Cafe Rouge Reviews

Found 101 of over 105 reviews

3.3
Cafe Rouge Director Greg Gibbons
Greg Gibbons
Pros
  • "Good tips, nice people, somewhat flexible(in 9 reviews)

• "Good team, nice environment to work in(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Same as all hospitality - long hours(in 10 reviews)

• "Bad food (staff food and overall), minimum wage, most of the kitchen staff doesn't speak/understand English so difficult to communicate(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Rouge life

Jun 3, 2021 - Waitress in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Development options Apprenticeship option in any level Good team

Cons

Long hours Weekly rota. That should be given more time in advance to be able to plan your days.

Cafe Rouge Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a Glassdoor review! It's great to hear that you really feel part of the Rouge family. Thank you again and we're really glad you're enjoying your time with us!

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Convenient

Jun 28, 2021 - Waitress in Maidstone, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Shifts are convenient if you have other commitments and the tips can be good.

Cons

Sometimes staffing levels are too low because of the ratio of takings/staff.

Continue reading

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a Glassdoor review! It's great to hear that you really feel part of the Rouge family. Thank you again and we're really glad you enjoyed your time with us!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Classy brand, going the right direction

May 24, 2021 - L&D Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent internal and external development opportunities, options of cross-training to develop your career in many ways.

Cons

It would be lovely to see more of them

Continue reading

4. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

There are far nicer jobs in hospitality

Jul 6, 2021 - FOH
      Business Outlook

Pros

free meal on shift, fellow staff are nice people

Cons

managers are not nice people, erratic shift patterns, nmw has not risen with the costs of living

Recruitment Manager

We are really sorry to hear your views on Café Rouge. As a company we pride ourselves on the fantastic company culture and environment that has been created over the years. We would really like to discuss your feedback with you further. To do so please contact us at recruitment@bigtablegroup.com to arrange a suitable time.

5. 1.0

Bad staff treatment

Jun 13, 2021 - Sous Chef
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food and discoubt card

Cons

Long hours for poor wage

6. 1.0

rubbish

May 28, 2021 - Waiter/Bartender
      Business Outlook

Pros

The only good thing about working there was some of the people

Cons

mostly cons when working there

Cafe Rouge Response

We are really sorry to hear your views on Café Rouge. As a company, we pride ourselves on the fantastic company culture and environment created over the years. We would really like to discuss your feedback with you further. To do so, please contact us at recruitment@bigtablegroup.com to arrange a suitable time.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Pretends to care about employees

Apr 3, 2021 - General Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good food whilst working, good teams

Cons

Long hours no overtime, cancelled holidays, constantly changing goals so unable to achieve bonus, huge difference in salaries, lots of people initiatives at HQ that are not borne through to the actual restaurants

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ok

Apr 21, 2021 - Manager in Reading, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing special, all same like others

Cons

Underpaying salary, long hours no social life

9. 3.0

Busy job

Apr 14, 2021 - Door Host in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pay rate was ok for my age

Cons

No room for development or responsibility

10. 4.0

Positive

Jan 25, 2021 - Waitress
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Nice team and you got to keep your own tips

Cons

- Long hours, especially over holiday periods

Viewing 1 - 10 of 101 Reviews