Bupa Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.8
Bupa CEO Evelyn Bourke
Evelyn Bourke
Pros
Cons
  • "Poor management in Miami they should a more diversified group of employees ,a high % of employees or managers are from Havana Cuba(in 22 reviews)

• "very long hours, poor work life balance(in 18 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Why you should apply to work at Bupa"

Current Employee - People Operations in Salford, North West England, England

I have been working at Bupa full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Innovative Passionate Customer Focused Employee support and benefits Ability to grow and develop Excellent working conditions and facilities Fantastic transport links - Salford Quays These are just a few of the pros, but I would like to add that it's a bit like working for a small family firm, even though its obviously a Global Healthcare Provider. The management really take an interest in you as a person, your... wellbeing and take the time to get to know all about YOU. It's quite remarkable really when you consider the size of the business.

Cons

I Can't think of any

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. Your commitment to adapt in this ever changing world ensure that Bupa is an exciting place to work. You are passionate about the service we give to our customers and you look after your staff remarkably well. Bupa is part of my extended family and I cannot imagine ever working anywhere else. Trust me I know, I left several years ago to try something new and couldn't wait to come back.... Thank you Bupa you have been part of my life for 25 years and I can't imagine it without you.

Bupa2019-08-02

August 5, 2019

Wow 25 years... that's wonderful to hear, and it's fantastic to read your 5* review! I absolutely agree with all your comments, the passion Bupa has for customers and staff is incredible and it is like an extended family. Thank you for being part of Bupa's life and for all you do, and for taking the time to share your feedback it is very much appreciated.

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Director in Manchester, England

I have been working at Bupa full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fantastic inclusive environment. Great culture and great values

Cons

Nothing to add for this

October 16, 2019

Lovely to read you 5* review and I couldn't agree more with your comments, Bupa is a great company to work for! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, I really appreciate it.

"I came back"

Current Employee - Home Manager in Newbury, England

I have been working at Bupa full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company to work for, I left as I moved away, but very pleased to be back.

Cons

None yet, enjoying being back

October 17, 2019

Welcome back! It's great to have you and thanks for your 5* review.

"A super business with great people that is modernising, slowly"

Former Employee - Manager in Manchester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Bupa full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are mostly kind, supportive and helpful and the internal mobility must be one of the best in the country. The benefits are excellent as is the work/life flexibility

Cons

Senior management has an unusually high population of (effectively tenured) long servers with some rather outdated attitudes - this is changing slowly and new blood in HR is making a difference. There is a bit of a blame culture though which undermines the emphasis on collaboration when things go wrong.

Advice to Management

You are rightfully proud of the great things Bupa does and have played a key part in making it a trusted and respected brand, but do try to look beyond personal cliques and networks to do the right thing, not just a defendable one should plans not come to fruition.

October 17, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and recognising the great people and work/life flexibility that we have. I'll be sure to pass on your thoughts. Very best wishes for the future.

5. "Great people but little opportunities"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Bupa full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible working. Good colleagues. Pay is good.

Cons

Little opportunity for promotion. Hard work isn't always recognised.

Bupa2019-09-30

October 1, 2019

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave your review, thank you. I agree Bupa does have flexible working, great people and good pay, and I'm sorry you didn't experience promotion opportunities within Bupa as we are passionate about career opportunities for our people. I wish you every success in the future.

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Leeds, England

I have been working at Bupa full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible working Good support from managers Excellent pay and benefits

Cons

Not enough parking for everyone - managers could resolve this with home-working

Bupa2019-09-29

September 30, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your review I really appreciate it, and I absolutely agree Bupa is a great place to work! I will share your feedback with the team, and thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

7. "Excellent company to work"

Current Employee - Business Services Manager in London, England

I have been working at Bupa full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Bupa is a big family and everyone works towards same goals. Our customers are the reason we exist and operate. We want to be number one for customers, delivering high quality, value for money products and services that help our customers achieve the best health outcomes and live healthier, happier and longer lives.

Cons

Nothing really much to say here

Advice to Management

Management is very important and vital key for our business, companies should always dedicate full guidance, resources to fulfilling a qualified and dedicated management team within each department.

Bupa2019-09-25

September 25, 2019

It's wonderful to read your 5* review, thank you for sharing! And I couldn't agree with you more, Bupa is an excellent company to work for and is a big family where everyone works towards the same goals. Thanks again for your feedback, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts!

8. "Fantastic company"

Former Employee - Healthcare Consultant in Salford, North West England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Bupa part-time for less than a year

Pros

Look after their staff well and innovative with their products

Cons

onsite facilities not very advanced

Bupa2019-09-12

September 13, 2019

Thanks for your five star review. It's great to hear that you felt looked after whilst you were with us. Very best wishes for the future.

9. "Passionate, caring and exciting."

Current Employee - Human Resources Delivery Partner in Bristol, England

I have been working at Bupa full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Development and opportunity are high on the agenda. All the perks of working for a large organisation whilst maintaining the attributes that you may find in a smaller setting. People are at the heart of the business and this is evident in all areas.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say. I feel extremely lucky to be part of Bupa in the Dental sector.

Bupa2019-09-05

September 6, 2019

Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review I really do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. And I couldn't agree more with your comments, especially the title of your review! Thank you for all you do for our people and customers, and I'll be sure to share your review with the Dental team!

10. "Getting better"

Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Manchester, England

I have been working at Bupa full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company health insurance Flexible hours Remote working Strong leadership team

Cons

Poor management in some areas Bullying not dealt with well Lack of female representation in leadership team

Bupa2019-09-17

September 17, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It's great to hear that you are enjoying a flexible approach to your work and have a strong leadership team. I'm really sad to read your comment regarding bullying as it does not reflect our culture or behaviours. We take all feedback very seriously, and I would encourage you to provide more detailed feedback anonymously on Bupa’s “Speak Up” website www.bupa.com/speakup.

Found 307 reviews