a highly successful and visible client engagement.

I am enjoying my experience at BluePrint and look forward to continued professional development.

Cons

You tend to work most/all of the time with the same group or team that you join. There has been some feedback to management that associates would appreciate more variety and opportunities to work outside of their immediate team.

3. "Great Place to Learn about Healthcare Market Research & Consulting"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at BluePrint Research Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The experience has met and in many ways even exceeded my expectations.

The talent within the company is very strong. The work they do is more strategic and consultative vs. marketing research companies. Their positioning of straddling between marketing research and marketing consulting is real, and clients communicate the same. Their focus is on informing launch strategy for new products, which is also a unique twist, but the work can at times also include in-line work.

I worked closely with several clients, but we had relationships with biotech firms that had us providing support far beyond design and execution of marketing research. We were interacting and impacting the broader commercial organizations, and even spending some time onsite, which provided a unique perspective and experience. We were often designing and leading workshops to further research learning and impact.

The dynamic within teams is strong and collaborative. When I was there, a more concentrated effort was being made to keep the offices connected. Each year I was with the firm they flew in the entire company in Dec for meetings and a spectacular holiday party and celebration.

Company-wide communication is not as frequent as many would prefer, but that was also improving over time with newsletters, office and company updates, etc.

Benefits and compensation are also a plus, inclusive of birthday off, 100% premium paid by the firm, reimbursement for monthly gym, etc.

Bonuses across the company were always at or above target.

I would recommend to those considering.

Cons

Culture is good, but offices are somewhat siloed by team. The company has a few smaller offices and company-wide connectivity is a challenge.

Advice to Management

I wish they had more staffing across teams so that we can all learn from each other even more though I saw the benefits of the team structure. I would have liked to work with a few more partners during my tenure

"Enjoying the Experience so far"

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at BluePrint Research Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been an associate at BluePrint for less than a year and so far so good.

In my time here, I have met some incredibly smart people. My team works collaboratively and we partner closely with our clients to answer questions typically pertaining to the launch of novel pharmaceutical products that will hopefully soon come to market.

My initial onboarding and training were quite helpful. My onboarding helped to outline basic expectations of the job, as well as helped me to understand how to tap into support within the company. The onboarding also allowed me to meet people across the company, and learn of their roles and responsibilities. The time these folks spent with me signaled their commitment to the company and their understanding of the critical importance of welcoming and onboarding new employees.

The training was also a helpful resource. There is a library of over 30 training modules which are specific to a wide ranging aspects of consulting. My training was customized to what would be needed during my first three months on the job. I had training every Friday afternoon for a few months, which was part self-directed, but was well supported by my team with exercises and Q&A.

The company communicates that it emphasizes culture, and although only six months, this certainly seems to be the case. Our benefits cover all employees’ gym membership. We get our birthday off. As per health benefits, there is an option that is cost free to the employee, which is perfect for me. In addition, I noticed there were so many internal ongoing initiatives going on. The most visible was the companies massive fall recruiting efforts, in which over half the company was involved across its five offices.

The year is coming to an end and the company paid to have employees from all locations in for a few days including an amazing holiday party at the very chic Perry Street in the west village of Manhattan. The company not only flew all in from locations in the US and EU, but then rented out this very trendy restaurant for the night. Prior to the party all the partners recognized the many contributions to the company’s great success during the year. It was likely a significant investment, but it made a statement and it was evident that all enjoyed and appreciated.

Cons

I am sure all will not be roses as I go forward, but so far most everything has met or exceeded my expectations.

"Very Positive Experience so far"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at BluePrint Research Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am a current senior associate and have been employed at BluePrint for more than one year. My experience so far has been very positive.

The company and my team was very welcoming. My onboarding was comprehensive and helpful in my getting up to speed over the first few months. I had clear 90 day objectives that transition to annual objectives after my first few months.

The work is challenging and fast paced. We are most often working on new products yet to launch in the pharma space. Relationships with clients seem different than what I have heard at other firms. The clients we work with are longer term engagements, offering us the opportunity to have closer and more frequent interactions, and being seen as true partners by our clients.

The culture is positive and collaborative. There is a full calendar of cultural events that are planned by those who volunteer to participate. I was also recently involved in a broad on-campus recruiting effort, as the company is still growing and building out the organization with top talent. Probably half the company was involved in some way in contributing to these recruitment efforts (fairs, screening, in-person interviews, etc.). We were on-campus at Berkeley talking to undergrads, masters, PhD students. We even conducted some case workshops on-campus to engage those interested from various programs and consulting clubs. It is nice to have this opportunity to help shape the organization and influence who I will be working with in the future.

The compensation is strong and there is a feeling across my peers that the company rewards strong performance. Benefits are also good, with a $0 premium option, birthdays off, and the company providing reimbursement for monthly gym memberships. I look forward to my continued growth at BluePrint.

Cons

Given we have two medium sized offices in NYC and San Francisco, we don't get to work across offices as much. All my projects in San Francisco have been with the partner in the SF office only and so i don't get to work with other partners as much though I know all of them given the companywide holiday party which is a really fun event. I am really looking forward to spending a day or two in the NYC office.

Advice to Management

I know it is difficult but can we consider more opportunities to work across offices. I know some of us are getting these opportunities.

"I had a good time here!"

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I worked at BluePrint Research Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was a consultant at BluePrint and spent two years with the company.

It was a very good first professional experience after completing my PhD. The work was challenging and strategic, typically focused on new products in clinical development.

The people were great. The culture was welcoming and collaborative. There were a good deal of fun cultural events that allowed employees to socialize and get to know one another.

For consulting, the hours were reasonable. The company staffed to 50 hours a week, and this was typical in most weeks. I enjoyed working within my team very much.

My team lead was smart, hardworking, and considerate. She really helped my early experience by being clear about my objectives and timelines, which helped the work to be predictable and minimize disruption to personal time.

Associates don't move around too much and stay within a single team of about 6-8 most of the time. This has its pros and cons in my opinion. It does help to focus one's objectives within a single senior person and team.

Overall, no company is perfect, but this was a very good first professional experience and I would recommend the company.

Cons

It would have been helpful to have more communication from the lead of the NYC office about the happenings of the company

"BluePrint is a great place to work!"

I have been working at BluePrint Research Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at BluePrint Research Group for over two years. As with many other company reviews on this site, the posts can be a bit skewed toward people who leave or are even times asked to leave for performance related reasons.

It is unfortunate but the reviews can sometimes then be one-sided and an attempt to disparage the company. Most who work within the company don’t read or post reviews, leaving the picture one sided and not reflective of reality, and certainly not balanced. I think most who read are aware when they are reading something that is clearly one-sided and venomous.

I am using this opportunity to provide something more balanced. Although no place is perfect, and young professionals can lack broader perspective earlier in their career, BluePrint is a great place to work. The people are smart, the work is strategic and impactful, and the culture is positive.

The company is growing and has been over its eight years, the hours are more controlled and predictable than they once were, and there is an opportunity to have an impact beyond project work through company building initiatives.

Cons

Some of the leadership team are not as outgoing and don’t reach out to other teams as much as one might hope, but they are open, fair, and do care about the company’s employees.

"Merit Based Environment! Engaging Work in Pharma Strategy!"

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I worked at BluePrint Research Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I joined BluePrint as an associate and spent a couple of years before leaving as a consultant. My reason for leaving was not specific to the firm, but rather the desire to pursue opportunities outside of consulting.

To me, this forum should be designed to provide others with a perspective should they wish to pursue a similar opportunity and experience. In short, looking back at my experience I would have made the same decision to join BluePrint.

BluePrint Research Group is a company that has been uniquely successful over its first 9 years. It is a fast moving environment with smart people and interesting strategic work focused on commercialization strategy in pharma. I learned a ton and felt the environment was merit based. That said, not all achieved consistent with expectations, which I believe contributes some to posts that read to me as obviously one-sided and not at all consistent with my experience.

Cons

As with all other companies, BluePrint Research has had its share of growing pains. For example, there was a stretch where hours were more consistently high and not that many Associates in the company.

However, what is not similar to all companies is that the company actively listens and seeks to improve. Significant recent hiring efforts and investment were a clear sign that the company values its people and wants to create more balance.

Advice to Management

It is a real shame that this forum is often abused and utilized for the purpose of spreading one-sided viewpoints that don’t reflect reality, versus more balanced perspectives that serve as more useful to the audience reviewing.

May suggest spending additional time with prospective candidates interested in the company and continue to provide a fully transparent picture of what BluePrint offers.

"Really Enjoying My Experience!!"

I have been working at BluePrint Research Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am consultant and have worked at BluePrint almost three years.

I have really enjoyed the experience. I have had the opportunity to work on research that informs strategy for new products in the pharma space. I work with really smart and talented people and the team is very collaborative.

The clients can be difficult and timelines demanding, but the entire team is supportive and helps each other as needed.

The NYC office can be on the quiet side on a given day, partially because the office just doubled in size to accommodate the company’s rapid growth, and we are still growing and adapting to the new space.

I feel rewarded and recognized by the company, including a write-up highlighting my contribution in the company newsletter.

Cons

None that I can think of!

"Excellent Place to Learn and Grow!"

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at BluePrint Research Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am an Associate and have worked at BluePrint for more than one year.

The experience has been incredibly positive, the work interesting, challenging and the team very supportive. The company is seeing incredible growth and the best part is that it allows the employees to have a hand in shaping culture, investing in events that encourage fun and bring the team closer together as new additions join us.

For me personally, the key reason to join was their singular focus in healthcare and they have delivered! I feel proud of the fact that I get to play a role in shaping the future of some of the most innovative medicines that can truly change people's lives.

Another interesting unique aspect is the company's commitment to giving back to the community with pro-bono initiatives. I have volunteered my name to work on these and hope to get this opportunity soon!

Cons

As I expected when I joined a fast growing consulting company means the work can be demanding, but most weeks result in staffing of 50 hours or less. I am told that the company made a very conscious push to limit the work hours and push for a work life balance which I definitely feel I have realized. My team lead is respectful of my time and balance, as well as appreciate of the work that I do.

Advice to Management

The HR lead is amazing! She is a real asset to the company as she has actually walked in the consulting team's shoes and knows what we go through as new Associates. See if you can replicate her as you continue to grow!