De La Rue Reviews

Found 125 of over 144 reviews

3.5
De La Rue CEO Clive Vacher
Clive Vacher
Pros
  • "In under a year of working at De La Rue I have been on three training courses and been offered opportunities to take more and even do an MBA(in 8 reviews)

• "people good(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Senior Management spent and then created debt(in 8 reviews)

• "Poor management and cooumnications leads to low customer satisfaction(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Development and healthy challenge

May 9, 2022 - Senior Product Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supporting of career aspirations and develop their staff well

Cons

Complex products and problems to manage

Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We appreciate your balanced feedback and are happy to hear of your positive experience working for De La Rue

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great

Jul 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Things are moving on up

Cons

Departments are still very much Siloed

Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We collate the feedback we receive and share it with our senior management.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Clear way forward

Apr 20, 2022 - Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Strong focussed senior leadership and CEO - Clear direction and strategy for the business - Strong work life balance and hybrid working policy - Managers care about the employees

Cons

- Not the most glamorous of office locations

Communications Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive feedback - thank you.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

De La Rue

Feb 27, 2022 - Supply Chain in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good for money making and overtime

Cons

Long hours and the night shifts

Communications Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your honesty and will ensure all feedback is shared with senior leaders.

5. 5.0

Cutting Edge

Nov 15, 2021 - Operations Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team working is a major plus

Cons

Disconnect with sales team is a real issue

Communications Manager

Thanks for your positive review. We will ensure that your feedback is shared with the leadership team.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Archaic

Dec 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Some lovely people around the business that deserve more recognition than they received. - Interesting history - Canteen is nice - Reasonable employee benefits

Cons

- Management came across as pompous and not approachable - Limited flexibility with hours - Needed to be modernised

1 person found this review helpful

Communications Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We create a summary of the reviews for our leadership teams and will ensure yours is included.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent place to work

Sep 17, 2021 - Senior Scientist in Basingstoke, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really friendly people and great environment

Cons

Management weren't very organised with deadlines and expectations

Communications Manager

Many thanks for leaving us a review. We are pleased you had a positive experience working for De La Rue

8. 3.0

Good Company to work

Sep 7, 2021 - Project Manager in Basingstoke, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

friendly and nice environment to work in. Knowledgeable people.

Cons

The organizational process is not clear between the areas.

Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your views. We appreciate all the feedback we receive.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

very good

Aug 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best place to work. Nice people and environment. decent pay and work like balance very good

Cons

Nothing I can think about Nothing I can think about Nothing I can think about Nothing I can think about

Communications Manager

Thank you so much for your review. We are so pleased you enjoyed working for De La Rue.

10. 2.0

Toxic atmosphere, failing business

Aug 19, 2021 - Bid Manager in Basingstoke, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some interesting products and a few really good staff. A business with a lot of history in innovation still trying to remain relevant

Cons

Management changes every 5 minutes, the business is being broken up and sold off, just a matter of time before a competitor buys up the remaining business at a low price. The low point was the utter shambles around the passport contract and exit of one CEO for another. No pay rise in years, no annual review so the whole pay review exercise is a joke. The sales team do nothing and get treated and paid like pop stars whilst the rest of the business helps them to earn their bonus and frequent flier points.

1 person found this review helpful

Communications Manager

Thanks for your candid feedback and we are sorry to hear of your experiences. We create a summary of the reviews for our leadership teams and will ensure yours is included.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 125 Reviews

De La Rue Reviews FAQs

De La Rue has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 144 reviews left anonymously by employees. 53% of employees would recommend working at De La Rue to a friend and 38% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, De La Rue employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at De La Rue. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

53% of De La Rue employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated De La Rue 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 2.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at De La Rue to be benefits, career development, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with De La Rue Job Seekers