BrightTALK Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

BrightTALK Reviews

Updated Sep 4, 2019

4.0
BrightTALK CEO Paul Heald (no image)
Paul Heald
Pros
  • "Smart and diverse coworkers create a stimulating work environment(in 7 reviews)

• "BrightTALK is a great place to work for people who are ambitious and driven(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 3 reviews)

• "No alignment between the US and UK teams, or even among teams in the same office(in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company and product, with even better people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BrightTALK full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone here is intelligent and believes in collaborating to make an impact. The culture and values are great, and everyone really adheres to them. There has been focus directed toward creating more transparency around development/growth potential, which is fantastic.

Cons

Haven't really seen any "Cons". We don't get free lunch? (but we get plenty of healthy snacks and have a free gym in the building)

Advice to Management

We are at an important juncture in time for the company, so as products/services mature and change, so do teams and expectations of people. It will be important for Leadership to maintain awareness around individuals or teams being stretched thin. It happens with any growing organization, or as companies mature, so we must make sure we do what we can to maintain a high level of productivity and employee... engagement/happiness.

BrightTALK2019-04-26

May 15, 2019Vice President, People Operations

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with the company! We really appreciate your perspective and are excited to hear that our culture reinforces our values. For company values to be impactful, the entire business has to believe in them - and we are really proud of them! Thank you for making a positive impact! Please reach out to a member of the People Operations team if you need anything or want to share more.

2. "BrightTALK quite simply put is an incredible place!"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in London, England

I worked at BrightTALK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

What a fantastic company! The people at BrightTALK are ALL incredible. I was fortunate to see BrightTALK grow and develop and what remained the same was the alignment to the mission and values. The London office boasts a hungry commercial team who continue to strive for success. It’s competitive yet so supportive - sometimes this is actually pretty weird (in a good way). Being in a environment that supports... collaboration is so important and for this very reason is why there are so many successful sellers (and aspiring SDRs). Hoopla is also a great way to share success. I enjoyed two president clubs and countless benefits and perks. I also want to highlight the social side. The FunTeam do a seriously impressive job and at least once a month you can expect to find yourself engaging with peers outside of the office. Fully stocked kitchen, “beer trolley” and pool table; all, the must haves right?! All in all, BrightTALK quite simply put is an incredible place!

Cons

During the last six months BrightTALK have done a great job regarding global alignment. Typical US and UK time zones restraints meant that Global Enablements were challenging and sometimes hard to engage with. However, this has now been addressed and meetings are far more focused and engaging. Great job. It means that new voices are being heard and this helps personal development. One thing which comes with any... fast growing company is the workload. As teams change, I personally found myself taking on a lot of work outside my typical remit which I didn’t mind per say, but overtime it became somewhat draining. This happens anywhere mind but as growth continues it’s important to identify and flag.

Advice to Management

BrightTALK is destined for big time success and every single member of BrightTALK contributes tremendously. As growth continues to scale it is important to not loose focus of how you got there. The values are imperative to BrightTALKS’s DNA and I wish you all the best. Sometimes just take a step back and appreciate your superstars! Also kudos to the UK sales leaders and the transformation over the last 24 months.... Your hard work is noted by everyone and the environment you have built and continue to grow!

BrightTALK2019-08-21
  3. "Good People - Growing Fast"

Former Employee - Creative Account Manager in London, England

I worked at BrightTALK full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people who work at BrightTALK long term are simply excellent human beings. It's got a good set of values set out when you first join, and for the most part everyone is helping to ensure these values come to the surface during everyday business in a lighthearted and self assuring manner. There's a good family vibe in London, and generally people there are a pleasure to work with. Just the right amount of... professional, and friendly, with a dash of silly at times in the creative ranks, as well as a good level of playful ribbing in the sales ranks.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that the US business and UK business have different levels of enthusiasm sarcasm and work ethic. This leaves a disjointed experience within global meetings. What I mean is that I think that the US work place is one of rivalry and competition for top spots, whereas in the UK it would be considered uncouth to jostle for positions of power. For that reason it seems like a strongly US lead... company, despite it's British origins. So for those looking for a traditional British business, this isn't it. It's an SF tech firm which also operates in EMEA via London. Perhaps for this reason, some parts of the British team seem checked out of the overall mission, and use sarcasm and self deprecation to cope. This is at a very low level, but it's there if you really have to search for a con.

Advice to Management

UX and inbound website are where the most work is needed. Obviously the core business proposition is a strong one, and the company is pretty well managed from my limited perspective.

BrightTALK2019-07-07
  4. "Exciting and great place to work"

Current Employee - Director, Customer Success in London, England

I have been working at BrightTALK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The best parts of BrightTALK are it's culture and values, it's pursuit of excellence and the talented and hardworking teams. Everyone works incredibly hard but with that is a real celebration of achievement along the way and we have great fun together. As a working parent the flexible working place affords me a fantastic work/life balance which means I can enjoy both my career and my family.

Cons

We're in a position at the moment where we're enjoying spectacular growth which is exciting to be a part of, but means that we are having to work very hard to keep up as we get more and more clients along with new products and services being taken to market.

Advice to Management

Some people can be overwhelmed by the fast paced and agile environment - keep up with the enablement and open communications to make sure everyone is best equipped to do their job.

BrightTALK2019-06-26

"Great place to work, exciting product and innovation"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at BrightTALK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture is amazing, some of my colleagues are now my true friends. A real culture of high performance flows through everything the company does. Most of the sales team are hitting their number and earning well. Clients are great to work with and they see real value and therefore accounts can grow quite quickly

Cons

The company is growing fast so expect your number to go up a lot. Good news is that the comp goes up as well

Advice to Management

Expand the business in APAC quicker, there is a load of opportunity you are not taking down. Establish more offices outside of the UK/US

BrightTALK2019-06-18

"Great bunch of talent"

I worked at BrightTALK full-time

Pros

The people and working with great clients.

Cons

There were no cons for me

BrightTALK2019-01-11

February 5, 2019Vice President, People Operations

Thank you for sharing a highlight during your experience with us! We are very proud of our culture and believe it is a core asset to our business. Feel free to contact us directly at peoplefeedback@brighttalk.com if there is anything additional you'd like to share. Best of luck in your career!

7. "Great company, too few women at the time, not enough focus on growth"

I worked at BrightTALK full-time

Pros

Great company, great people, great learning environment

Cons

Too many charlatans, too few women at the top, not enough focus on growth

Advice to Management

Hire more women,

BrightTALK2018-09-25

October 8, 2018Vice President, People Operations

Thank you for sharing with us. We are committed to hiring great talent and growing our people to propel the business forward. We recognize high performance and are always evolving to maintain a strong, positive, and vibrant company culture. If you'd like to contact us directly, please send a note to peoplefeedback@brighttalk.com. Best of luck in your career endeavors!

8. "Nice Bunch of people"

Former Employee - QA Automation Engineer in London, England

I worked at BrightTALK full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice Bunch of talented people.

Cons

Very much development driven company

BrightTALK2018-05-04

May 4, 2018Vice President, People Operations

Thanks for sharing your experience while you worked for us! Our people make our culture truly special. Feel free to contact us directly at peoplefeedback@brighttalk.com. Best of luck in your career!

"Hungry for success - look no further"

I have been working at BrightTALK full-time

Pros

Excellent values and office culture

Cons

Fast growth can mean lots of new faces and this means constant change

Advice to Management

More positive energy on the floor would be good

BrightTALK2018-02-02

April 27, 2018Vice President, People Operations

Thank you for the review and note taken about energy on the floor. Good advice. If you’d like to share more, please email us at peoplefeedback@brighttalk.com.

10. "A great place to start your career, then move on"

I worked at BrightTALK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you are ambitious, resourceful and willing to take initiative, you will find many opportunities to take ownership and shine at BrightTALK, even as a relatively junior hire. You will be able to shape your role and try out different things until you find what fits. If you prove yourself and leadership likes you (especially the CEO), you will have many opportunities to advance. There's a clear favoritism aspect but... generally hardworking and thoughtful employees are seen favorably. Promotions and raises are very closely tied to performance and internal reputation, which is a good learning experience for a junior. The best testament to the fact that BT is an excellent launch-pad is that quite a few former employees move on to tier one companies and do very well. The work environment is decent, no special perks per se, but normal hours and flexibility to take a long lunch, go to the gym, maintain a work-life balance, whatever that means to you.

Cons

In my experience the negatives were very team-dependent. There were some very high-quality people among the original management team, whom I respected and learned from, but they were few and you had to be lucky to report to or work with them. During my time the company struggled to hire good new senior leaders and went through multiple cycles of hiring-and-firing of destructive managers. I think one of the problems... was lack of diversity, the entire management team represented one demographic when I worked there. Middle management and new hires were a lot more diverse but the change was striking at the top. A lot of really good people didn't stick around past 1.5-2 years because of avg/lower-than-avg salaries, internal politics and the mentioned destructive leaders.

Advice to Management

Get better at keeping great talent. Hire more diverse leaders and invest in growing managers so that juniors feel inspired and excited to grow. Trust and empower good people to do a good job. Cut expensive executives/long-term employees who contribute comparatively little and invest the money saved in competitive salaries for the top performers further down so shinier tech companies don't steal your best employees.... Invest in modern technology.

BrightTALK2018-02-15

April 27, 2018Vice President, People Operations

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We are implementing several initiatives that address competitive compensation, training and career advancement, and talent retention. If you’d like to discuss this further, then please feel free to contact us directly at peoplefeedback@brighttalk.com. Best of luck in your future aspirations.

Found 61 reviews