Checkout.com Reviews

Updated 21 May 2020

4.3
Checkout.com Founder / Executive Chairman Guillaume Pousaz
Guillaume Pousaz
Pros
  • "Would highly recommend Checkout as a place to work both professionally and socially(in 7 reviews)

• "Fast paced company in a great vertical(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is still a lot of place for improvements but Checkout continue to make great efforts to fill them(in 5 reviews)

• "Very fast-paced so not the place for you if you don't have energy and drive(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great company to join"

Current Employee - VP Finance and Strategy in London, England

I have been working at Checkout.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very dynamic company with a huge ambition. Great team of talented & passionated people.

Cons

Moving super fast so perfect environment for people ready to work in fast changing environment

Checkout.com2020-03-09
  2. "Great place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Data Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Checkout.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Self motivated people. Everyone works beyond their limit without any push from anyone.

Cons

Too many meetings, less meeting rooms.

Checkout.com2020-03-25

"Great place to work and grow"

Current Employee - People Team in London, England

I have been working at Checkout.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been at Checkout.com for around a year now and I feel that I have been able to make a difference to the company and really grow my own personal skills. I have been given the opportunity to run my own projects, look after my own team's requirements but also given the tools and support I have needed to succeed. It is a company that very much rewards achievements with a clear career plan and regular salary reviews so you never feel you are stagnant in your career. Would highly recommend Checkout as a place to work both professionally and socially.

Cons

Being a start-up there is a lot happening so your job can be very reactive rather than strategic. But this is changing with increasing internal processes and best practices.

Checkout.com2020-03-04
  4. "The best place I have ever worked"

I have been working at Checkout.com full-time

Pros

The people make the place. Surrounded by ambitious, energetic and kind colleagues, all striving towards the same goals. An innovative and exciting place to work where no two days are the same and things are always evolving.

Cons

Very fast-paced so not the place for you if you don't have energy and drive.

Checkout.com2020-03-05
  5. "Scaling for success!"

Current Employee - People Acquisition Specialist in London, England

I have been working at Checkout.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Checkout.com is going through incredible fast paced growth, making the environment exciting and forever changing - you certainly won't be bored! Passionate and likeminded colleagues who are supportive, collaborative and creative. An amazing culture, looked after by a dedicated People Culture team and a People Experience team who organise great company events and maintain the offices. Opportunity for career progression and training supported by the People Development team. Great collaboration between People Acquisition, Technology and Product, with individuals that appreciate and initiate change

Cons

Out growing the offices! Not really a con especially with the exciting new office plans

Checkout.com2020-03-04
  6. "A business full of passion with its focus still firmly on its people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Checkout.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Checkout.com is continuously trying to improve its already engaging culture. The business's focus still feels firmly on its people, in spite of high growth targets for the year ahead. It's such an exciting time to join the business with amazing projects to work on.

Cons

Slight unsurety over what the future looks like as we are growing so quickly.

Checkout.com2020-02-18
  7. "Startup"

1.0
    Current Employee - Database Administrator

I have been working at Checkout.com full-time

Pros

Young, passionate, busy, fast paced

Cons

young so lack of processes.

Checkout.com2020-02-12

Checkout.com Response

February 19, 2020Head of People

Hello, Firstly, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, at Checkout.com we are constantly on the lookout for ways to better support our team members, so we really appreciate the feedback. We’re really happy to hear you found Checkout.com to be a workplace full of passion whilst you were here, and found the busy and fast-paced environment to be a positive - we care a lot about what we do and always work hard to turn our ideas into reality. As we’ve grown as a business, we’ve tried to introduce processes along the way to ensure everything continues to run smoothly, but we’re sorry to hear from your perspective we could have done with a few more. It’s always a tricky balance with structure, as we still want to give people who want it the freedom/agility to experiment and innovate with new ideas. We did find the 1 star review to be a tiny bit harsh, as we thought you had some lovely things to say about us. If you feel like you could elaborate slightly on your reasoning, do please feel free to reach out - we’re always looking to improve where we can! Thanks, Louis - Head of People

"Overall a good place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Checkout.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Interesting domain (payments) - Nice perks such as occasional free lunches, drinks, company trip, parties - “People” team seems better than usual HR at most companies. - Lots of ambitious projects with modern technology (e.g. .NET Core 3.0, DynamoDB). - Twice-yearly reviews

Cons

- Non-technical people in product roles is a frequent source of frustration - Some of the longer-serving developers aren’t great

Checkout.com2019-12-03

"Great company that's growing fast."

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Checkout.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

The engineering leadership is open to using the latest technologies, latest versions of tools, etc. Teams are given good amounts of freedom to experiment, do R&D, write pocs etc. We've had a bunch of training sessions with Amazon AWS people on recent AWS tech and services. Management seem to actually be good people, friendly, approachable, not micro-managers and so on. Teams are trusted to do the right thing. People team (HR) really try to put on good events and to their credit they are actually quite good. Often good food is provided, drinks, etc. Recently more push towards physical and mental health initiatives (which I think is amazing). Very sociable company in general.

Cons

The office is getting packed with all the new hiring (basically impossible to book meeting rooms), although we are moving to a new (and much bigger) office soon so that should be way better. Some growing pains in terms of hiring so fast and trying to expand in every way which makes coordinating on cross team products hard. Communication needs to be better on cross team initiatives. Working with the Mauritius office can be difficult. Communication-wise.

Checkout.com2019-11-02

"Amazing company to work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Checkout.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

- A lot of new greenfield projects - Reasonable freedom to choose technologies yourself, management support for modern technologies - Free snacks, fruit, and beer :)

Cons

- Growth pains, sometimes priorities change overnight :)

Checkout.com2019-07-25