CarTrawler Reviews

Updated 26 May 2020

3.1
CarTrawler CEO Cormac Barry
Cormac Barry
Pros
  • "The work needs to be done and it is fast paced but the balance of hard work and social interaction makes this much easier(in 22 reviews)

• "There's a great social scene with very active sports and social(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lack of structure as senior management level which was emphasized as the company grew(in 7 reviews)

• "This is also a part of their planned move to Asia whereas the Philippines can use this tool to communicate in all languages(in 7 reviews)

"Customer Service Representative"

I worked at CarTrawler part-time

Pros

Great people and lovely culture. Really young and fun place to work plus the pay is very good for customer service. Would definitely recommend to anyone who needs flexible hours such as students, or people who are the main child minder in the house.

Cons

Having calls build up can be stressful. shifts are at two times in the day. 8am-5pm and 11am-8pm which can suit some people better than others.

CarTrawler2016-07-15

CarTrawler Response

July 18, 2016HR People Partner

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear that working in the CCE worked for you. We fully take on board your advice to management. This is something we will be looking into once we get over the busy summer period and start planning for next year. In CarTrawler, we always look to improve how we do things and this is something we hope to do better!

"Data scientist"

2.0

I worked at CarTrawler part-time

Pros

Difficult to tell just with an internship

Cons

Working in cartrawler at London is not ideal since the headquarters are in Dublin.

CarTrawler2019-01-23
  3. "Nice place, nice people"

Former Employee - Partner Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at CarTrawler full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Everyone at Cartrawler is very nice, knowledgeable and wants to get things done the right way.

Cons

Salaries are lower than market

CarTrawler2020-05-26
  4. "Operations Dept"

I have been working at CarTrawler full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good perks Fun and relaxed atmosphere Work/life balance Hard working & helpful people Competitive salary Transparent culture

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

CarTrawler2020-05-12
  5. "Amazing people!"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at CarTrawler full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The people at Cartrawler are truly amazing. It feels like one huge family! - Very approachable, transparent and open C-level. - Very knowledgeable and supportive escalation team. - Great incentive competitions across the floor with great prizes and lots of fun! - Very friendly, collaborative and welcoming atmosphere.

Cons

- Because of the type of support provided, weekends and bank holiday work required (known well in advance).

CarTrawler2020-05-13
  6. "A great place to work"

I worked at CarTrawler full-time

Pros

Fun place to work with great company atmosphere. Good work/life balance Pension and health insurance benefits

Cons

Location is awkward to get to

CarTrawler2020-05-11
  7. "Really nice place to work"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator

I worked at CarTrawler full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people and the general atmosphere are absolutely great. Had a lot of fun working in Cartrawler. Somewhat flexible with working hours and work from home. Great work-life balance.

Cons

It was hard to be heard from management and even raise possible workflow or technical improvements. Repetitive and time consuming tasks were piling up. Lack of focus in automation and fencing access to tooling lead to requiring constant human communication for daily tasks, which was boring and frustrating at times. Felt like the salary was lower than average and my request to discuss my yearly salary increase got shot down (This was happening in the past but new management seemed to have put an end to)

CarTrawler2020-05-05
  8. "Customer Care Executive"

1.0

I worked at CarTrawler

Pros

The team bonding, support of the team ,

Cons

Management style, organisation structure, information shared, no bonus, no commission, lack of recognition. Pressure.

CarTrawler2020-03-13
  9. "Nice Company to work for"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Dundrum, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at CarTrawler full-time for less than a year

Pros

Duvet days, great organisation and scheduling, nice people, great team, subsidised lunches

Cons

Don't really have much bad to say apart from the work being monotonous. Difficult commute as well as Dundrum is an awkward spot to get to.

CarTrawler2019-12-13

"Contact center"

2.0
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at CarTrawler full-time

Pros

The people are really nice, friendly and helpful. Average Working conditions for a call center. Activities and training session to support you.

Cons

The job is hard to deal with angry customers and too many complains. No carrier opportunity. The high level of management of the company is committed but low level of management got lazy, maybe too long in the position. The team managers should get some training as well.

CarTrawler2019-12-15