Bupa Reviews

3.8
Bupa CEO Carlos Jaureguizar
Carlos Jaureguizar
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review
    COVID-19

"Purpose led organisation with customers at the heart of decision making"

Current Employee - Risk Management in London, England, England

I have been working at Bupa full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Customer centric organisation, genuinely trying to do the right thing for customers. Whilst its an insurance product, they are really trying to help people get the best care. Really do care about their people, and driving an inclusive agenda.

Cons

Sometimes it doesn’t feel as though there is a plan with everyone contributing on anything that personally matters to them. This was different during Covid

September 2, 2020

Thanks for taking the time to share your positive feedback and recognising that we do care about our people and our customers. We wish you all the best in your current role.

2. "Amazing work"

Current Employee - Dentist in Bristol, England, England

I have been working at Bupa full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great supporting staff Good teamwork Trust Ability to learn more

Cons

None so far Salary a bit lowee

April 8, 2021

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, it's always lovely to hear how our colleagues feel supported by their team! We'd like to thank you for your contribution so far and wish you all the best for your continued career with us!

3. "Understaffed and unsafe"

1.0
    Former Employee - Healthcare Assistant in Wolverhampton, England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Bupa full-time for more than a year

Pros

Given Rotas with lots of notice, access to Wagestream app to receive part of wages before payday if needed, free hot meal on 12 hour shift, opportunity to take extra shifts ( although overtime pay was stopped in my particular home so were payed at standard rate.

Cons

Majorly understaffed which led to unsafe practice, carers having favourite residents and prioritising their care needs over others leading to some residents receiving less than satisfactory care, incident forms being “lost” or ignored on multiple occasions, carers being put on the floor without having completed any manual handling or safe moving training, on night shift only having one nurse for the whole building with 2 carers - for the nurse to be uncontactable and sleeping in the nurses station!, no management response to MANY serious concerns being raised, frequent changes in management, incorrect pay, poor training.

Continue reading
  4. "Clinical meets commercial"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

I have been working at Bupa full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Supportive workmates; good pay and benefits (for central office roles at least); flexible working; lots of learning and development opportunities and chances for career progression; people are really passionate about providing great healthcare services.

Cons

Hugely complex organisational structure, which means it can be hard to orientate yourself even after a few years. Constant ‘change and transformation’ which can make it hard to feel settled. As with any big organisation, things can feel disjointed between teams. If you’re more healthcare minded than commercial minded, getting on board with the more sales-driven aspects of the business can feel difficult.

April 29, 2021

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're all driven by our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier happier lives and making a better world so it's great to see that our passion for providing great healthcare services is shared across your team. We wish you all the best for your continued career at Bupa!

5. "Fantastic Company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Bupa full-time

Pros

So supportive of all of their staff, Very knowledgeable and they will always push you to take control of your own development

Cons

The company is so vast across the world that it can be difficult to communicate with all areas of the business

May 4, 2021

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, it's always great to read such positive comments! We wish you all the best for your continued career with us!

"Disappointed"

2.0
    Current Employee - Carer in Lehi, UT
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Bupa full-time

Pros

Overtime available Lovely residents Clean building No more to say No more to say

Cons

No support from managers First come, first serve to hot meals (only 4 people allowed out of 9 staff) Supposed to be a carer, but doing all the other job titles in the building No appreciation No help for the team when high number of residents No understanding to sickness or family emergency’s Made to feel guilty of calling to or finishing early because of health NEVER any care or sympathy or interest in your own health by managers, they will never ask if your okay when knowing your struggling to do everything on the floor Attitude towards staff Cover your own shift if you want it off otherwise you won’t get it The list could go on!

April 19, 2021

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear your experience of working at one of our care homes isn't positive. We take all feedback seriously and would encourage you to use our confidential Speak Up Service for any issues that you don't feel comfortable raising to your manager so any issues can be thoroughly investigated. You'll find the details here: secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/102918/index.html

7. "Best company ever"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brighton, England, England

I have been working at Bupa full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Felexible, compassionate, really put the people at the heart of the business

Cons

There isnt any to be honest

May 4, 2021

8. "Great company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Member Services Advisor in Salford, North West England, England, England

I have been working at Bupa full-time

Pros

Supportive management, fair pay good pension scheme

Cons

Stressful, tough targets, not a lot of time for admin

April 30, 2021

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we wish you all the best for your continued career at Bupa!

9. "Working at Bupa as an analyst"

Former Employee - Analyst in Manchester, England, England

I worked at Bupa full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and extremly good work life balance

Cons

Too much bureaucracy when it comes to the IT infrastructure.

April 27, 2021

Thanks for your review and your comments, we're really proud of our people focussed environment and flexible culture so we're glad to see you felt the same. We wish you all the best for the future!

10. COVID-19

"perks"

Current Employee - Lead Dental Nurse in Poole, England, England

I have been working at Bupa full-time

Pros

great progression with courses etc

Cons

pay could be improved especially the hard work that goes on since covid.

April 27, 2021

Thanks for your review, we wish you all the best for your continued career at Bupa!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 792 Reviews