Checkout.com Reviews

Updated Aug 2, 2021

Found 168 of over 176 reviews

4.7
Pros
  • "Great experience to work at Checkout(in 8 reviews)

• "Fast paced working environment with a great learning curve(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There is still a lot of place for improvements but Checkout continue to make great efforts to fill them(in 5 reviews)

• "But my advice is; If you can't hack 'fast-paced' it might not be for you(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

An amazing company to work for

Aug 2, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Bright and friendly teammates. It's a pleasure to work alongside my co-workers; - Flexible working hours; - Great for learning and progressing your career. Lots of support from within and outside the teams. Flexibility in choosing one's path; - Variety of interesting projects. Awesome challenges and meaningful problems to solve; - High standard of engineering and best practices applied. Using a modern tech stack and keeping projects neat, organised, and efficient; - Fair, transparent and excellent remuneration package; - Awesome equipment, sensinble staff policies & meaningful benefits.

Cons

- Fast-paced, meaning it's sometimes a chaotic and an unpredictable journey. However, that seems inevitable in a progressive and rapidly expanding scale-up. Also, it's worth noting that this has been improving steadily and going in the right direction.

2. 5.0

Best Company I've Worked For

Jul 1, 2021 - Product Team Member in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Seemingly endless levels of trust and responsibility in employees, regardless of seniority. - A real drive to push employees to continue to learn, and to be constantly aware of their own weaknesses and strengths - Genuine care in the company from the vast majority of employees - People team do an excellent job of recruitment in terms of maintaining a culture conducive to forming genuine friendships and learning from others - Opportunities to genuinely impact the direction of a team from day 1 of joining (despite being about as junior as you can get), and this has only grown as I've proven myself capable of doing so

Cons

- Incredibly fast paced- some may not appreciate it; this is the first 'true' tech company I've worked at but others seem to suggest it's even fast moving for the tech world. Works for most but some certainly prefer a more tranquil environment. Personally think a fail fast mentality breeds far greater results but individual preference - A risk of losing the culture as the company grows seemingly exponentially

1 person found this review helpful

Checkout.com Response

Hey, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It's great to see you're enjoying working with our dedicated team of passionate people. Thanks again, The People Team

3. 5.0

Great Company

Jul 29, 2021 - People Experience Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for. Checkout.com really focuses on their values and takes good care of their employees. Wellbeing is important to the company and they have shown this through the way they have managed things during the pandemic.

Cons

No cons I can think of. The only thing I can mention is that it is a very fast paced company - it may not be for everyone.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Aim for the stars, anything is possible 🚀

Apr 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A fantastic team that supports one another and an amazing culture that believes in community, wellbeing and inclusion. Personal development is at the core of the businesses growth with lots of team members being promoted in the twice a year review process. There are many pros to Checkout.com... - Flexible working ⏰ - Ergonomic and IT allowances to support working from home 🪑🖥 - Extensive health insurance wherever you are 🏥 - An inclusive workplace to be who you want to be 🌈 - AMAZING EOY Parties and retreats 🎧 ✈️ (both virtual and in-person) - Macs 💻 (believe it or not a big bonus having the choice to your best workflow 💪) - Collaborative office spaces and tools + dog friendly 🦮 - Free fitness classes online 🏋️ - Rewards including bonuses and trips abroad to offices like Mauritius and Dubai + sky diving 😳🛩 - A can-do attitude, if you believe in something, you can make it happen at Checkout - An inspiring leadership team 🚀

Cons

- A fast-growing business will mean lots of new faces - As mentioned above, a big recruitment drive is going on, we need more people to join us on the journey - Bringing the business up to speed as growth continues to be rapid can be challenging.

3 people found this review helpful

Checkout.com Response

Hi, Thank you for your in-depth review - we love the amazing feedback. Thanks, The People Team

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

I love collaborating with a highly skilled, extremely dedicated team

Apr 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

My opinions are valued >> I always feel comfortable giving my honest opinion (even if it’s constructively critical). This goes for working with anyone, at any level of the business - not just my direct team. I think at Checkout.com we work collaboratively not for the sake of it, but because we believe more perspectives can genuinely add value to the work. Hard working team >> Getting to build things with my colleagues is one of the things I love most about working at Checkout.com. People are very passionate about their specialisms, and really do believe in the work we’re doing, which acts as a source of inspiration for me on a daily basis. People of all backgrounds are welcomed >> I really believe we celebrate diversity and welcome the variety of experiences our people bring to Checkout.com. I think initiatives like our colleague-led community groups are brilliant at helping our people feel a sense of belonging. And I know we’re also working with some amazing external partners to help our open opportunities reach as many different types of people as possible.

Cons

A sense of pressure that comes from working in such a high-performing environment, but I feel I can talk about this with my manager if it becomes too much.

2 people found this review helpful

Checkout.com Response

Hey, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Best, The People Team

6. 5.0
      Former Employee

Awesome

Jul 30, 2021 - Finance
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learned a ton with awesome people

Cons

Have nothing bad to say

7. 5.0

Enjoying it so far!

Apr 28, 2021 - Software Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The salary is good and higher ups are always pushing to use and look into new technologies and approaches. There is little "legacy" code, everything is kept up to date and the "old" code is still decent. Plenty of learning opportunities and exposure to new technologies - there's also a lot of encouragement from management to take on explicit learning and courses which is great. People seem very nice and employee happiness seems to be taken into account often - there's a good offering of perks beyond just the salary, and plenty of events/activities to get involved with. Checkout's handling of covid has also been great so far with no expectation to risk your health unnecessarily.

Cons

Payments and the finance industry can get slightly boring at times depending on what you're working on at the time, though it's more interesting that it otherwise would be because of the modern stack. Plus that's what they pay you for!

3 people found this review helpful

Checkout.com Response

Hi, Thank you for leaving us such an in-depth review. Your feedback helps us to continuously improve. Thanks, The People Team

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to learn and use your skills

Jun 15, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

After 1 year working at CKO I'm still learning and here I'm able to use my skills in complex projects. The team is great and I have all the tools to succeed in my career

Cons

No cons that I can think of. The only is that I joined during the pandemic so I didn't get to know the team in person much, but hopefully things will get better by the end of 2021.

Checkout.com Response

Hi, Thanks for sharing your thoughts on working at Checkout.com. We love to hear your feedback and you can rest assured that people and learning will remain a top priority! Thanks, The People Team

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Scale up going corporate

Jul 2, 2021 - Software Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Decent compensation. Pays above average. - Interesting tech stack and investment in technology. Plenty of opportunity to learn and use the latest and greatest. - Challenging domain. Plenty of interesting problems to solve.

Cons

- Getting very corporate lately and feels sluggish. Plenty of red tape. - Questionable decisions regarding people management recently. No transparency and honest communication in terms of c level decisions. - No commitment to agile development anymore. Micro waterfalls is now the model. - Micro-managing. Management will randomly pick things to solutionise on.

Hey,

Thanks for taking the time to write us an honest review.

We love to see that your were feeling challenged in your work by the cutting-edge technologies we use and the problems we’re solving.
 That being said, we also want to discuss the points you raised where we can improve.

As the company scales, it’s a major priority for us to stay lean and not create unnecessary red tape. We believe the best way to do this is by communicating clearly the company goals and curating a culture of autonomy and inclusion.

We’re also investing heavily in manager training to ensure our people get the trust and freedom they need to excel at their job.

It’s clear from your review that this was not the case for you and we’re truly sorry about that. In order for us to improve on this, we want to invite you to share any additional information with us at people.culture@checkout.com, so we can look into what went wrong.

Thanks again,

The People Team

10. 5.0

A great place to thrive

May 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Like many I started remotely and I have been really impressed with how easy and collaborative it was from day one, we have been well equipped to work from home. There is no micromanaging and I am given autonomy to lead and deliver my work which has been really refreshing. Everyone I work with is an expert in their field. Lots of opportunities to learn and grow in my role. Great internal culture which is felt even remotely. No big egos in my team - there is a real camaraderie with our projects.

Cons

Can be chaotic and stressful sometimes with work and projects being delivered just in the nick of time, but that's whats expected in a fast growing company with a lot of moving parts.

1 person found this review helpful