Combined Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Combined Insurance President Kevin Goulding
Kevin Goulding

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Talk to 100 people a day outside or door to door and shove your sales in their throat" (in 33 reviews)

• "Long hours in the beginning until you get the process under your belt, but even that pays off in the long run" (in 36 reviews)

1. "Brilliant"

Current Employee - Benefit Consultant in Brighton, England
    Current Employee - Benefit Consultant in Brighton, England

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Brilliant Training, great management support

Cons

Long hours to achieve a sensible income

2. "Interesting Times"

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time

Pros

Had lots of great ideas to develop the sales model

Cons

European Division closed for sound business reasons, but still a shame for those who worked hard for the company.

10 Feb 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review our company and for giving us 4 Stars. It is our goal to train our agents to be effective salespeople both through our one week, in-house training and ongoing... More

3. "Agent"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Middlesboro, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Middlesboro, KY (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The money is great, I’m helping people, I have the flexibility to go to all of my kids sporting events. Thanks for the opportunity !!

Cons

If I had it pick one it would be flying to Chicago for training when hired. Then again it was the best training I’ve ever seen. Just missed my kids! :)

Advice to Management

Overall I felt like the managers make this feel like a team, a family environment.

"Looking for new job?"

Current Employee - Sales in East Hartford, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in East Hartford, CT (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When one is in the office, it is a very positve and uplifting environment. If you already have experience selling door to door or a strong sales background this company would be a great fit.

Cons

You will be hired as fast as possible with as many other people they can find. You will be lured in by the training. However, they have little time to actually show you how to successfully build a business because lower management is constantly being pushed by upper management to keep hiring. They leave you to fend for your self in a new career where you were promised training and support. After multiple request for help with the cold calling fell on deaf ears I was finally sat down and told that I was not a priority because I had my husband to pay my bills. I never felt more discriminated and belittled in my life. Then you try and leave and are told to hold on to your IPad so there persistency doesn't look horrible. Good luck

Advice to Management

Focus on the employees you have and build from there. When I was hired I asked how many people make it through the first 6 week sales objective? what I should have asked how many people are still here that you hired last year?

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time

Pros

They give you everything you need to be successful, but you have to put in the work.

Cons

Nothing in life is perfect. They have a few areas that could be improved, but you only hurt yourself if you get a negative attitude about it

Advice to Management

Give new managers more time to make a difference. I saw two good managers leave unfortunately.

12 Sep 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this positive review! We strive to provide our agents with the support and training they need to be successful in the field, so it's great to hear that you... More

"Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Family oriented. Good benefit. Good location.

Cons

New hired people are treated better than the current employees.

Advice to Management

Apply equal pay to everyone. Not just paying the new hired people based on the market and forget about the others who worked their lives in this company.

7. "I love this company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bedford, NH (US)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Bedford, NH (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The workplace environment is amazing with the pma Philosophy( positive mental attitude) I am in charge of my schedule and income. They train at all levels after 13 yes I still get great training and support from my management team.

Cons

This is sales!!! If you can't handle that this is not the career path for you. Most people that have many cons about combined just couldn't do it and rather than admit it blame this great organization. This company has given my family a new life. I make such figures and have secured financial freedom.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

20 Sep 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this positive review! We work hard to make sure our employees get the training and support they need, so it's great to hear that after 13 years you still... More

8. "Sales Coordinator"

Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in Albany, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in Albany, NY (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very rewarding career
    Outstanding training infield and daily classroom

Cons

Be prepared to work hard !
    Paid based on your efforts and performance

Advice to Management

More management meetings

12 Sep 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this positive review! We especially appreciate hearing from our current employees. It is our goal to provide our employees with the training they need to be... More

"Newbie: I'm in training now in Chicago."

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So far so good. I have just completed my 3rd day of training. So I'm writing this review from my hotel. I am very excited about this new opportunity. I have read some of the reviews on here some negative some positive but I am never going to allow my self to be discouraged by someone else's failure. I will say that this training is intense but I know its going to pay off and I look forward to doing another review in 3 months to update you on my success. The breakfast at the hotel is very good and the company pays for everything. They fly you in and pay for your lodging. They give you a prepaid credit card that you can use for food and things that you need. My trainer is very knowledgeable and has a great sense of humor. My room is very clean . They shuttle you to and from training and the cafeteria food is pretty darn good. As far as income potential they really give you a positive out look.

Cons

They throw a lot at you in a short time. You have to stay on your toes and memorize a lot of information but you know the old saying no pain no gain.

29 Aug 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this positive review! We love hearing your perspective, as someone currently in training. Our talented trainers work hard to prepare our new agents for... More

"Long hours ok pay poor training"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay if you are good with people.

Cons

Long hours (5 to 6 10 to 12 hour days) an excessive amount of meetings. Meetings twice a week and sent out of town for meetings about once a month effectively losing 2 days of field work.