Chapman Freeborn Reviews

Found 87 of over 93 reviews

4.6
Chapman Freeborn CEO Eric Erbacher
Eric Erbacher
Pros
  • "Chapman-Freeborn have an extremely friendly work environment with everybody willing to help one another and share knowledge and best practices(in 10 reviews)

• "Reviews frequently undertaken to help improve yourself and your work environment(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "A new cafe has opened up next to the building so this may improve things(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years
      Featured Review

Great people and great development opportunities

Apr 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Gatwick, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Chapman Freeborn for a long time and have had so many opportunities to successfully develop in my career. This company has been supportive of new initiatives and continues to come up with new ways to develop and motivate people. Every day is exciting with new things, and the people you work with are genuinely great people.

Cons

Nothing to mention on Cons, as any constructive feedback given to management is dealt with and fixed quickly.

Chapman Freeborn Airchartering

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so pleased to hear that you have been enjoying an exciting and developing career with our Company. Our people are at the core of our business and we appreciate your positive feedback on our efforts. We agree - through pulse check surveys, our annual employee engagement survey and our regular performance check-ins, we are able to deliver constructive feedback quickly to senior leaders for action. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a review, and we wish you a long and happy career with our company!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Couldn't be any better!

May 11, 2022 - Administrator
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Colleagues - Work Environment - Transparency of Job Role

Cons

Can't think of any cons

3. 5.0

CF

Aug 25, 2021 - Cargo Charter Broker in Gatwick, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly & Family Orientated, Regular Team Functions.

Cons

Nothing to add to cons.

Chapman Freeborn Airchartering

Thank you for leaving us a review! We are pleased that you are enjoying the team functions and friendly atmosphere. We wish you a long and happy career with our company! :)

4. 5.0

Fabulous friendly company

Aug 17, 2021 - Head Office Staff
      Business Outlook

Pros

Real people, fast pace, every day is different, team spirit

Cons

I have no cons of working for this company, the only con is the pandemic, which has changed the way we work, yet the company spirit still thrives

Chapman Freeborn Airchartering

Thank you for leaving us a review! We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you enjoy the team focused atmosphere at Chapman Freeborn. We agree that the pandemic has certainly changed the way we work, but we are also working hard to welcome our people back to the office safely. We hope you continue to enjoy a career at Chapman Freeborn :)

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

The perfect workplace!

Jul 27, 2021 - Human Resources Database Administrator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent Management, Very Good Communication, Extremely Friendly, Very Inclusive, Great Work/Life Balance

Cons

I couldn't name one con within my role

Chapman Freeborn Airchartering

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate your feedback and wish you a long and happy career with our Company. :)

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Very happy, love my job!

Jul 12, 2021 - PR and Communications Executive in Gatwick, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone I work and interact with is lovely Great team and supportive manager Varied and interesting role I am encouraged to put my ideas forward to shape how we do things in the team I am trusted to get on with my work.

Cons

I haven't encountered any cons in my 6 months here.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Jun 17, 2021 - Business Development Manager in Gatwick, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great working atmosphere, team spirit, learning and respectful management

Cons

Slow career progression and little involvement of junior staff in decision making

8. 5.0

Amazing place to work!

Mar 9, 2021 - Prefer Not to Disclose in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing place to work - great people!

Cons

none that I can think of

Chapman Freeborn Airchartering

Thank you for leaving us a review! We are so pleased to hear your positive feedback.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company with friendly and knowledgeable staff

Mar 3, 2021 - Group Digital Marketing Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Straight away, everybody was very welcoming and they really had their onboarding process nailed down. Everybody is very passionate about working for Chapman Freeborn and their enthusiasm is contagious.

Cons

No cons as of yet

HR

Thank you so much for leaving a review. We are glad to hear the positive feedback in regards to your onboarding process. A good start makes all the difference!

10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The focus is the bottom line and not the people

Feb 24, 2021 - Broker in Gatwick, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I work amongst people that will be friends for life and the support from peers is great.

Cons

This is a global company but don’t expect the benefits and rewards seen by other organisations of the same size. For the long hours worked, there is little or no recognition with even simple thank yous not being said enough. The handling of covid was also disappointing and although unprecedented times, decision making was slow and information wasn’t shared with staff until last minute. Regular information sheets on well-being were circulated but that’s when the support ended. There was nothing from the company on top of this and my team didn’t even have an online call ahead of the Christmas season to bring everyone together. Like every company, the Christmas party was cancelled, as was every other event but this was an opportunity to think outside the box and potentially send staff a thank you gift at the end of the year instead, or organise something virtually for staff, to encourage teams to connect and engage remotely. Senior management can also be difficult to work with, being rude in their interactions and not listening to others, adding more pressure to a job that requires a lot of hours, sometimes through then night to secure a fixture with tight turnarounds. Lastly, having such a flat organisational structure, career opportunities are limited.

1 person found this review helpful

HR

Thank you for your review, which is very valuable to us. We hope that you had the chance to leave similar feedback in one of the frequent pulse check surveys that we have sent out to gain feedback from our people. The majority of our business has been incredibly busy during the last, unusual year, so the Excom team are aware how hard everyone has worked and how well we have adapted to the new challenges. Did you join any of the global new joiner socials that we offered virtually? This initiative has received great feedback with all of our new joiners (or employees that have been there for longer than year) to get together and stay in touch. Every year, between January and March, our PPDs (Performance Dialogue Process) are being completed, so we would like you to use the process and to encourage you to approach your direct manager with your feedback and your career development suggestions. We offer training and study support to our people and our newly implemented intranet will soon have the possibility to receive and share internal applications. Our reward planning is currently being reviewed as part of the annual process and we will soon be able to share more information. We continuously benchmark salary / bonus reviews, length of service awards and all other benefits to ensure we remain competitive to keep our staff happy. We would encourage you to speak to your manager or a member for the HR team to discuss further and find solutions where we can for you. Again, thank you for leaving a review and for sharing your feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 87 Reviews

Chapman Freeborn Reviews FAQs

Chapman Freeborn has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 93 reviews left anonymously by employees. 90% of employees would recommend working at Chapman Freeborn to a friend and 87% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Chapman Freeborn employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Chapman Freeborn. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

90% of Chapman Freeborn employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Chapman Freeborn 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Chapman Freeborn Job Seekers