DigiOutsource Reviews

Updated 8 Jul 2020

3.5
DigiOutsource CEO 	David Stevenson (no image)
David Stevenson
  1. "Don't bother with HR"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cape Town

I worked at DigiOutsource full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good coffee at their coffee bar. The baristas, cleaners and personal trainers at the gym were the most pleasant people working there. It does not require a lot of intelligence to move up in the system, you just need to agree with your managers and do what is required of work.

Cons

HR will only act on what benefit the company, and will gaslight you if you bring forth any issues, and respond in passive aggressive ways. They will not be flexible in with shifts even if the employees safety depends on it. The salaries are so low that you do not have a chance to find safer alternatives to transportation on a regular basis. Several men at the company made inappropriate comments, and one manager sent me explicit nudes without consent.

Continue reading

"Good company except for management"

Former Employee - Intermediate Software Engineer in Cape Town
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at DigiOutsource full-time for more than a year

Pros

Clear growth paths, if you are eager and put in the work. Eagerness in adopting new tech. Friendly co workers

Cons

Non technical and inexperienced management, causes friction between devs and management. General level of technical competence is low.

Continue reading

"Difficult work life balance"

Former Employee - Intermediate Software Engineer in Cape Town
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at DigiOutsource full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great perks and benefits. Lots of people to meet and many ways your career can grow.

Cons

Prepare to invest your life in this company, this is a 24/7 business and if you work hard you can get somewhere but the costs are high. Lots of office politics taking place and upper management somewhat resembles a Game of Thrones Episodes with people being regularly blamed for shortcomings and failed deliveries.

June 2, 2020Corporate Brand Marketer and Content Writer

Thank you for taking the time to review DigiOutsource. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the perks, benefits, many career growth opportunities, and meeting lots of people while part of the Digi family. However, we are of course sorry to hear that this did not assist to create the desired work life balance. At DigiOutsource, in our global, 24/7 environment, we endeavour to maintain our peoples’ work life balance through the many benefits and perks provided. Again, thank you for the feedback.

4. "Lot's of career opportunities"

4.0
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing

I have been working at DigiOutsource full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of opportunities to climb in your career Free lunch Nice colleagues

Cons

No option to work from home more than 12 days a year. Some departments doesn't allow it at all.

"Good for a short amount of time"

Former Employee - Customer Care Advisor in Cape Town

I worked at DigiOutsource full-time for more than a year

Pros

opportunity to change position within the company, good salary compared to other companies in Cape Town, good benefits

Cons

HR knows about the many flaws in the management and doesn't do anything about it, promotions are ofter decided before even being posted, problems are often hidden instead of taken care. It was about 5 years ago, I hope it changed

June 2, 2020Corporate Brand Marketer and Content Writer

Thank you for your feedback. We do hope that you are keeping well all these years later. It must be said that we encourage our Digi people to live the Digi value, ‘Honest Conversations’, every single day, and hope that this value is a driving force behind daily interactions with colleagues. Thanks again and all the best.

6. "The most horrific experience of my life!! Working at DIGI almost cost me my life"

1.0
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Coach in Cape Town

I worked at DigiOutsource full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent salary for young people starting out Free food + gym (that's it)

Cons

I was forced to run away and resign from my job out of complete fear for my physical safety, as the men from this company are disgusting animals with zero respect for women. Many men from DIGI are hard, rough, cruel, BULLIES and as women we had to deal with sexual harassment and sexual assault on a daily basis too. We lived with and had to deal with a RAPE CULTURE every single day as men would walk around feeling our bodies belong to them. (I have a current court case running against DIGI and I have proof that they did not do a "full clean up" to create a better, healthier and safer working environment for women. Most perpetrators still exist in the business and have even received promotions) I have witnessed many of my female colleagues fall into deep depression (seeing psychologists and psychiatrists, being medicated to help them cope with the horrific work culture, some women even ending up in hospitals and suicidal). Management (top to bottom) are bullies overall, HR included. Some of the women tend to be bullies as well. The company uses bullying to fill employees with fear and uses that fear to control and micromanage. Management uses all the right words to fool you into believing they care for your wellbeing, but their actions all prove otherwise. Sugarcoated lies! DIGI works on favouritism throughout the business! Some will get away with the most unacceptable behavior, while others will be 'beaten' for ANY and ALL small errors. (Even simply going to the toilet) I can write BOOKS on my experience as an employee and it took me 1 year to heal and recover from my deep depression from being an employee of this company. To date, many employees still reach out to me with the exact same issues I experienced over a year ago. It is shameful. I worked at both DigiOutsource and DigiOutbound and the culture is the same throughout. Horrific enough that I now address the pile of employee issues on a public level. Too many lives have been destroyed to date, therefore it is my social responsibility to fight to put an end to this life destroying culture and behavior.

June 3, 2020Corporate Brand Marketer and Content Writer

Allow us to first correct an untruth: this ex-employee did not work for DigiOutsource for 3-4 years as claimed, but rather for just over 1 year ending back in 2017. I have worked at DigiOutsource for over 15 years, and respectfully take issue with what this ex-employee says about the culture there and at the Digi Outbound business unit. In my experience, the Digi group has a strong culture of respect for others regardless of race, gender or sexual orientation. Unfortunately it is also true that individuals employed at any company do not always show this same level of respect for others. It is true that this ex-employee was subjected to sexual harassment at one of the company’s business units. But it is equally true that the company acted quickly to fire all the employees that were implicated in the harassment. I don’t think many firms would have been as decisive in dealing with sexual harassment in the workplace. This ex-employee was also offered two year’s salary to compensate what happened to her, although she declined this. Perhaps she now regrets this decision, and is now trying to get more money out of the company. How else can one explain her misguided media campaign against the company instead of taking action against the individuals who harassed her. The fact is that Digi is a great place to work. Staff surveys show time and again that Digi employees enjoy their jobs and the financial rewards that come with it. All companies have issues from time to time, but not many deal with them as decisively as Digi does. I am proud to be a Digi employee.

"A great place to work"

4.0

I have been working at DigiOutsource full-time

Pros

Like everything about this place

Cons

Can't think of any now

May 18, 2020Corporate Brand Marketer and Content Writer

We are so thrilled to have you as part of the Digi family, and look forward to a long and prosperous time together!

"Very nice company to work, opportunity to grow."

5.0

I have been working at DigiOutsource

Pros

Daily Free meal, Free Gym, Medical AID.

Cons

Working hours is Shifts, not much weekend off. Night shifts.

February 28, 2020Corporate Brand Marketer and Content Writer

Thank you for your positive feedback of working at DigiOutsource, we are thrilled to have you as part of our team.

"Great place"

Former Employee - HVc Acc Manager

I worked at DigiOutsource full-time

Pros

Great place to build your professional portfolio

Cons

I enjoyed my short stay

February 3, 2020Corporate Brand Marketer and Content Writer

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, we are so pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience in the short time that you were with us. We wish you all the best with your future career endeavors.

"Good Company, with a great culture"

Former Employee - Management in Tallinn

I worked at DigiOutsource full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- Many Perks and Benefits - Option to travel abroad depending on your job role - Loads of training and opportunities for further development - Great Executive Leadership - Open door policy - you can literally speak with anyone, at any level - Executive Leadership are strategic visionaries, they're almost like movie characters. They are what makes Digioutsource such an amazing place to work at. - Sustainable company looking at long-term growth. If you're keen to build a career, this is the place for you. Numerous opportunities for growth, if you're open to it. - Company spends a lot of time investing in your growth at an individual personalized level.

Cons

After many years at the company, absolutely none

November 5, 2019Corporate Brand Marketer

Thank you for the great review. We’re glad that you enjoyed our culture, the benefits and career opportunities made available to you. We truly appreciate your 10+ years of commitment to the success of our business, and wish you all the best for your future career prospects.

Found 37 reviews