89% would recommend to a friend
(229 total reviews)
99% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Cognism
2 months ago
Hi all, I have a burning question, I have received an offer from Cognism an SDR , but also received an offer for a Sales executive role at a leading price reporting agency within the EV / renewable energy space (bound to explode / market leaders/ warm leads) . For years I've been aspiring to get into tech sales as it seems so lucrative, challenges you , and pays well. However this other company has soo so much potential too Could I please get some some advice on how to go about this? Thanks
2 months ago
Hi all, I have a burning question, I have received an offer from Cognism an SDR , but also received an offer for a Sales executive role at a leading price reporting agency within the EV / Battery minerals space (bound to explode / market leaders/ warm leads) . For years I've been aspiring to get into tech sales as it seems so lucrative, challenges you , and pays well. However this other company has soo so much potential too Could I please get some some advice on how to go about this? Thanks
Got a burning question about Cognism? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Cognism employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people and leaders who always want to help." (in 22 reviews)
- "Great product and a team that sees a gap in the market and laser focused on being that for the customers." (in 20 reviews)
- "Culture, office environment is second to none, everyone is very friendly and incredibly supportive of each other and company socials are always a really good laugh." (in 19 reviews)
- "Great culture" (in 19 reviews)
- "Great management" (in 17 reviews)
Found 229 of over 248 reviews
Updated 29 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 3.026 Oct 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Most of my colleagues are really nice people. The CEO is friendly and transparent. Very nice office space.
Management can be a hit or miss. If it’s a miss, expect micromanagement, favouritism and no progression. No dental/vision/health care.1
- 5.011 Jul 2023OperationsCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Having just passed my first year with Cognism I can honestly say it has been amazing. I work within an incredibly talented and respected department and whilst the pace can, at times be extremely fast, no two days have ever been the same. Hard work is absolutely recognised and rewarded and I have personally felt extremely valued by my colleagues at all levels. I have the utmost respect for my manager and senior leadership team and am often encouraged to work within my own framework and empowered to make decisions at the required levels to implement improvements.
Following the incredible growth of the company there is definitely room for more change and control procedures, and more of these are now being implemented which is great. Understandably these can slow down the turn around of developments slightly but will result in fewer issues further down the line. Other than that there just are not enough hours in the day!1
- 4.016 Oct 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
- Opportunity to learn and career growth. - Good work/ life balance. - Positive work environment. - Supportive management.
Lacks some basic internal processes, but this is expected when a start-up is finding it's feet. Some managers across the business are quite junior and require training.
- 5.04 Jan 2023Sales Development Representative (SDR)Former Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
- Culture, office environment is second to none, everyone is very friendly and incredibly supportive of each other and company socials are always a really good laugh. - Progression Opportunities and supportive management who put a huge emphasis on training and equipping the SDR team with the relevant skills that are going to help them become top performers and move up the ladder swiftly. - Very fair commission structure for SDRs and great incentives to encourage performance. - Management are also very generous with the number of tools they invest in, in order to help the SDRs and AEs perform to the best of their abilities. - Nice Office outside Borough Market so you're never short on lunch options.
Frequently changing internal processes. As a relatively young business, the company is still figuring itself out in a lot of different ways and so management has a bit of a trial-and-error approach to some of the practices they implement. The result is that targets, KPIs, commission structure, promotion eligibility & AE-SDR-Line manager teams can end up changing every 2-3 months, all of which end up leading to confusion or impacting the morale within the SDR team.3
- 5.011 Jul 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
- Amazing office space with loads of great amenities and well connected. - Friendly employees who are very sociable and welcoming. - Great company socials. - Onboarding experience was seamless and I had everything I needed to get started. - IT and Operations departments were second to none with sorting out any issues I had within such short timeframes. - Great hybrid policy means you have a good work/life balance. - Best tech-stack I've ever had the privilege of working with.
- No company is perfect but I don't have anything to add here yet!
- 5.021 Apr 2023Senior Content ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
I've never worked in a team that is as proactive and high achieving as I've experienced working at Cognism. And it's not a race to the top either. Everyone is given career opportunities, everyone chips in and everyone is looking to help one another succeed. I've never worked in such a healthy work environment before. You can always ask questions, get the support you need - while also having the respect and autonomy to make decisions for yourself.
Even though Cognism is now a scale up, it's still a fast moving environment. Things change quickly and you will need to be prepared to change direction when required!
- 5.021 Apr 2023Sales Operations ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
I really like how Cognism being small enough gives me more accountability and ownership for my work. My ideas are valued and my opinions are respected. I didn't think there will be a company which gives you job security and all the basics that a big company gives us with the independence that a small company does.
Literally hard to think of any!
- 5.012 Jul 2023Sales Development Representative (SDR)Current Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
Incredible office space, WFH privileges, incentives and top-notch group of people
None that I can think of
- 5.021 Apr 2023Onboarding and Training Team ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
Cognism is an amazing company to work for providing huge opportunities for growth. Cognism is hugely focused on team morale and ensuring all employee's are happy as well as striving for amazing results for our customers. The diversity and culture is second to none and I cannot ever see a reason why I would want to leave Cognism. The team is so supportive and the management support and guidance is the best around. I hugely recommend working for Cognism.
Cannot think of any to note.
Cognism Reviews FAQs
Cognism has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 248 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at Cognism to a friend and 91% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
89% of Cognism employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Cognism 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.