Hanson Wade Reviews

Found 76 of over 78 reviews

4.3
Hanson Wade CEO Tom Richardson
Tom Richardson
Pros
  • "I started at Hanson Wade after graduating, and produced three conferences before leaving(in 14 reviews)

• "Career progression is very good and you learn a lot on the job(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Slight growing pains, but nothing that senior management aren't ironing out(in 6 reviews)

• "calls a day, no clear career progression, untrained managers, long hours into the evening 9 finish(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture and career options

May 5, 2021 - Business Development Mnaager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture within the teams and supportive management. Money is great. Great support.

Cons

Direct management is really supportive but HR support could be better.

Chief Executive Officer (CEO)

Thank you for your review and kind comments. We work hard on the culture and I'm glad that came through for you. On HR I am very proud of the staff we have in the team but there is more we can do to build around them. We are planning a series of investments over the next year which will see the team double (from 3 to 6), a new senior leader join us and our HR technology upgraded.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Awful work culture

Oct 1, 2021 - Business Development Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you’re white you’ll get on with people

Cons

One of the strangest places I’ve ever worked. If you weren’t white, you would struggle to mingle with your team. My team didn’t invite me to lunches, drinks after work or the teams WhatsApp group. I even saw other black / brown staff stick with each other because people were so divided. The office was pop your head phones in and focus on work. Nobody asked how you were or how your weekend was. Felt very robotic the environment. Definitely would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. Worst place I’ve ever worked. I’m not a picky person, this was just an awful environment.

Chief Executive Officer (CEO)

Thank you for your review. Your experience sounds terrible and not close to what we would hope for anyone who works for us. If you feel comfortable, please reach out to me on my email (Tom Richardson in the normal HW email format) or to HR at HR@hansonwade.com, I'd love to hear your feedback directly and make some changes.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to supercharge your career

Aug 20, 2021 - Marketing Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of talented individuals with brilliant ideas working towards the idea that they're going to be the best at what they deliver. They love what they do, the company employee dynamics range from fresh faced graduates to pioneering mature professionals I loved that if you had ideas you'd be enabled to do them with a clear framework and rationale for most things and it helped you get the job done and achieve a MVP in getting things done.

Cons

Some of the systems and processes aren't quite there and HW works on two business models in one frame work (soon to be three) which has its challenges. Whilst you know what you sign up for with the work, sometimes it's very overwhelming. Once a month I find myself spending a week working late nights to get something done.

Chief Executive Officer (CEO)

Thank you for your review. I'm delighted that you got so much from the experience and the people that you met here. You are right about the challenge of building out the systems to sustain the new products. We’ll keep working on that.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company, only getting better

Apr 10, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is a real vision and plan to company growth which is yielding great results. But as well as being focussed on growth, they are very focussed on making sure staff are happy, believing that this leads to better results- which is true! They also handled the covid situation very cleverly, and will be a stronger company as a result.

Cons

Nothing major at all, just the usual conference industry challenges - not every event is a success and it’s pretty fast paced. But if you work well in a highly commercial environment then that’s fine!

Chief Executive Officer (CEO)

Thank you for your kind comments. In our management academy we teach that "There is no gap between the happiness and engagement of your people and your commercial performance". We have built the company on that ethos and there is no business principle I believe more. We will continue trying to live up to it.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Company

Mar 28, 2021 - Business Development Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and reward when you put the effort in.

Cons

Covered d has impacted sales but the company has a great foundation and will get through it.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company for learning a lot at the start of your career

Mar 3, 2021 - Marketing Assistant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

culture and people make it really worth it

Cons

salary is low, and doesn't increase much when getting promoted

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good

Mar 1, 2021 - Fund Accountant in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic people and business trips

Cons

Not good views from the office

8. 5.0

People first

Feb 18, 2021 - Researcher in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

opportunity to grow and develop

Cons

fast paced, hard to strike work-life balance

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to start your career

Jan 29, 2021 - DA Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good progression, great team, friendly staff

Cons

Base could be higher but OTE makes up for it

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good earning potential

Feb 9, 2021 - Delegate Acquisition Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good earning potential for recent graduates. Opportunity to learn a lot about pharma and biotech industry, and stay up to date with latest therapies. Speaking regularly with industry leaders and KOLs is a great experience.

Cons

As most conferences are in the US, you must work on their time - which means working late into the evening everyday.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 76 Reviews