Checkout.com Reviews

Found 292 of over 312 reviews

4.4
Checkout.com Founder / Executive Chairman Guillaume Pousaz
Guillaume Pousaz
Pros
  • "checkout.com(in 27 reviews)

• "Checkout made me realise what a truly great place to work looks like(in 23 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The only thing I can mention is that it is a very fast paced company - it may not be for everyone(in 19 reviews)

• "checkout.com(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

84.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Checkout.com~837487
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0

Great place to thrive

Aug 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Working alongside expert colleagues - Nice offices with free breakfast/lunch - Freedom to thrive in your role - never feeling micromanaged - Birthday day off - I know I am making a tangible impact in my day to day role - Inclusive culture

Cons

Some processes still need to be refined but the company is still growing/scaling and these things take time

Checkout.com Response

Hi there, We'd like to thank you for taking the time to leave us this fantastic review! It's wonderful to see you've liked working with colleagues, enjoyed our benefits and felt the ability to thrive in your role. At Checkout.com, we promote inclusivity and are proud of our diverse culture which is at the heart of everything we do - so it's great to see you mention this as well. While we go through a time of tremendous growth, we aim to be as transparent as possible about changes in the workplace and processes, so thank you for being patient and part of our journey. Thanks, The People Team.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fast paced

Aug 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work with smart and hard working people every day

Cons

One of those companies where they want you back in the office for at least 2 days a week even though everyone's proved wfh doesn't affect productivity

3 people found this review helpful

Checkout.com Response

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your time with us so far, we really appreciate it and it's lovely to see you've enjoyed working with your colleagues. At Checkout.com, we recently launched our hybrid working model which allows our people to come into the office on set days with their team and work from home for the rest of the week. While we feel this is the best approach to collaboration, we really appreciate everyone's feedback and want you to know it will get taken on board. Thanks, The People Team.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture

Aug 10, 2022 - Recruiter in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, stock, work life balance and great leadership.

Cons

Pace, high performance culture with not enough tools to set up for success.

Checkout.com Response

Dear colleague, We want to firstly say a huge thank you for leaving us a review of your time with us so far. It's awesome to see you mention our leadership team and great to see you're enjoying our benefits too. As we go through a time of hypergrowth, we aim to be transparent for our people and ensure we always put them first. We really do appreciate your comments and rest assured they will be taken on board and fed back to the relevant teams Thanks, The People Team.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not bad. Nothing special.

Aug 9, 2022 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Hybrid working. 2 days a week mandatory in office (Pro and con) - Breakfast and lunch - Nice offices - Reasonably interesting work - Very inclusive culture

Cons

*The company asks new joiners to leave a Glassdoor review. Take reviews here with a pinch of salt. A lot of 5*s will be from guys who have just joined. - Engineering seems to be poorly planned, with some teams working on very similar systems. - General moral seems to be poor amongst a lot of engineers. I think this could be down to recent whispers of poor company performance and the individual performance reviews. - I did not get much feedback during probation. - I have not met anyone above my line manager. - No agreed engineering standards so it's a bit of a mess trying to decide on how to implement and design things. - Onboarding had a lot of fluff from the HR side of things, but very little in terms of Engineering. Other employees also expressed this was the same for them. - The interview process is too long considering the work is mostly typical CRUD APIs. - No allocated learning time. - Mandatory return to office 2 days per week just seems to be to make use of the office space. If we wanted to come in, we wouldn't have to be told to. We can 'collaborate' just fine on zoom.

Checkout.com Response

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It sounds like you enjoy being in our workspace which is great, and it’s really good to see you call out our culture as being an inclusive one. One thing to clarify upfront is that we only ever ask new joiners to leave a review on their interview experience, not what it’s like to work at Checkout.com. Those reviews can be found on a separate section of our profile, under the ‘interview’ tab. There’s lots for us to take onboard from your review, most of which relate specifically to your experience working within the Engineering team. We’ve already shared your review with leaders in that department to ensure your feedback is taken onboard and used in team planning. We’ll also share with other relevant teams, like Onboarding and Recruitment. We hope that over the coming months that ‘pros’ list expands for you, and if you have any more feedback to give please share it in the next pulse survey, or with your manager directly to help us keep improving.

5. 5.0

Great working environment!

Jul 27, 2022 - Talent Acquisition in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Checkout is a great experience thanks to its great culture and inclusive environment. There is a clear progression path with a clear outline on goals.

Cons

The communication can be improved across the company so employees have more overview of changes.

Checkout.com Response

Hi there, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review of your time with us so far, we really appreciate it. It's fantastic to see you're enjoying our culture and benefits, and great to see you mention our progression and development for employees. At Checkout.com, we are going through a time of hypergrowth and with this inevitability comes changes. We try to communicate these quickly and transparently, however will take your feedback on board. Thanks, The People Team.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Supportive Company with great CEO,

Jul 22, 2022 - Associate Software Engineer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- food in the office - transparent communication from executive team - well managed company - plenty of work to do - strong industry

Cons

none to speak of really

Checkout.com Response

Hi there, Wow - thank you for leaving us this glowing review of your time with us so far. It's fantastic to see you're enjoying our benefits and working with us during this exciting time of growth and change. The People Team.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Merchant configuration

Aug 2, 2022 - Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good growth Travel Not much to say here

Cons

Poor management and structure Micromanagerial Unpaid overtime

Checkout.com Response

Hi there, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this review of your experience with us. It's fantastic to see you've enjoyed our benefits and growth opportunities, but we are sorry to see you feel there are some wider issues. At Checkout.com we are going through a time of hypergrowth which sometimes comes with some structural and workload changes along the way. With this in mind, we always aim to be transparent and put our people first making sure we communicate everything that's happening in the business. We also want to ensure that each and every person has the opportunity to be their best selves and thrive in this environment, and be supported along the way. We are sorry to see that you feel this has been lacking during your experience and we want to assure you that your feedback will be taken on board and shared with the right people. Should you wish to add anything further to this review, don't hesitate to reach out to people.aquisition@checkout.com. Thanks, The People Team.

8. 5.0