Headspace Reviews

Found 132 of over 142 reviews

3.5
Headspace CEO CeCe Morken
CeCe Morken
Pros
  • "Can't say enough about the people Headspace attracts(in 22 reviews)

• "Work/Life Balance, Sympathetic Management, Passionate People(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "general lack of interest/motivation amongst tenured headspace employees makes it hard to get things done(in 21 reviews)

• "it's a startup so expect growing pains and average managers getting their barrings and what not(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

60 Comments

Tech

234K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Headspace~984335
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0

Great company

Jan 11, 2022 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mission, people, brand and the intentional culture

Cons

Fast paced and high growth which can mean a less balance work / life

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good company culture

Nov 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working, dynamic team, good workplace culture, good benefits

Cons

In such a large company it can sometimes be difficult to feel heard

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great culture

Sep 20, 2021 - Partner Success Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very employee focus and love representing such and amazing product

Cons

challenging structure as growing company

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Luckiest job in the world

Jun 27, 2018 - Headspace for Work - AE in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Mission: I have been a Headspace for nearly 3 years now, and I can safely say with my tenure and experience, it has been an incredible journey so far, one that I feel fortunate to be a part of, no matter the ups or the downs. To work for a company with a mission to improve the health and happiness of the world, as ambitious as it is, is not a joke and I feel beyond fortunate to know that all the work we do contributes towards bringing the practice of meditation to as many people as possible. - Friends - I have made life long friends over the last few years, and learn from my colleagues every day. The people here are kind, smart and always willing to go the extra mile. You'll also laugh. A lot. - Career progression - I have held several roles within the company over my time here, settling on my latest one over a year ago having joined the company not really sure what my long term goal was. I personally could not feel more fulfilled, fired up, or excited to learn more. Management have only shown me that if you are someone that is willing to work hard, add value and show with humility how you can contribute to a fast growing company, you will be rewarded. - Culture: One thing I value above all is that we are encouraged to walk the walk and be ourselves at Headspace. We are allowed to have open and honest conversations, and challenge ideas if we don't agree. This comes right from the top of the company. It's awesome and I don't know many others who get to work in a culture like that.

Cons

I don't have any - it's a fast growing company, which is exciting but of course brings the usual challenges as teams grow and scale, none of which is new. Don't let that put you off.

6 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great ambition, impact driven and great people - reviews don't do it justice

Jun 14, 2018 - Senior Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Genuinely helping people to become healthier and happier Mission comes above everything. Smart, capable, open people and culture. Ambitious company.

Cons

Trying to offer a new habit in society is tough : ) Everyone is still working a lot of stuff out, but I think this is fun - it's a start up in a very new category

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Hired then fired

Jun 22, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice work space Nice people Start up vibe

Cons

No Development Senior Management seems chaotic Seems like new investors are taking charge now - changing company ethos

11 people found this review helpful
    7. 2.0
      Former Employee

Co-founders values at odds with one another

Jun 16, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful mission - to make the world a happier place. We need more companies with missions like these. Also Andy is a fantastic guy. He really is like he sounds and his translation of Buddhist teachings into palatable modern day culture are fantastic.

Cons

The other co founder doesn't embody the values of the company. He is basically interested in himself and the status of building a large company, that could have been selling anything. He's very good at branding but is not authentic.

15 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Honestly - the best company I've worked for.

Oct 25, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

* We have a beautiful and creative workspace. * Majority, if not all, of the staff uses the product and embodies the mission. * The perks are excellent. Most start-ups will boast about free snacks and happy hours as perks. Headspace provides REAL perks like healthy catered lunches, gym memberships, yoga classes, courses to learn new skills. I can go on and on. * Management is very transparent. That's rare in my experience. * Most importantly, you know you're making a difference, as an employee of Headspace, and impacting the world in a very meaningful way.

Cons

* We're growing quickly so there are the typical pain points that most technology companies experience at this rate. The positive is that we're well aware of it and are not ignoring it.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing place to work

Jun 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Headspace has been such a joy to work for over the last several years. The thing that has stood out the most are that the people are so kind, and all of the leaders I have interacted with care about your career growth. This is a really great place to lean on mentors who well help you find your path in Tech. Oh and every other week Friday is off for mental health!

Cons

The recent merger between Headspace and Ginger has made work a lot harder for everyone.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great culture

Jun 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and values driven work

Cons

High workload and short contracts

Viewing 1 - 10 of 132 Reviews

Headspace Reviews FAQs

Headspace has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 142 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at Headspace to a friend and 56% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Headspace employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Headspace. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

65% of Headspace employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Headspace 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Headspace Job Seekers