Found 19 of over 21 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- 5.015 Aug 2023Data AnalystCurrent EmployeeBelfast, Northern Ireland
Great people and forward thinking company
Not too many cons to speak of2Kigen Response4mo
Thank you !
- 3.016 Oct 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Remote working, days of care, flexpot
Doesn't value loyalty, micro management, play it safe senior leaders stifling the businesses growth2
- 4.09 Aug 2023Senior Quality Assurance EngineerFormer EmployeeBelfast, Northern Ireland
Hybrid working model with good technical work space.
Small company so job security may be an issue.2Kigen Response4mo
We are now on our path to profitability, so job security should be less of a concern, but as you note a justifiable concern in a startup
- 5.022 Sept 2022Senior Principal EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsBangor, Northern Ireland
- Work on novel technology, where finding the right solution is part of the job. I find this interesting and enjoyable. - Exposure to full-stack, from embedded through to highly-available and distributed system. I find this rewarding as I can learn from well skilled and diverse folks, which I think makes me a better engineer and leader. - Challenge of talking to a great deal of different stakeholders, from coaching junior engineers and the reward of watching them grow, to working with highly skilled peers to the challenge of communicating complex topics to non-technical stakeholders. With the above, the pro's ultimately I think allow you to grow as an engineer and be rewarded for it.
- The products are naturally very complex, and being telecoms adjacent, there are a great deal of abbreviations that further complicate things; this creates a sharp and challenging learning curve to overcome. - The complexity of products often means it's more of an engineering responsibility to determine what should be built, and how. This means that engineers often need to set their own course, which is a challenge. - The above is further complicated by sales/product typically owning the customer relationship, which creates an abstraction to understanding requirements / what the customer wants. If this isn't tacked early on, it can lead to a lot of frustration shipping the right technology. It's worth noting that these con's, or challenges, are perhaps more personality/person dependent, and less cons of Kigen itself.1Kigen Response2y
Thank you for your 5-star review. We are trying to balance engineering being overrun by customer interaction and being out of the loop, we discuss this very often, so it is useful to hear that you would like some more interaction. Owning the product in engineering is good in my opinion, as the engineers have the best understanding on what is possible and what is awesome, product management is there to assist with direction (what problem needs to be solved), prioritisation and customer interaction plus identifying what is valuable to customers Hope that helps, and feel free to address this directly too (if you havent already) Regards Vincent
- 5.06 May 2023Staff Software EngineerCurrent Employee
You are given independence and minimal oversight at work Hybrid, remote or in-office; up to me Good benefits, competitive salary and bonus People are friendly and helpful, positive attitude at work Work is interesting and can be challenging
Not much to report atm!2Kigen Response6mo
Thank you for your 5 star review! We try to empower all the teams by assuming we are all adults, hopefully that gives the freedom to get the best at everyone
- 5.08 Jan 2023Sofetware EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsLondon, England
Good WLB, high trust, flexible employer.
Isn’t much vision and lots of old products that are hard to continue maintaining.1Kigen Response11mo
Thank you very much for you 5 star review! We believe we have a strong vision to manage the world's device identity in order to empower IoT, so we will double down explaining and high-lighting that to every employee, especially with some of our customer (public) products
- 5.019 Sept 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Offers flexibility of working hours and a truly hybrid approach. Has a great benefits package including flexpot wellbeing allowance annually so we can focus on our own wellbeing and personal development outside of work. Very supportive colleagues
I genuinely don't see any! I may be slightly biased but feel it's a great place to work.1Kigen Response2y
Thank you for the feedback, and if you do find things that need improving, don't be shy, we are all trying to make this a great company, but we are far from perfect :-) Regards Vincent
- 5.015 Nov 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Flexible and respectful culture. Colleagues are authentic and willing to help
Can be difficult to get past the acronyms and learn a technical business model1Kigen Response2y
Thank you for endorsing us with 5-stars! I agree that we have too many acronyms in our industry. Bee and Loic are trying to help with our public glossary https://kigen.com/glossary/ https://kigen.com/resources/blog/esim-and-isim-acroymns-explained/ https://kigen.com/resources/white-papers/esim-and-isim-for-dummies-esim/ Obviously, that doesn't help with our internal names, like PAT, ODC, etc, but feel free to ask me or anyone else in Kigen to take the time to explain, as onboarding new colleagues is super important, and we love to talk about ourself :-) Regards Vincent
- 2.027 Sept 2022EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBelfast, Northern Ireland
good pay, new office, good benefits
No transparency on financial performance Product doesn't really make sense Few to little customers culture and values used for marketing material onlyKigen Response2y
Thank you for your review and your radical candour (only way we learn). It is a shame that we could not live up to your standards, and our 6-weekly all-hands in which we (try) to present our financial performance didn't achieve the goal in your case. We are grateful for the time your spent with us , and good luck in your net role Regards Vincent
- 5.013 Jan 2022Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBelfast, Northern Ireland
Great People to work with Great salaries Great bonuses - 10-20% annual bonus plus 4.5k wellness fund to spend on hobbies. Working on cutting edge tech Fully flexible working Workload is steady but honestly never over the top Engineers are treated like adults and never micromanaged
Some headache during separation from Arm which has since been resolved5
Kigen Reviews FAQs
Kigen has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 21 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Kigen to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
74% of Kigen employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Kigen 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.