Chapman Freeborn Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.8
Chapman Freeborn CEO Russi Batliwala
Russi Batliwala

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Junior Systems Administator"

Former Employee - Junior Systems Administrator in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

I worked at Chapman Freeborn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly diverse workforce all around the globe who care about each other and the business, very much like a big family. The company invests in people and show progression of salary and benefits based on years worked. Its refreshing to have loyalty rewarded. They also have a yearly company weekend which was always a fantastic time. The people there are the greatest thing about this job.

Cons

Being based in Crawley in the UK, the wages tend to not be huge for someone used to working in London. However this is somewhat compensated for by the end of year bonus. Also being based on a business estate there is nowhere to socialize on lunches or after work.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the staff with training and opportunities. This was a dream job for me and couldn't have asked for much more from the place.

14 Jun 2018

Thank you for highlighting some of the various benefits we offer to staff. The company regularly looks at means to motivate and reward staff across the different functions and locations, to ensure we... More

2. "The joys of CF"

I have been working at Chapman Freeborn full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Interesting company, lovely people to work with. It is a very sociable company with Christmas events, summer weekend away.

Cons

Ping pong at lunchtime haha!

6 Dec 2018

Thank you for your leaving a review and highlighting some of the fun things we do here!

We are currently looking at ways to schedule these kind of activities so that they don't affect others in... More

"I have been working at Chapman Freeborn full time for less than a year"

I have been working at Chapman Freeborn full-time

Pros

Great people, great exposure to different types of work, feels like a big family and great flexible working approach

Cons

Some strong characters across Chapman Freeborn

4. "No direction"

Former Employee - Broker
    Former Employee - Broker

I worked at Chapman Freeborn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of different types of projects to work on. Friendly place to work. HR were good.

Cons

The owners only interest seemed to be cargo broking so the rest of the company suffers. Very little opportunity to move up. Seemed HR were not listened to either on improvements to owners. Lot's of firefighting and little strategy from the top.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the good feedback given already by employees past and present. Everyone says the same things.

17 Nov 2017

Thank you for posting a review on our Glassdoor profile. We are pleased to read that you thought your place of work was friendly and that the HR team was supportive.

It is a shame you felt that... More

5. "My first 3 months"

I have been working at Chapman Freeborn full-time

Pros

Very friendly and flexible company, its like one big family.

Cons

Some very strong characters, can make things difficult

17 Nov 2017

Welcome to Chapman Freeborn! Thank you for leaving a review so early in your employment with us.

We are happy to see that you have had the opportunity to experience the flexibility that the... More

6. "Chapman Freeborn is a good company to work for"

Current Employee - Cargo Charter Broker in Gatwick, England
    Current Employee - Cargo Charter Broker in Gatwick, England

I have been working at Chapman Freeborn full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with the company many years through different roles/departments over the years. The positives are that i have extended my knowledge and experience and will continue to for many more years.

Cons

There is little movement in management positions however there is always movement for many other positions internally.

17 Nov 2017

Thank you for leaving such a positive review. More than 10 years with the company - that’s an incredible achievement – huge congratulations and a big thank you for your service!

We’re pleased that... More

"Pleasant and friendly place to work."

I worked at Chapman Freeborn full-time

Pros

The staff are very welcoming. The Management team are lovely too. The salary was top notch.

Cons

I wasn't managed very well so I often felt extremely bored and there was only so much pro-activity you can invent!

Advice to Management

Give the PA more responsibility and tasks.

28 Sep 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are pleased that you experienced the welcoming culture as this is something we pride ourselves on across all offices. It can be frustrating... More

8. "Chapman Freeborn VIP Charter Broker"

I have been working at Chapman Freeborn full-time

Pros

Very interesting client base, busy environment (never bored)

Cons

Work/Life balance is poor, Management focus is on Cargo and Freight, no interest in passenger and VIP clientele

Advice to Management

Review the focus of the company, it seems it's been lost

28 Sep 2017

Thank you for leaving a review here on Glassdoor. We are always looking in to ways that can improve working life balance and it’s a shame you have experienced this, we will continue to try to promote... More

"Trainee passenger charter broker review"

Current Employee - Trainee Passenger Charter Broker in Gatwick, England
    Current Employee - Trainee Passenger Charter Broker in Gatwick, England

I have been working at Chapman Freeborn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started just over a month ago, and my time at Chapman Freeborn has been nothing but great. Everybody is incredibly friendly and helpful and will go out of their way to make sure you are getting on well. Everybody were so welcoming (even those in the global offices), and the family-like atmosphere in the office has really made me feel at ease. The management are also very approachable and even though I am still training, they have treated me with respect and have fully integrated me as a member of the team. The environment is relaxed and non-pressuring, with full support to learn at your own pace. There's is an annual Christmas do which was lovely and fully expensed, and many opportunities to get out of the office, visit airlines/airports/clients/travel shows, as long as the will is there. Overall, it is a great place to work and the friendliness and helpfulness of the team really makes it a pleasure to be at work.

Cons

The office is quite remote, however there are loads of shops nearby which people drive to.

26 Jan 2017 – HR

Thank you for such a positive review. It’s great to know that you have settled in well and that you enjoyed our Christmas Social! We look forward to you developing your career with Chapman Freeborn.

10. "Good way to start your career"

Pros

Equal opportunity employer with a diverse workforce, great work experience especially for people at the start of their career trying to get their foot in the door, developer of talent, relaxed culture, offers opportunities to travel, nice modern office.

Cons

Things to do in the area around the office is quite limited if you cannot drive meaning you would have to travel to do anything after work or during lunch.