Instart Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 165 reviews

3.7
Instart CEO Sumit Dhawan
Sumit Dhawan
Pros
  • "Cool technology, great team, great customer base & bright future(in 15 reviews)

• "Free lunch 3x a week, flexible schedule to work from home(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "We have the usual startup company growing pains(in 10 reviews)

• "Usual start-up growing pains such as innovating at pace while consolidating the product(in 7 reviews)

1. "Great place to be"

I have been working at Instart full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cool technology, great team, great customer base & bright future

Cons

Not everyone knows who we are and we are quite expensive (although that's justifyable with our value!)

Advice to Management

Keep growing the company and investing in the people and technology

Instart2019-02-25

"Hang on to your hats, folks!"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in London, England

I have been working at Instart full-time for less than a year

Pros

Innovative, cutting edge products People - talent, ethic and drive the best I've ever experienced in 20 yrs in the business Fast-paced, never boring Lots of room to grow, contribute, learn and earn

Cons

This is a start-up. That's not a con for me, but it may be for you. If you want career guidance and your hand held, keep looking. If you want to make your mark then this could be the place for you. EMEA team is in growth mode and the time commitment can be very intense - you need to take care of yourself and know when to say no. Typical EMEA >< US culture issues require maintenance - energy that could be better...

Advice to Management

Product, Product, Product. We very much hold the view that customer is king/queen, so get out there and get the customer feedback and keep the lines of communication open. We build trust when we delight, not when we surprise.

Instart2017-03-24
  3. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Instart full-time for less than a year

Pros

Innovative Technology. Strong visionary Leadership. Empowerment of employees. Trust. Still retains the 'Valley Start Up' ethos. Strong team ethic. Track record of IPO at Board Level.

Cons

Pressure to grow quickly will inevitably change the Character of the business.

Advice to Management

Empower/trust the talent within the business to deliver the business objectives.

Instart2016-06-01
  4. "Exciting new technology in the CDN space"

I have been working at Instart full-time for less than a year

Pros

From a technology point of view, Instart Logic represents a new direction from the old network centric focus of traditional CDNs. This makes selling the idea exciting for both employees and prospects. So far the employees I have met include a lot of very smart motivated people. Good package Exciting growth possible

Cons

Very much a start up with all the usual drawbacks/advantages Hours can be long and plenty of travel (although this is done in a flexible way)

Advice to Management

Keep heading in the same direction, the opportunity is big and the competitors are way behind.

Instart2015-07-09
  5. "Interesting work, intense with good w/l balance"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Instart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Approachable management. The head of my team was a great mentor who made drinking from the fire hose a little easier. - intelligent/type-A people all around. I felt impostor syndrome a lot. - Almost everyone I met was sociable, and I got to meet a lot of non-Engineers. - "Be smart and get things done" is the motto. 9-5/5:30 work days are encouraged and sometimes enforced.

Cons

When I left the churn was high even for a startup. The bar for performance is high and the nature of the work makes it more challenging compared to FAANG places.

Instart2019-05-07
  6. "Great team, exciting technology"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart full-time for less than a year

Pros

From the day I set foot in the office, the people have been outstanding. For me, this is a top factor in my work happiness. It is also fun to be part of a dynamic company that is going through a lot of change and I enjoy being part of that. No day is like the previous and it is great to be able to work on multiple things. Finally, I find the benefits to be top notch!

Cons

With change comes a lot of work. But, the teams support each other and we all get through it together as a team.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Instart2019-02-27
  7. "Great Technology, great company with experienced leadership"

I have been working at Instart full-time

Pros

- great technology to address next generation web performance, tags, ads and security needs - great talent to work with - experienced leadership, very action and results oriented - focused with right strategy

Cons

- Need effort on Self serviceability

Instart2019-02-21
  8. "Change is good!"

I have been working at Instart full-time for less than a year

Pros

There has been a lot of changes in the organization over the past year, and now we have a great team, striving towards success! Great collaborative colleagues, no politics- which is very rare! and lots of enthusiasm and energy!

Cons

Not everything is clear as yet, executive team are working on alignment and strategic plans and goals, once this has been defined, everyone will be able to go full steam ahead!

Advice to Management

Be open and communicate clear goals and direction.

Instart2019-01-07

"Challenges"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Instart full-time for more than a year

Pros

Experienced, stable and mature executive management team Great visibility and accuracy to the business (results and outlook) by CFO and VP of Sales.....these guys are telling it the way it is.... Great benefits with matching 401K Free lunches Happy hour on Thursdays helps with morale Not jerks and large egos anymore here

Cons

Service and product stability continues which is impact customers renewing From what I see there is no brand awareness and partnerships to help sales team

Advice to Management

Fix the product stability issues then focus on innovation

Instart2018-10-28
  10. "Excellent place to grow and learn"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I have been working at Instart full-time for less than a year

Pros

Open culture. Great team to work with. Food options are great! I especially liked the interview process they had, which involved discussions that covered the depth and breadth of one's technical capabilities.

Cons

Nothing to share at the moment.

Instart2018-10-17