Cognism Reviews

Found 160 of over 169 reviews

4.6
Cognism CEO James Isilay
James Isilay
Pros
  • "The best reason to work at Cognism is that they look after you(in 36 reviews)

• "Great atmosphere and company culture overall(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Need to like a fast paced atmosphere(in 6 reviews)

• "Work-life balance is hard in a start-up but it's the only negative(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

60 Comments

Tech

239.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Cognism~1940341
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Apr 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are friendly and helpful. They are fun, flexible and dedicated to their work and striving for the best. People take time to reflect on individual contributions and appreciate success. The hybrid working model allows flexibility in our personal lives.

Cons

Cognism is a fast-growing company, so you can see changes in your workflow from time to time. Sometimes the pace is fast and work-life balance gets affected by it, but the management is genuine and helps if you reach out. Compensation is somewhat less than the competition.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good

May 2, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Southwark, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced, sales-led, noisy sales floor

Cons

No obvious cons to note

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

fast growing company - opportunity to learn best practices in scaling a B2B startup and build new processes

Apr 4, 2022 - Marketing Operations Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Positive experience and excited I joined a rocket-ship startup. Super sharp management and leadership team. Very data-driven marketing/sales strategy and impressive account management to retain current customers. Advanced company forecasting and aggressive growth goals - makes you excited to join and be part of Cognism at this stage in the company's journey. Lots of opportunities to grow at this company, and you can step up to take on new responsibilities, or step to the side to focus on/deepen your expertise. I work in operations and I like "building" (automations, process, tools); and I feel I get the best of both worlds -- having time to put my head down and build; while also engaging in strategic conversations with the team/leadership, presenting my data analysis, and getting feedback on areas in management/strategic thinking I want to grow into/improve in my professional career. "Be Kind" - is one of the company values, and everyone here is smart, kind, and cares about what is the "truth" (using data to strengthen their positions). I receive a lot of thoughtful feedback from my direct manager and teammates; and positive affirmations on what I am doing well. I enjoy working here and excited for what's next.

Cons

No downsides. I would prefer more remote social/bonding activities (right now the activities are in-person); which I know is something totally new to the workforce due to COVID. While I love that Cognism lets me work remotely (specifically for the operations team); it would be great to have some ways to have fun and connect with other teammates virtually.

4. 5.0

Best company ever

Mar 25, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great culture. -Great pay. -Great commission. -Great progression.

Cons

I didn't hear about the company earlier.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Amazing place to work with fantastic development opportunities

Feb 25, 2022 - Account Executive in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Progression. You can join as an SDR and be an AE within 12 months.

Cons

The current office but I believe we are moving to a new one in May time.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Loads of potential

Feb 14, 2022 - Sales Development Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with a great product Great people scattered throughout

Cons

Some inexperienced talent at the top

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great to be a part of this growth story.

Jan 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic team; great compensation and well-being support.

Cons

High-growth makes things fast-paced, but you would rather that than low growth!

8. 3.0

Great team, changing role every 3 months

Feb 4, 2022 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best culture I have ever worked in My direct line managers & directors are great & supportive.

Cons

The VP's like to change the rules every 3 months, meaning you can never settle into the role. They also do this from a distance & never fully explain the reasoning behind it.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company for ambitious and motivated 20-somethings

Dec 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Cognism is an ideal company to work for if you're in your twenties and like after work drinks. The vast majority of people, regardless of seniority, are warm, welcoming, and helpful. - You're trusted by your superiors to get on with the job in your own way; micromanagement only happens if you don't pull your weight. - It's a dynamic company that empowers you to present ideas, run with them, and make them reality. If you're early in your career and like taking the initiative, you'll flourish at Cognism. - Good benefits package, with £40-per-month wellbeing spend per person, and solid training allowance.

Cons

- Pay is under the market rate outside of sales and account management and it's a battle to get increases (even at standard intervals like annual reviews). - Defined career progression is unclear and goalposts for promotion move often. - Favouritism is brazen and demotivating.

2 people found this review helpful

Cognism Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us - we are always keen and willing to hear how we can do better! We will continue to test our compensation packages against international market data for all Departments, and make adjustments where necessary, as we have done during the recent round of reviews. Better definition of career pathways is already on our roadmap for 2022, in order to catch up with our rapid growth and greater number and breadth of roles on offer. I was sad to hear that you have encountered favouritism at Cognism - more specific feedback will always help us tackle any such occurrences; otherwise we pledge to continually develop our managers into an even more supportive, objective and empathetic population.

10. 5.0

Great company from top-to-bottom

Dec 10, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great management - Cohesive team - Great commission structure and incentives - Promote internally - Really good tech stack

Cons

- Promotions are highly competitive (opportunities are there but you need to be the best of the best) - Office is a bit dull and in a pretty depressing part of London

Viewing 1 - 10 of 160 Reviews

Cognism Reviews FAQs

Cognism has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 169 reviews left anonymously by employees. 93% of employees would recommend working at Cognism to a friend and 87% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Cognism employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Cognism. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

93% of Cognism employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Cognism 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Cognism Job Seekers