IFTTT Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.7
IFTTT CEO   Chris Kibarian
Chris Kibarian
1 Rating
  1. "Great values and hard-working team members"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at IFTTT full-time for more than a year

Pros

The team at IFTTT is collaborative, friendly, respectful, and great problem solvers. Being a start-up, we all have a wide range of responsibilities here, which is exciting because no two days are the same. It's refreshing how supportive management is when you need time to reset (unlimited PTO). With such a small team, it's easy to receive (and give) recognition to others within the company, which you'll never really get at any other large company.

Cons

We are a very hard-working team, which is a great attribute to have when your team is lean. You'll sometimes have to take on other responsibilities you may not have originally anticipated, especially if you're coming from a big organization where roles are more focused on a specialty. Stairs only in the building, which I guess can be considered a "pro" for some people who can't make it to the gym during the day!

IFTTT2020-03-27
  2. "Intern"

I worked at IFTTT part-time

Pros

Good service and benefits, easy employment

Cons

not fun, kinda boring but still friendly

IFTTT2019-03-27

"Best company I've worked for. My engineering and team skills have expanded way beyond what I expected."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at IFTTT full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Amazing and humble coworkers to learn and have enriching discussions with - Brand loved by lots of people - You have a voice regardless of your experience level - A team that fosters diversity - Candid feedback has become easier for people to give/receive - Lots of unique hardware devices to test integrations with - Incredibly flexible WFH/vacation policies - The culture at IFTTT is fantastic: creative and witty people, weekly team forums, art and doodles all over the walls, dogs!

Cons

- Unclear career paths - Lacking fitness and wellness benefits

IFTTT2018-06-30
  4. "Great engineering team"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at IFTTT full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The engineering team has a lot of smart people that are easy to work with - Everyone at the company cares about the product and doing good work - It is a small team and each person has a significant impact - The company is transparent and open about its direction and plans - Convenient location and comfortable office - Inclusive and supportive environment

Cons

- Teams could run a bit too lean leading to slower than desired progress on some initiatives

IFTTT2018-06-29
  5. "Great Energy, Super Nice People!"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at IFTTT

Pros

People there are super creative, friendly and helpful. A cool place to work in. They know what they are doing and what it takes to grow.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of currently.

IFTTT2017-12-05
  6. "My perspective is valued and appreciated"

I have been working at IFTTT full-time for more than a year

Pros

- They value my input and my passion - They encourage me to find the right way for IFTTT (even if it's not the way other companies do it) - They support my career growth - They respect diversity of thought and experiences - They are reasonable about expectations - They simplify processes so that I can do more - They decide what do based on the benefit it will provide compared to the cost (time/money)

Cons

- There is a lot of change, but it's completely understandable in an early stage startup - Management is still trying to figure out how to align individual projects with company priorities so it encourages ownership, initiative, and creative thinking - We're still working on product / market fit

IFTTT2017-03-23

"Awesome people and interesting problems"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at IFTTT full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very cool, close-knit team. They really focus on hiring people who fit with the company culture and it shows. You're building something from the ground up! You can speak up and work hard and make a real impact, quickly. Your opinions will be heard. Fun events and perks (like gadgets and IoT stuff), good food and a cool office space.

Cons

It's a start-up so you're resource constrained! But look at it as an opportunity to get your hands dirty, and learn to prioritize.

IFTTT2016-08-01

"Amazing People. Amazing Opportunity."

I have been working at IFTTT full-time

Pros

Talented, passionate people working on a huge mission. Interesting technical and design problems. Exposure to lots of new technology and products. Small team relative to the size of the challenge, providing many opportunities for employees to grow and influence the direction of the product and the company.

Cons

Keeping up with scale can be demanding, and working on a truly innovative product requires a high degree of flexibility and patience.

IFTTT2016-03-19

"Driven, positive, and family-friendly workplace with a huge future"

I have been working at IFTTT full-time

Pros

- People who work at IFTTT all share a desire for positivity and compassion for each other and users. - It's a hugely exciting product that has an immense future and a very strong brand. - Senior management is confident and communicates well. - Employee time outside of work is respected.

Cons

- While there is a strong vision, it can sometimes be hard to imagine the light at the end of the tunnel. - The 4 story building has no elevator.

IFTTT2016-02-28

IFTTT Response

March 31, 2016People Operations Lead

Thanks for the feedback! We love hearing that you value our family-friendly workplace. It's important that we continue to create an environment that is supportive and welcoming to a diverse group of people. We feel the burn clocking all the steps in our office too. We're lucky to have all three floors of a historic downtown SF building. We hope that our next office will be just as cool AND have an elevator! ~The Operations Team

Continue reading

"Great people, exciting future"

in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at IFTTT

Pros

- Friendly, positive and passionate culture. - Always working on something new—1000's of partners/channels in all industries. - Trail-blazing in an area with a huge opportunity. - Great reputation as a cool company in the tech industry. - Business opportunity is huge (despite what outsiders may think).

Cons

As with any pre-revenue startup there is an inherent risk. However, IFTTT is well funded to give it enough time to make rational decisions on its business model.

IFTTT2016-02-01