Imperva Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Imperva President and CEO Chris Hylen
Chris Hylen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "New CEO made a lot of changes that impacted the overall atmosphere and made some good people to leave" (in 10 reviews)

• "Reshuffle of management team and many key positions over the past 12 months" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Fast paced, Great industry"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Imperva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dynamic, fun and with a real can do approach. You can make a difference to this business.

Cons

Moving at such a pace, less focus on forward strategy

Advice to Management

Communicate strategy more, get in front of the employees

"Where's the plan?"

Pros

Great technology, . Incapsula cloud service is second to none. Data and WAF are market leading.
    Great people, tenured sales team are very strong and great presales

Cons

No marketing.
    Focus is all about the revenue numbers and nothing else.
    Feast and famine approach to allocation of resources. Field teams are world class struggling for resources and get limited support from central functions that seem to be ballooning in size.

Advice to Management

Set out a vision for the whole company that makes it clear what the organization wants to be both as perceived by the market and the people who work there.
    Change the focus to helping the field teams to be successful rather than blaming them for the weaknesses of the central teams.

3. "Overall Review"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Reading, England

I have been working at Imperva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good team of people
    Product is becoming more relevant to the market place
    chance for growth and moment both for yourself and the company

Cons

smaller company so HR is based in USA which means it takes longer to get things done and looked at.

4. "Sales Development Representative"

I have been working at Imperva full-time

Pros

Good and friendly culture among the EMEA SDRs. Supportive management and great possibilities to get good commission if targets are hit.

Cons

Technology sales is not the easiest, especially when there is a shortage in technical resources.

"Good Place to work"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Products, Strong Peer group in territory made it fun place to work.

Cons

Biggest challenge is fighting for budget priority versus other security products.

Advice to Management

none

17 Dec 2018 – CHRO

Thank you for your review and feedback. It’s great to be recognized for our strong products and solutions, and we’re glad you enjoyed working with our outstanding teams.

6. "Imperva"

I have been working at Imperva part-time

Pros

Great people. A lot of activities for the employees.

Cons

The Salary is very low.

17 Dec 2018 – CHRO

We strive to create a great work environment and appreciate your feedback. Regarding salaries, our goal is to be competitive and fair. This means continuously evaluating our overall rewards packages... More

"The worst place to be"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Berlin (Germany)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Berlin (Germany)

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

strong solutions to sell, nice team, easy to speak to top management

Cons

If you are looking for instability, stress, 10 decisions per day, Imperva is the best one ever for this.
    Since I joined, we had 1 new manager every 6 months with new vision and strategy.
    The CEO is taking into his consideration only the US, the rest of the world does not exist for him.
    Lack of visibility, you don't know from where you start and where you are hiding.
    Big lack of presence in the market, the company refuses to invest in Marketing and Channel, and when they do, they require immediate ROI.
    All employees knew the company should be sold to be managed as nobody was able to manage it and it ended up as we expected.
    With Thoma Bravo acquisition, employees are leaving Imperva boat full of holes every day!
    I congratulate all colleagues who made the decision and left earlier, they made the best decision and left in the right moment, no regret guys and well done!!

Advice to Management

Sell potatoes and leave IT Sec industry, it's so complicated and very high-level for you!

All your competitors are working hard and doing their best to be present and active in the market and what Imperva is doing in the meantime? keeping watching them and shouting we are a leader!

4 Jan 2019 – CHRO

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. I am glad to hear that you are comfortable speaking with senior leaders in the company, and I hope that you will continue to share your thoughts and... More

"New Vibe after Thoma Bravo Acquisition Announcement"

Current Employee - Research and Development in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)
    Current Employee - Research and Development in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

After a challenging period, the company took a new road with new vibe in the air.
    Great opportunity to influence the development of new technologies and products.
    The company is very supportive, lots of events and activities.

Cons

Still a bit of incertainty till Thoma Bravo acquisition will be completed.

Advice to Management

Get to know and understand Israeli mentality and don't try to make massive cultural changes

"Sales Exec review"

I have been working at Imperva full-time

Pros

Great company great people great product

Cons

Constant changes in the company, not stable

"Game of Thrones of Information Security Vendors - Nepotism, Narcissist galore."

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many good people still putting in the hours.

Most of the technologies are still very relevant and heading in the right directions

Cons

Where do you start?

The company is being run by the boys club, who only care for themselves. Cutting down people and getting promoted for the vanity of your own ego is the rule of the day. Promoting or hiring those who know how to fluff your feathers in the right way and feed those hungry egos.

Reorganise the business, spent countless millions on Consultants, jam it down everyone’s throats, then turn around 6 months later and basically move things back to the way they were. Great stuff.

“Radically transparent” business only to have the greatest tin ear, never listen to staff, field managers, customers or partners. More concerned about a high NPS.

Staff are openly admonished in forums for not giving the right answer or questioning decisions. So, no one says anything.

Asking middle managers and staff to buy into change and new programs, burning endless hours trying to contribute. Then all of that thrown out as decisions have already been made.

Management team cringing at the sight of having to speak and interact with the minions is the best. Even customer engagements by management aren’t part of the brief now. Off-sites and extravagant meetings in faraway places are the call of the day for the management team to pat each other on the back.

Politics at all levels reigns supreme, people who are not in touch with the regime are white anted and cut down.

Great people have left the business and attrition is now accepted as “if they don’t like it, who cares”

Advice to Management

Take your payouts. Have a hard look at yourself in the mirror of karma and know one day it will come back to get you.

Your not the smartest and the best.

17 Dec 2018 – CHRO

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We’ve undertaken a lot of hard work this year, and while it’s not easy, we’re proud of what we’ve all accomplished in a short period of time... More