Chapman Freeborn Reviews

Updated 9 Mar 2021

4.7
Chapman Freeborn CEO Eric Erbacher
Eric Erbacher
Pros
  • "I've been working at Chapman Freeborn for just over two months and i can honestly say that i couldn't have asked for a better place to work(in 9 reviews)

• "Chapman makes sure their employees are happy, and creates a fantastic work environment to bring the best out in every individual(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Occasional long hours due to job role(in 3 reviews)

• "Not much room for career growth,(in 3 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Great company with friendly and knowledgeable staff"

Current Employee - Group Digital Marketing Manager

I have been working at Chapman Freeborn full-time for less than a year

Pros

Straight away, everybody was very welcoming and they really had their onboarding process nailed down. Everybody is very passionate about working for Chapman Freeborn and their enthusiasm is contagious.

Cons

No cons as of yet

March 4, 2021HR

Thank you so much for leaving a review. We are glad to hear the positive feedback in regards to your onboarding process. A good start makes all the difference!

2. "Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Disclose in London, England, England

I have been working at Chapman Freeborn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing place to work - great people!

Cons

none that I can think of

3. COVID-19

"The focus is the bottom line and not the people"

2.0
    Current Employee - Broker in Gatwick, England, England

I have been working at Chapman Freeborn full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work amongst people that will be friends for life and the support from peers is great.

Cons

This is a global company but don’t expect the benefits and rewards seen by other organisations of the same size. For the long hours worked, there is little or no recognition with even simple thank yous not being said enough. The handling of covid was also disappointing and although unprecedented times, decision making was slow and information wasn’t shared with staff until last minute. Regular information sheets on well-being were circulated but that’s when the support ended. There was nothing from the company on top of this and my team didn’t even have an online call ahead of the Christmas season to bring everyone together. Like every company, the Christmas party was cancelled, as was every other event but this was an opportunity to think outside the box and potentially send staff a thank you gift at the end of the year instead, or organise something virtually for staff, to encourage teams to connect and engage remotely. Senior management can also be difficult to work with, being rude in their interactions and not listening to others, adding more pressure to a job that requires a lot of hours, sometimes through then night to secure a fixture with tight turnarounds. Lastly, having such a flat organisational structure, career opportunities are limited.

March 5, 2021HR

Thank you for your review, which is very valuable to us. We hope that you had the chance to leave similar feedback in one of the frequent pulse check surveys that we have sent out to gain feedback from our people. The majority of our business has been incredibly busy during the last, unusual year, so the Excom team are aware how hard everyone has worked and how well we have adapted to the new challenges. Did you join any of the global new joiner socials that we offered virtually? This initiative has received great feedback with all of our new joiners (or employees that have been there for longer than year) to get together and stay in touch. Every year, between January and March, our PPDs (Performance Dialogue Process) are being completed, so we would like you to use the process and to encourage you to approach your direct manager with your feedback and your career development suggestions. We offer training and study support to our people and our newly implemented intranet will soon have the possibility to receive and share internal applications. Our reward planning is currently being reviewed as part of the annual process and we will soon be able to share more information. We continuously benchmark salary / bonus reviews, length of service awards and all other benefits to ensure we remain competitive to keep our staff happy. We would encourage you to speak to your manager or a member for the HR team to discuss further and find solutions where we can for you. Again, thank you for leaving a review and for sharing your feedback.

4. "Amazing company with emphasise on employee wellbeing"

5.0
    Current Employee - Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gatwick, England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Chapman Freeborn full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have felt welcome by all since I first started in my role. The company really cares about employee wellbeing and promotes employee involvement and collaboration. Very friendly employees across all levels and departments, everyone is always happy to help and work together. Ideas are welcome and understanding when there are times of pressure due to workload. The company is mindful of the work/life balance that can be stretched in this industry but this is always recognised and they reward employees for going the extra mile. The company is forward thinking and is welcoming change to grow and develop further.

Cons

None so far, continue to grow, change and adapt with the working world.

March 4, 2021HR

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to read that you have settled in well. You are right, the Chapman Freeborn Group will continue to grow and our people are most important so we will continue to develop our reward planning and will offer even more opportunities to share feedback.

5. "As Much Fun as Going on Holiday (more flights)"

Current Employee - Broker in Gatwick, England, England

I have been working at Chapman Freeborn full-time for less than a year

Pros

Chapman-Freeborn have an extremely friendly work environment with everybody willing to help one another and share knowledge and best practices. Obviously a position here has huge advantages to somebody that has a passion for aerospace.

Cons

None as of yet, really enjoying the position

6. "Company Review"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Chapman Freeborn full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly, Great atmosphere, Something different everyday

Cons

Nothing at this present time

7. "Energetic, proactive with employees respected as heart and soul of the business"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gatwick, England, England

I have been working at Chapman Freeborn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Vibrant, fun, modern and always busy. Reviews frequently undertaken to help improve yourself and your work environment. Not biased and all suggestions considered.

Cons

Office layout can be a little noisy

8. "Great company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gatwick, England, England

I worked at Chapman Freeborn full-time

Pros

I have worked for Chapman freeborn in the IT department for about 20 month and it was one of the best experiences of my life . The company is great and they support you in every aspect in life . From the CEO to HR they have been supportive through tough periods and always were listening to you wherever possible . Management team very accessible and you could always talk to them if need be . Pay was ok and bonus scheme and company weekend in a different country was great . Very honest people around you . I wish I could stay as I really loved the place and my work which involved lots of travelling. Manager was very nice on the private side and very understanding and helpful . Differences with manager in work related things and the way to do them led me to the decision to leave .

Cons

Minimum room for internal promotion because of the flat Hierarchie . Sometimes people miss to see the potential and stop you from doing great things . Most of the higher level managers are there for quite a long time and I have to say they are all great from the personal side of things but sometimes not very open about new ideas or constructive feedback .

Continue reading
  9. "Fantastic company to work for"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Executive in Gatwick, England, England

I have been working at Chapman Freeborn full-time for less than a year

Pros

Started at a difficult time for the industry but everybody has been extremely helpful and friendly welcoming me on board.

Cons

Nothing to fault on at present

10. "Never a dull day!"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Chapman Freeborn full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Variety in roles and no day is ever the same! The people are friendly and you get to work with a variety of difference offices globally. The flat hierarchy also means the board and senior managers are approachable and open to ideas and suggestions.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 72 Reviews