Imperva Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.1
Imperva CEO Chris Hylen
Chris Hylen
Pros
Cons
  • "New CEO made a lot of changes that impacted the overall atmosphere and made some good people to leave(in 9 reviews)

• "We've lost good people due to the changes going on throughout the organization(in 6 reviews)

1. "Fast paced, Great industry"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Imperva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dynamic, fun and with a real can do approach. You can make a difference to this business.

Cons

Moving at such a pace, less focus on forward strategy

Advice to Management

Communicate strategy more, get in front of the employees

Imperva2016-10-05

"Where's the plan?"

I worked at Imperva

Pros

Great technology, . Incapsula cloud service is second to none. Data and WAF are market leading. Great people, tenured sales team are very strong and great presales

Cons

No marketing. Focus is all about the revenue numbers and nothing else. Feast and famine approach to allocation of resources. Field teams are world class struggling for resources and get limited support from central functions that seem to be ballooning in size.

Advice to Management

Set out a vision for the whole company that makes it clear what the organization wants to be both as perceived by the market and the people who work there. Change the focus to helping the field teams to be successful rather than blaming them for the weaknesses of the central teams.

Imperva2016-06-06
  3. "Overall Review"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Reading, England

I have been working at Imperva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good team of people Product is becoming more relevant to the market place chance for growth and moment both for yourself and the company

Cons

smaller company so HR is based in USA which means it takes longer to get things done and looked at.

Imperva2015-11-30
  4. "Sales Development Representative"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Imperva full-time

Pros

Good and friendly culture among the EMEA SDRs. Supportive management and great possibilities to get good commission if targets are hit.

Cons

Technology sales is not the easiest, especially when there is a shortage in technical resources.

Imperva2014-10-21
  5. "Really great company that does not get due credit"

Current Employee - Director in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Imperva is made up of an amazing group of employees. Hardworking, friendly and most importantly proud of the company they have built. There is so much opportunity here to do amazing and challenging work that it will set you up nicely for amazing growth in your overall career. Our CEO, Chris Hylen, has received a lot of negative feedback here. I think people have painted him far more negatively than required. He is an...

Cons

To take the company to new heights we need make changes or else we will become stale. Change is hard and we are working through it. But there is a lot of potential ahead and the future is bright.

Advice to Management

Keep at it. Don't give up. the future is ours to take.

Imperva2019-04-04
  6. "Keeping it real!"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in Lincoln, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work, excellent benefits and retirement, and CARING. Contrary to most posts on here, Chris Hylen is a GENUINE and CARING person. He not only cares about the direction of the company, he cares about the individuals working to continue keeping this company successful. He is OPEN to discuss matters that may arise, no matter what position you hold with the company - A true open door policy! I absolutely LOVE...

Cons

It is going through a transition and work to create uniform procedures. It may seem a bit disheveled, but does not hinder your job.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work Chris! I really believe in you and look forward to our success!

Imperva2019-04-02
  7. "A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Imperva has a smart strategy, incredible people and a caring and passionate leadership team. What more could you ask for? The possibilities and opportunities at Imperva are endless. There is room to get involved in any project or task and understand all different angles of the business. People treat one another with kindness and are open to one another. If you are self-motivated and career driven, this is the place to...

Cons

System efficiencies. We have outgrown a lot of our systems and most don't talk to one another. This is being addressed and work streams are targeting specific projects. In reality, this is an opportunity to put new systems and processes in place that can scale with the growth of the company. Again for those looking for career development, this is just one of many areas to get involved in different projects to add to your...

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Your openness to listen and be present to your staff and others says a lot about you as individuals and leaders. Make sure you reward yourselves also. You work extremely hard to help create this fantastic experience at Imperva. Your selfless and humble and should be rewarded much more because of it. It is truly an honor to work with and learn from such a great leadership team.

Imperva2019-04-02
  8. "Exciting times"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Tel Aviv-Yafo

I have been working at Imperva full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great technological challenges to work on, changes which causes us to work on more new projects, great people to work with, and a cross-team-collaboration, which is not something to take lightly! Also, in my time in Imperva, I've seen a lot of good people advance and get recognition.

Cons

I guess payment could have been better.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to continue adapting and changing.

Imperva2019-03-27
  9. "a great place to grow and learn from the best"

Current Employee - Engineering Leader in Rehovot

I have been working at Imperva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Imperva credo, living our values, direct intimate interaction with major customers who want us to win, protecting customers from cyber criminals, professionalism and zero office politics. Strong leadership right from the top, extremely flat organization, fact/data based decision making, and constant learning and adaptation to new information. Top notch products that are the defacto industry leaders in their field.

Cons

can move even faster, still working on some system/IT challenges due to several acquisitions. nothing that impacts daily work of the engineering.

Advice to Management

keep moving forward, keep the honest feedback internally and externally. you're on the right track

Imperva2019-03-27
  10. "Rewarding with just the right amount of challenging"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Imperva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clear, exciting strategy and vision Smart people who collaborate across functions Ability to make a difference, learn and grow Open and transparent communication Learning through experiencing and helping with transformational change Game changing future ahead

Cons

At times we have to do more with less but that can also be a good challenge Time zone differences can be obstacles to getting together to collaborate but we're getting much better at it

Found 234 reviews