LOGICnow Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

LOGICnow Reviews

Updated Nov 16, 2018

2.9
LOGICnow CEO Walter Scott (no image)
Walter Scott
Pros
  • "Free fruit, coffee and game room(in 6 reviews)

• "Very friendly co-workers, free coffee (when the machine works(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Senior Management team have no clue about the business they are in or about people management(in 8 reviews)

• "There is one person in the Marketing department that is the problem(in 5 reviews)

"Balanced review"

Account Executive in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at LOGICnow

Pros

Had to post a balanced review, based on an earlier post by an ex account exec that wasn't really good at the job. Its actually the opposite of what was posted, 2015 was a very challenging year. There was new additions to the management team in 2016 that has transformed Sales. Less micro management management and very motivational. We are selling more, with a smaller team. We are a team that gets results

Cons

Commissions could be better, very confusing. Communication from the executive team in the states could be better

Advice to Management

Keep the team in the UK intact, they are a great dedicated bunch who want to do well

LOGICnow2016-08-28
  2. "A lot of talent"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Dundee, Scotland
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at LOGICnow full-time for less than a year

Pros

A lot of very friendly people, Dundee offices is in a nice location with parking set up. Everyone I worked with was very professional and a bunch of talented people. Hackathons and social events are on as well which is nice.

Cons

Management outside of development felt a million miles away.

LOGICnow2018-05-17

"Used to be a great place to work. Not anymore"

I worked at LOGICnow full-time

Pros

Good salary and good benefits.

Cons

Lost focus on customers, lost focus on products. Too much firefighting. There is only so much you can do at 120% - no downtime ever.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff like you used to. Get back doing what you used to do great.

LOGICnow2016-10-12

"Communication?"

I have been working at LOGICnow full-time

Pros

Ok salary. Free drinks and snacks. Training encouraged.

Cons

Between the US and the UK offices, its like two different companies. Hardly any communication between the two of what is going on and future plans etc.

Advice to Management

Speak to the staff more. Don't hide. Show yourself once in a while.

LOGICnow2016-06-08

"Everyday is different"

I have been working at LOGICnow full-time

Pros

Great benefits, great people, great opportunities to make a good living. Social atmosphere.

Cons

Bad days can happen but this is the same in all jobs.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

LOGICnow2016-05-23

"Not as bad as it is being described!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dundee, Scotland

I have been working at LOGICnow full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very friendly co-workers, free coffee (when the machine works!), free fruit and cheap sweets and crisps. I've never had anything like this at any other office I have worked. We also have a pool table, foosball table and XBox. Lovely office to work in. Informal dress code. Happy to come in every day and get on with my work, knowing I'm appreciated.

Cons

There are a select few members of staff that can be negative and instill their view (rightly or wrongly) on other employees. We had a big Marketing department restructure last year and there were a few redundancies. However, this doesn't mean the whole office is shutting down and people need to realise it is part and parcel of an ever-changing office environment.

Advice to Management

I've heard a few complaints about Managers not communicating/interacting with their staff and this might be something that would help to get people a bit more motivated and happy.

LOGICnow2016-05-04

"Going Downhill Fast"

Technical Support in Dundee, Scotland

I worked at LOGICnow

Pros

LogicNow was a great place to work when I first joined. The people are great The job satisfaction is good Friendly work environment

Cons

Lack of Development for individuals. (Looks to be great to begin with but very quickly hit a wall and get blocked) Management care more about saving money than giving staff a decent competitive salary Salary review process is a joke A big focus of the US offices being untouchable and other offices are no where near as significant. Not treated equally globally

Advice to Management

Re-allign the focus and work to retain good staff instead of just turning them over like they are all completely expendable. Listen to what your employees are saying and don't brush it under the carpet and leave it to try and go away or bury head in the sands. Make sure everyone is treated evenly and equally and evaluate the whole picture not a biased one side statement.

LOGICnow2016-05-18

"An inspiring place to work (Newcastle Data Team)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at LOGICnow full-time

Pros

Autonomy (within reason) to come up with solutions, rather than being dictated to. Agile release cycle. Lots of opportunity to learn (especially from peers). Work from home flexibility, well stocked fridge. Openness to learn/use new cutting edge tech (even at the top management level).

Cons

We're not all in the same office/country (although this can be a benefit due to less noise, communication is pretty good via vchat). Recent poor reviews on Glassdoor may be making it harder to hire new people. This seems to be due to a recent set of redundancies in Marketing (I don't know the details, but it's all about one section of the company, so the reviews are not really independent). Work can take over your... life if you let it (so good if you enjoy it).

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum going by investing in the product/new products while also remaining a great place to work (and keep hiring in NCL, UK)

LOGICnow2016-04-14

"Poisonous Atmosphere"

I have been working at LOGICnow full-time

Pros

Access to free coffee and game machines in some locations. Sometimes free snacks and free food. Most of your work colleagues are pretty sharp. Typically you can do your work and leave without having to take it home with you.

Cons

As others have said, all the management cares right now is about selling the company and relocating it to the US. This is not a secret. So what they're trying to do with the Scotland offices is wear down the morale of everyone so that people just leave. This is much cheaper than having to fire people. Other people have remarked on here how it was a "marketing restructure" and that's the only thing wrong. Hmmm. Then... why are so many people from my (Engineering) department leaving? The HR people are leaving. Morale is at an all time low and the sad part is that this could have all been prevented. I understand that business is business. But this wasn't about business. The marketing cut backs were all about a worm getting rid of anyone who might be a threat to them.

Advice to Management

Grow a pair. Actually believe and invest in your employees. Get rid of the worm.

LOGICnow2016-05-31

"Even Worse Than Described"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dundee, Scotland

I have been working at LOGICnow full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most of your coworkers are pretty good. If you're located in one of the United States offices you are untouchable and you can do no wrong and will happily write reviews on Glass Door at the behest of HR telling everyone how it's not that bad. Free snacks (even if the CEO is complaining about this now). Free coffee. Some places have a game room.

Cons

Where do I start? It's just a joke reading the other reviews on here - just about every positive review comes from the US. I couldn't help but laugh at one of the other reviews, to quote one "We had a big Marketing department restructure last year and there were a few redundancies." No, what you had was a person in the marketing staff using the restructure as a chance to purge everyone they didn't like from the... staff. This includes long time employees and people who had put a lot of sweat into this company. All for someone's personal vendetta. Oh yeah, and this is the same person that EVERY OTHER REVIEW on here mentions. Oh yeah, and here's the other thing. All the senior management care right now about is selling the company. This isn't a secret. Most of the senior management and many mid level managers all have shares. So they will lie, cheat, steal and do anything they can to keep their job until the company is sold and they can cash in. You're not going to get shares by writing positive reviews on Glass Door, so, in the end you're going to be as screwed as everyone else when the company is sold and they decide to move it elsewhere. Have fun.

Advice to Management

For the love of god sell this company and get out so these people can get on with their jobs.

LOGICnow2016-05-27