HCBR Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

HCBR Group Reviews

Updated 29 May 2017

2.8
  1. "Sr Payroll Specialist"

Payroll Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at HCBR Group for less than a year

Pros

The location is in the Buckhead area and is great!!!

Cons

The work environment is very different...

HCBR Group2017-05-30
  2. "Extremely Disappointing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at HCBR Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Besides using an incredible payroll software called Prism HR, the pros were great at one time, but they dwindled down to zero at the time of my voluntary departure.

Cons

After a huge shake up at the top in early 2015 where the VP resigned and others were either laid off or resigned, the company has been floundering ever since. No sense of who is in control or the direction of the company's future.

Advice to Management

Sell off the remaining clients to a well known PEO and call it a day.

HCBR Group2016-01-13
  3. "Challenging yet Rewarding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at HCBR Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to gain experience. Co-workers pull together to get the job done when up against a deadline. Family oriented environment. Management acknowledges the hard work we put in and is willing to stay late to work on projects with the staff.

Cons

Long hours at times in order to get a task completed. Communication between office locations need improvement.

Advice to Management

Offer more training prior to implementing a new software. This will help the staff feel better prepared before going live.

HCBR Group2014-10-15
  4. "Great company to work for...office feels like a family with plenty of room for upward mobility."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HCBR Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

HCBR has been a great place to work because you feel like you are part of a team. The small business culture helps in the training process and support of individual growth within the company. Even in stressful situations, management offers a calm and collected approach to problem solving. Perfect work-life balance.

Cons

Busy seasons can be hectic but rewarding. Hard work and dedication is often acknowledged by management.

HCBR Group2014-10-09

"Love My Job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HCBR Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Our Chicago office has a great working team environment! Management asks our opinions on new ideas on how we can better our programs. A number of recent promotions out of our offices due to growth. There is a lot of training going on (maybe a little more than needed).

Cons

Benefits/Compensation could be a little better, but I know company is working on new programs for 2015.

Advice to Management

Would like to see the Atlanta office and Chicago office work better together. Both offices work well, but would like to see less (This is the Chicago office ..... This is the Atlanta office).....and more of we are one team! Other than that... keep up the good work!

HCBR Group2014-10-02

"Would not recommend it.."

I worked at HCBR Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The other employees. It's a cool staff and they'll keep you sane.

Cons

There is no organization and everyone is too busy trying to blame someone than fix things. They take advantage of you, and don't respect your time or effort. Everything is always last minute and we always get told "just do it". Nothing is planned. Promotions happen here because of favoritism not performance. And to be favored you have to work really long hours. No one makes it more than about a year. There is a LOT... of turn over. The management team lacks any real direction or knowledge. Especially the main guy. He lies to clients and employees making promises he can keep. Then you get yelled at for not delivering what he promised. Then he tells the client it's your fault. It's a horrible cycle. They talk about improvements but it never happens.

Advice to Management

Replace the main guy. He has no idea what he's doing. He is such a negative energy and is mean. It's bad when the main one that talks about "morale" is the problem.

HCBR Group2014-10-10

"Not a good company to work for. Management will through you under the bus for their own incompetence"

I worked at HCBR Group full-time

Pros

Cannot think of any- poor work environment. Management doe snot care about the employees.

Cons

Formerly "Services Inc Solutions", changed it's name because it had such a bad reputation with clients.

Advice to Management

SHut your doors

HCBR Group2014-09-06
  8. "Great Opportunity"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at HCBR Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ideas are welcome here, work hard and get promoted. Great room for growth in a evolving company. Everyone has the same goal, success is earned.

Cons

Offices need to work together a little better, work on the communication.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, train and retain.

HCBR Group2014-03-06
  9. "New Direction"

I have been working at HCBR Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone seems to get along well. Recently with the new system, on boarding procedure and internal implementations, employees in both office locations seemed to come together. With current changes, I am starting to see managers caring more about the foundation of the company vs. sales or the bottom line.

Cons

With the recent departure from the parent company, finding a direction to develop or improve from the "old ways" doesn't come as quickly as I would like. Also, not everyone is a fan of change, but I do see that its developing checks and balances for everyone in the oranganzation.

Advice to Management

Continue to have faith in your team. If we all work together, we will get to the goals you as upper management is trying to put in place.

HCBR Group2014-02-19
  10. "Great work environment with challenging work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HCBR Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

HCBR Group is a great place to gain experince with a good work/life balance.You are surrounded by inspiring and brilliant people at all times. HCBR Group has a very entrepreneurial work atmosphere where YOU set your bar and excel. This is probably one of the best companies i have worked for. You can get the most of it if you really look for the opportunities. You will be placed with several high profile clients and... are able to interact with people from around the world.

Cons

It's perhaps not marketed as strongly as some of it's competitors, but i do see this changing and moving in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep employees involved and taking feedback with a positive attitude.

HCBR Group2014-01-23