Liberis Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Really great company"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in London, England
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Liberis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Genuinely positive work atmosphere, surrounded by driven and hardworking people which is a bonus.
    - Really enjoy the scope and quality of my work
    - Proactive work atmosphere, you feel able to try something new and even if you end up making mistakes.
    - A company that clearly does it's best to be as ethical as possible (especially important in the lending space)
    - Lots of benefits and perks - stuff like the free breakfasts, snacks, fruit, coffee etc. all make a difference in the long run.
    - Feels very much like a company run by its employees as opposed to somewhere where I'm simply working *for* the CEO
    - Really strong growth track makes it particularly exciting.

Cons

- I'm still only a months in but haven't really found any particular cons really, aside from a long commute!

Advice to Management

- Keep doing what your doing, keep the small things going and keep enabling your employees a decent level of ownership over their work - as you do.

31 May 2018 – HR Director

Thanks for your feedback, it really makes me happy to hear that you feel this way about working for Liberis.

Our people are what make us a great place to work and we try really hard to look... More

2. "Very positive workplace"

I have been working at Liberis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really encouraging and friendly environment. People and product are great, as are the benefits. Atmosphere is always positive and comfortable. Flexible working hours if needed.

Cons

Communication lacking at times, but always comes through in the end.

3. "A great company with great culture"

Pros

Culture was superb from day one

Cons

No notable cons to be considered

4. "Outstanding place to work"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in London, England
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in London, England

I have been working at Liberis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many pros include, but not limited to, an extremely happy working environment with a great work ethos and values. It is plain to see the team are very happy in their roles which reflects on the company's continuous success in it's field. Regular social activities, a healthy breakfast bar and daily refreshments also provided. Very understanding, accommodating and helpful when I experienced a recent injury. The company's knowledge of general wellbeing in the workplace is also outstanding and beneficial to the team. I feel extremely lucky to have found this role and company to work for and would highly recommend.

Cons

Genuinely cannot answer this question!

5. "Senior Underwriter"

Current Employee - Senior Underwriter in Hammersmith, England
    Current Employee - Senior Underwriter in Hammersmith, England

I have been working at Liberis part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for Liberis for 5 years and love working here.
    -A company that is going from strength to strength with great growth.
    -A company that genuinely cares about the well being of it's employees-great benefits.
    -Focused on funding responsibly-particularly important to myself as I work in risk.
    -Your opinion is sought and genuinely considered-a collaborative environment.
    -Fun place to work- good team atmosphere, lots of socials.

Cons

-The company is ever evolving so there is quite a lot of change. This may not be for everyone.

4 Oct 2018 – HR Director

Thanks for your feedback, wonderful to hear that you have had a great experience working for Liberis.
    We work really hard to look after our people and our customers and feel in doing so Liberis... More

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Finance Assistant in Hammersmith, England
    Current Employee - Finance Assistant in Hammersmith, England

I have been working at Liberis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture
    Plenty of socials
    Emphasis on personal development
    Great perks

Cons

n/a .

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

4 Jun 2018 – HR Director

Thanks for your feedback, we put a great deal of emphasis on looking after our people so great to hear that you only see positives to working at Liberis. We will continue to keep putting our people... More

7. "A company that puts its people first, even with its incredible year on year growth!"

Current Employee - Head of Finance in Hammersmith, England
    Current Employee - Head of Finance in Hammersmith, England

I have been working at Liberis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at some great companies in the past but Liberis is certainly the most enjoyable.

Liberis is a family who genuinely cares about its staff, everyone is given so much encouragement to develop and because it is a fast-growing company, opportunities are plentiful.

Liberis offers an excellent product and was the UK’s first provider of it, a Business Cash Advance. This is a finance product that helps so many SMEs achieve their goals. This has an amazing effect on the morale of the company, to know we are constantly helping our customers with their dreams.

Cons

No negatives to add for this company.

31 May 2018 – HR Director

Thank you for sharing how you feel about working for Liberis. As part of my role I am regularly in situations where I am describing our culture for people external to Liberis and I almost always... More

"A joy to work with from beginning to end"

Former Employee - Renewal Sales Team Leader in Hammersmith, England
    Former Employee - Renewal Sales Team Leader in Hammersmith, England

I worked at Liberis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic people to work with. Customer focused company. Very open culture. Good physical and mental wellbeing benefits. Good structure for personal development. The more you put in the more you get out. Great investment in training up employees.

Cons

Can be a little inconsistent depending on which manager you have. Communication in general (between departments) could be improved. In terms of progression, it is tricky to be promoted without the person above you either leaving the company or being promoted themselves.

Advice to Management

Keep employees and customers the focus of everything you do.

4 Oct 2018 – HR Director

Thanks for sharing your views on working at Liberis, its wonderful to hear you enjoyed your time with us.

We are continually working on internal communications and we pride ourselves on being... More

"Would not recommend to graduates"

I worked at Liberis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Liberis made great pains to improve their technology and operations giving the company a "start up" feel.
    Young office. On your normal day it was a fun environment to work within.

Cons

1. Little effort to develop staff skills, particularly beyond this very small niche the company occupies.
    2. Witnessed some unpleasantness i.e. colleague redundancies.
    3. Historically, some of the senior managers made very poor decisions that ultimately caused point 2 above.

Advice to Management

Be more open with the staff, even if the company is doing badly! Whether this is in staff reviews or monthly management meetings, honest feedback and appraisals of performance would have been welcome and explained certain company decisions better.

29 Sep 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for the feedback, it's really important that we are working in the right areas to make Liberis a great place to work for all our employees and feedback from our past and current employees... More

10. "A fintech that cares"

I have been working at Liberis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Liberis really cares about its employees - they're growing rapidly but are making a lot of effort to maintain the startup mentality and energy of a tech company. Great opportunities to help shape the company.

Cons

They're growing rapidly which means they're restructuring quite often and leadership is sometimes not clear - better suited to people who are happy to work more independently.

Advice to Management

Be clearer on the organisation's structure and manager's responsibilities. Ensure that every area is represented to avoid skewing the direction in the favour of some departments/areas while neglecting others. Senior management should make more of an effort to get familiar with the employees under them to make sure they get the most out of them. The company is still small enough to foster good relationships between those at the bottom and at the top - this is a big appeal of Liberis.