Citizens Reviews

3.7
Citizens CEO Bruce Van Saun
Bruce Van Saun
1,278 Ratings
Pros
  • "Work life balance, health benefits(in 163 reviews)

• "Very good benefits as well as really good pay(in 161 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Must make sales goals every quarter(in 141 reviews)

• "Corporate America Upper management stressful(in 126 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Citizens

Join the conversation on

Finance

61.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Citizens~13640
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Featured Review

Great work life balance and flexibility

Apr 28, 2022 - Senior Risk Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great maternity benefits, paid time off, and flexibility. The corporate culture is very positive and there is a big focus on employee training and development. I love the diversity and inclusion initiatives. HR outreach and opportunities to learn more about other business areas, networking, resume writing, and the desire to hire from within and grow are amazing. Great teams, people, and leadership in Business Services.

Cons

I honestly do not have any yet.

Citizens Response

Thanks for leaving such a fantastic review! It's great to see that you noticed our internal mobility efforts. We're dedicated to offering colleagues growth and development opportunities to prepare them for their next role within the bank, as well as great benefits that support them in all aspects of their life! Thanks for all you do!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Love Working for Citizens

Jan 7, 2022 - Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work/life balance 401k matching Employees are encourage to help our communities by doing volunteer activities

Cons

Need to work more in creating a more inclusive and diverse culture in the company

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great work-life balance

Nov 2, 2021 - Senior Data Scientist
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible working hours for non-branch staffs, especially during pandemic; a lot of internal opportunities; great company that cares about the whole community

Cons

the compensation package may not be very competitive.

Citizens Response

Thanks for the high mark and for putting your talents to work for us! And you're right; we do care about the community and the happiness and success of all our colleagues! It's why we regularly review and enhance our compensation and benefits programs. Thanks again and have a great day!

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Front line work

Apr 4, 2021 - Manager in Sutton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Making a real difference to people’s lives. Friendly and professional team.

Cons

Frustrating requirements from out of touch funders and meddling from national citizens advice

Project Manager

Thank you for your review and for your work with us! As you stated so well, you play an important role in helping people reach their goals. We want you to reach your career goals as well and invite you to call our HR Service Center at 1-866-472-8234 to share more about your experience and how we can support you. Thanks for all you do!

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good

Jan 28, 2021 - Sales Advisor in West Bromwich, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really good for progression and improve

Cons

Can get very busy there.

Citizens Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! We're glad you experienced opportunities for career growth during you time with us - it's our goal to help colleagues succeed in their current role and get them ready for a future role.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee

Good

Dec 21, 2020 - Analyst in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

pretty good compensation for the job

Cons

hours can be very long

Citizens Response

Thanks for posting a review! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, best of luck in your future endeavors!

7. 5.0
      Former Employee

Good

Aug 31, 2020 - Bank Clerk
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Long hours every day con

Project Manager

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for having 10 plus year of services with us! Best of luck in the next step of your career, and stay safe!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Social banking

Aug 27, 2020 - MLRO in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Services are real heaven with this bank

Cons

Online system is very slow and not responsive

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Some challenges but good place to work

Aug 28, 2019 - Anon
      Business Outlook

Pros

Positive, passionate staff and good culture

Cons

Odd prioritisation at times, I think

Project Manager

Thanks for your review. We're glad you're enjoying your first year of work with us. Have a great day.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work

May 27, 2022 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Many opportunities and great people

Cons

At times need to promote from within more often

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,272 Reviews

Citizens Reviews FAQs

Citizens has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 3,427 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at Citizens to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Citizens employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Citizens. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

72% of Citizens employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Citizens 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Citizens Job Seekers