Catalogic Software Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Flavio Santoni

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Catastrophic Software"

I worked at Catalogic Software full-time

Pros

A few good people still there

Cons

A total train wreck...senior management replaced, moral rock bottom. No leadership, no communication.

2. "Software Engineer"

I have been working at Catalogic Software part-time

Pros

Flexibility is the biggest advantage

Cons

deep in jersey, far from city

3. "Great place to show your skills"

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Woodcliff Lake, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Woodcliff Lake, NJ (US)

I have been working at Catalogic Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working in very small teams exposes you a significant chunk of the feature you are working on. Innovative ideas to better and improve the product will always be heard. Every votes counts in a discussion. Prove your worth and you will get several opportunities. Friendly work environment, flexible timings. Choose projects you want to work on(sometimes you might be expected to work on a project that you did not choose).

Cons

There are no cons that I can think. Unless you have been in this business, the learning curve will be steep and how fast you can learn and contribute will determine the opportunities you get.

Advice to Management

Continue the great work.

"I like it very much"

I have been working at Catalogic Software full-time

Pros

Working at Catalogic is a best of both worlds scenario. We work alongside some of the biggest players in the IT industry while maintaining a close-knit culture. This keeps us small, agile and innovative but opens us up to opportunities typically only afforded to much larger companies. Having worked for both very large and very small companies during my career, Catalogic strikes a nice balance.

We also have a culture that rewards you for pushing yourself . Most roles allow and encourage you to try new things outside of your area of expertise. This is great for career and personal growth. It's been a challenging and rewarding experience working here.

Salary and benefits are competitive.

Cons

No big cons that I can think of. Many roles may not be a good fit for those who are less technically inclined. You're also sometimes asked to wear many hats, which some may also view as a con.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Company review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

I have been working at Catalogic Software full-time

Pros

A lot of different technology that you can be exposed to and learn. The people I work with are helpful and a great group of individuals. The company keeps growing and that gives you an opportunity to move up if you work hard.

Cons

Nothing too bad but you may have to put in the extra hours to keep up to speed with all the new products and technology. It’s difficult to do your daily job and stay updated on everything going on.
    Some other small items: lack of 401k matching and gym reimbursement

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!! Keep growing and allowing more opportunities for advancement.

6. "Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amstelveen (Netherlands)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amstelveen (Netherlands)

Pros

Small company with direct lines.

Cons

Due to small size of company not a lot of opportunities to grow in another role.

7. "Great Product and Management Team"

Former Employee - Western Sales and Operations in San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Western Sales and Operations in San Jose, CA (US)

Pros

Ken Barth is the key investor. He has tremendous vision. The former CEO Ed Walsh was the key to the company's success by hiring the right leadership team and pushing development to move faster to market.

Cons

Ed Walsh left the company for an Executive position at IBM. I think time to market of certain features and functionality needs to be faster.

8. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Catalogic Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Been at Catalogic for about 3 years now. Started as an Inside Rep/BDR Team Lead and got promoted to AE in just over a year. The CDM market is really starting to take off and Catalogic is poised for lots of growth up and to the right, so no shortage of opportunity here whether you're sales, engineering or development. Now that IBM, Pure, EMC and other leaders in the space have validated this $55 Billion dollar CDM market, the future is looking bright for Catalogic!

Cons

Some executive turnover in my first year or two, but now I firmly believe we have the right team in place to make this place something special.

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum going!

9. "Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Channel Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Channel Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Catalogic Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Catalogic for two years now. I started as an Inside Sales Rep in March 2015 and within 16 months moved into a Channel Account Manager position for Western North America. With the promotion to Channel Sales, Catalogic then moved me to Southern California from Boston to live and work within my territory.

Catalogic has given me every opportunity in the world to succeed and grow as a professional. We have a great product, with amazing people in an emerging market and the sky truly is the limit for everyone in the organization.

Cons

No cons - I love where I work

Advice to Management

Continue what you have been doing

10. "Good interaction among colleagues."

I worked at Catalogic Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Each employee has a good number of vacation days. The medical insurance is good. The overall working environment is good.

Cons

The executive management focus on newer product a lot more than the legacy product. This reflects on handling team members and release quality.

Advice to Management

While most cash flow comes from legacy product, the legacy product probably should be better maintained to keep exist customers from leaving.