FleishmanHillard Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.4
FleishmanHillard CEO John Saunders
John Saunders
Pros
Cons
  • "the importance of work life balance’ yet overworked employees fall down like apples in autumn(in 54 reviews)

• "Long hours but that's the nature of the Agency life(in 53 reviews)

1. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at FleishmanHillard full-time for less than a year

Pros

Personal growth and training, supportive team members, interesting work. Great benefits, everyone is very friendly, and most importantly of all: good work is recognised

Cons

Quite honestly not many cons I can think of. A lot of work to do in a small time, and the location is unfortunately quite convenient for me, but neither these reflect on the company as a whole!

Advice to Management

The only management interaction I really have is with my line manager and the director of my team, both of whom are very supportive and helpful.

FleishmanHillard2015-11-05
  2. "Good agency"

I have been working at FleishmanHillard full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Global agency with lots of opportunities

Cons

Some people weren’t very nice

FleishmanHillard2018-10-17
  3. "Great people"

I worked at FleishmanHillard full-time

Pros

Great people and opportunities to travel

Cons

Low pay and a strict hierarchy

FleishmanHillard2017-11-27

"Social Media Strategy"

I worked at FleishmanHillard

Pros

Very well paid, potential to do great things, exciting career opportunities, high-profile clients

Cons

Abysmal team managers who had absolutely no idea of how to lead a project. Therefore, the project/campaign strategy was completely disorganised and flawed. Terrible working environment with very little support or direction from senior leadership.

Advice to Management

Look closely at who you are promoting to steer the ships, or the ships may just sink!

FleishmanHillard2017-06-08

"Getting better but not great yet - probably 3.5 stars"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, England

I worked at FleishmanHillard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly people, decent location, big clients and a solid training experience (particularly for junior team members). The pay is fair and the senior leaders are very approachable and encouraging. Culture has been improving recently and the HR team is solid. Work-life balance can be good or terrible, depending on which team you're in.

Cons

Expect to work on a lot of very tedious, predictable campaigns and boring accounts. There's little interest in pushing clients to take bigger risks and as a result, the company always gets low scores for "innovation." In reality, you're unlikely to be on accounts where you'll actually do award-winning work and genuine creativity is pretty rare. Pay is fair but if you want a raise or a promotion you will have to... jump through a lot of hoops and accept that there's a lot of favoritism. Line management is hit or miss.

FleishmanHillard2017-03-21

"Exhausting"

Former Employee - Account Executive, Healthcare in London, England

I worked at FleishmanHillard full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Name recognition: You can put FH and work with household brands - Some genuinely amazing people - you do learn (but in a way that really grinds you down and makes you feel awful)

Cons

- EVERYTHING'S an emergency and people just work NON-STOP. - People who showed absolute disrespect for others were awarded. i had someone shout at me for not responding to a client within an hour. Really negative stuff - Bankside was just cold, no atmosphere, probably because everyone is panicked all the time - Not a lot of creativity on my accounts, or anything 'new' that they were doing. - Poor guidance and... intimidating feedback

Advice to Management

- Listen to your employees - Be aware and act when it's clear people are either being intentionally intimidating, are over-worked (including those that eagerly work all evening until late). Just far too many people on my team that I saw upset or exhausted - Listen to young people's creative idea and emerging technologies - Push back on unreasonable client demands and expectations - Be nice to each other

FleishmanHillard2017-03-03
  7. "Director"

Head of BlueCurrent UK and Client Relationship Manager in London, England

I have been working at FleishmanHillard for more than a year

Pros

There's a good culture for more junior staff members, good client base

Cons

Not enough focus on cultivating staff's digital skills

FleishmanHillard2017-02-01
  8. "After 6 Months"

Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at FleishmanHillard full-time

Pros

FH has an world-class global network and very impressive client portfolio. Certainly not shortage of talent to learn from and collaborate with.

Cons

Culture at the company seems a bit lost; people are lovely but no holistic vision that drives the company the majority of the time.

Advice to Management

Operationalise the key principles and practices you want to see from your employees. If you can shape a culture with norms, the company will execute its business strategy with far greater achievements.

FleishmanHillard2017-01-30

"Stifling, corporate and cut throat"

Former Employee - Creative in London, England

I worked at FleishmanHillard full-time for more than a year

Pros

They appreciated that I was a different kind of hire, and they tried to foster my abilities witihin the rigid corporate structures that have been embedded within the company structure.

Cons

They say that they're interested in fostering creativity but have such arcane processes that creativity never shines through. And, saying that, they aren't aware of their competitive position. They are a corporate friendly, run of the mill PR agency. They either need to break away from their rigid structures in order to compete with the agencies whcih they believe they are competing with, or they need to accept... that they are the non-progressive PR firm that they are. This company is fine if you're somebody who needs 'big name agency experience' to help you to get ahead; that's what I did. But it broke me a little bit. I felt undervalued, overworked and got little out of my work. That might just be me. I was not the right fit for the company. If you are, I'm sure that they will do everything they can to make you want to climb the ladder. Be more open to change. And when people need to be fired (note - not me), which is inevitable in a struggling business, do it in a way that informs both the teams that these people were involved with and the managers of the colleagues. I know, on multiple occasions, that this didn't happen. Foster a company that's both transparent with its decisions, and honest with its staff. FH's marketing is all about authenticity. Own it. Also, one of the main issues that FH has is retention of staff. Give staff a reason to stay. When wage increases happen - which I was grateful for - I knew that it would be a 3k raise. Everyone knows the basic wage raises. Own the corporate structures, don't make it seem like the basic (still, like I said, really good) raise as part of the corporate structure. And create a company structure that applauds difference. Not the people who naturally, and quietly, blend into the corporation. Find the people who make a difference, and will make the FH brand shine, and make them your champions.

Advice to Management

Senior management would say that they wanted to champion creativity, But they (probably rightly) sided with traditional PR campaigns. And even though 'creative thinkers' were brought in to present more overtly creative thinking to prospective customers, the ideas were never really taken seriously. Make the creatives in the company feel valued. It's important. At the moment, and I believe that it's still true,... people are using FH to add to their resume. Give them a reason to stay,

FleishmanHillard2016-12-16
  10. "Culturally as good as it gets"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at FleishmanHillard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fantastic culture, supportive, respectful. Great opportunities to travel. Doing some really exciting work for great brands

Cons

Sometimes let being nice stand in the way of brilliance

FleishmanHillard2016-07-02