Markerstudy Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.6
Markerstudy Group Group CEO Kevin Spencer
Kevin Spencer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work life balance is key to any business to ensure you get the best out of your employees, as a business we are achieving this through innovation" (in 6 reviews)

• "Great opportunities,great benefits,great rewards for hard work" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "pay rise non existent and general pay does not reflect the industry from 10 years ago as it is less money" (in 5 reviews)

• "Very stressful job due to poor management of staff, low salary and workload" (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best 6 years of my career"

Former Employee - Talent Developer in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England
    Former Employee - Talent Developer in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England

I worked at Markerstudy Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Where hard work is rewarded.
    Passionate about their employees, and invest in every opportunity to maintain a healthy engaged workforce.

Cons

Not all employees recognise how lucky they are.

Advice to Management

None

23 Nov 2018

Thanks very much for taking the time to feedback such positive comments, that's really nice to hear and we wish you well with your future career. Keep in touch!

2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Team Manager in Whitstable, England
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Whitstable, England

I have been working at Markerstudy Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very driven and evolving organisation who reward and recognise TRUE hard workers!

Cons

Very fast paced and constantly changing which unsettles many but also suits some!

20 Dec 2018

Thanks very much for this great review, it's great to hear and we wish you well with your future career!

3. "Lots of opportunity to develop"

I have been working at Markerstudy Group full-time

Pros

Markerstudy look after their staff very well and always provide staff with the opportunity to develop, especially when it comes to training. The company is very innovative and stands out from the crowd.

Cons

In order to remain competitive, Markerstudy staff must work at a fast pace, and often the time frames given are unrealistic. Although Markerstudy reward staff regularly with gift vouchers and other staff incentives, there is also little to no bonus structure which can be very demotivating.

Advice to Management

Always keep all staff up to date with business changes. Often only senior or management level staff are kept up to date and the rest of us are left in the dark.

16 Jan 2019

It’s great to hear you use words like ‘opportunity’, ‘develop’ and ‘innovative’ in your opening comments as this ties in very closely with our V10 company values (which visitors to our Glassdoor... More

4. "Autowindscreens"

I have been working at Markerstudy Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

company benefits annual holiday flexible

Cons

pay rise non existent and general pay does not reflect the industry from 10 years ago as it is less money!!!

Advice to Management

Communication not always on the big things but sometimes the small things which could mean more to individuals

16 Jan 2019

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your positive comments about our employee benefits portfolio, which are nice to hear.

We are concerned by your other comments, as our Auto... More

5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cradley Heath, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cradley Heath, England

I have been working at Markerstudy Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly Staff, Positive place to work and always happy to assist staff in progression. You are always rewarded for your hard work the more you put in the more you get back. And I can honestly say I really love my job.

Cons

I have yet to experience any issues. I have worked for the company for a number of years. And feel if I had any issues or concerns management are always willing to listen.

20 Dec 2018

It's really nice to hear another positive comment about your place of work and how friendly you find the staff and, perhaps most importantly, if you experience problems, there is always someone who... More

6. "Great Company"

I have been working at Markerstudy Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is reasonable, the people around you are amazing and the company like to make it as fun as possible for their employee's. There are a lot of career opportunities and everyday is different to the other. The support structure is pretty strong and if you do well, they reward you well. The benefits they offer are good too.

Cons

Like most places, there can be a lot of pressure in the role you take on, but this can be an advantage if you work well/better with pressure. Some decisions made can feel a little rushed but again, this isn't anything out of the ordinary compared to other places of work.

19 Dec 2018

We really appreciate these kind words and it's reassuring you have experienced strong support, opportunities and rewards so far in your career with us. Long may this continue!

7. "I feel like part of a family..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England

I have been working at Markerstudy Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My experience so far has been memorable for all the right reasons. I've had opportunities to grow and develop; share ideas to improve ways of working which have been successfully implemented and recognised; I've benefited from some great staff perks (including generous discounts on cinema tickets) and I work with some really inspiring, friendly people. It's a bit like being part of a large family.

Cons

The group is very diverse so it must be hard for every business to give it's staff equal opportunities and ensure they have access to the same levels of information.

Advice to Management

Keep thinking about your employees' welfare and the bigger picture; be self-aware at all times and don't stop communicating.

18 Dec 2018

It's very kind of you to post such a positive review and we're delighted that your experience has been so rewarding. We work hard to ensure staff are looked after throughout their careers and can... More

8. "Forward thinking"

Former Employee - Manager in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England
    Former Employee - Manager in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England

I worked at Markerstudy Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Innovative. Fast paced. Different. Fun.

Cons

No bonus structure. Low pay at handler levels

27 Nov 2018

We really appreciate you taking the time to post this feedback and wish you well in your next venture. Please do stay in touch!

"AVOID"

I worked at Markerstudy Group full-time

Pros

Shop discounts (when the website works)

Cons

Awful management, despicable pay rises, staff not rewarded, very cult-like workplace, and only managers will be rewarded.

Advice to Management

Care about staff!!

13 Dec 2018

We’re really sorry to hear about your negative experience, particularly as we invest heavily in making our working environments engaging, rewarding, considerate and fair for our staff... More

"Good start but leave quickly"

I have been working at Markerstudy Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good starting platform for inexperienced young people- will provide office experience and the people within your team are mostly very nice people.

Cons

1. Too much pressure on staff- there is simply not enough members of staff. The teams are all behind by weeks leading to complaints and managers putting too much pressure on their staff to get up to date and work harder and faster. This leads to mistakes and a very unhealthy working environment.
    2. They let policy holders speak to their staff terribly.- I get sworn at and shouted at daily by policy holders that call in and you receive no support for this. You can’t terminate the call and your team leaders pressure you to not let it go to complaints meaning you end up getting shouted at for an hour and it goes to complaints anyway. I have personally been reduced to tears by people on the phone at least three times a month the entire time I’ve been at the company.
    3. No progression- if your manager likes you they may put you forward for a better role but realistically the only way to progress is to leave.
    4. Don’t learn from their own mistakes- if you have almost every member of staff actively saying they want to leave their job and looking elsewhere alongside floods of people leaving then you must realise something is going wrong with the way the company is run.
    5. Hostility between departments- there is zero mingling between the different departments and a hostile environment with some departments actively vocalising that they believe they are better than other departments. Very unhealthy environment.
    6. Too strict- they are so busy pressuring you to constantly be available on the phone and to get the floor up to date that they leave people feeling bad for getting up to go to the toilet or to get a drink.
    7. Managers don’t communicate- they go for their meetings regularly and the only result of these seem to be more ideas that seem like good ideas in theory but anyone actually having to put them into action can see that they will fail and cause more pressure and more work. They don’t just ask their own staff what they think and how things could improve.
    8. Staff are too inexperienced- can’t keep staff longer than around a year so there’s hardly anyone there that actually knows what they’re doing.
    9. No set training- new starters are not properly trained. They are tasked with tidying cupboards before “important” members of staff visit the office or cutting out decorations for seasonal holidays. We are weeks behind we need you to learn your job not do arts and crafts.
    10. No allowances for mental health- with the amount of pressure put on the staff coupled with the demands of the public there is a serious risk to people’s mental health and well being yet they make zero allowances for this. You get no time off the phones, no support to help you cope and they penalise you if you take time off sick.
    11. Don’t lie- they tell you of these fantastic trips and events they put on for their staff. Apart from the Christmas party ( where only senior management get wristbands for decent drinks- everyone else can have beer or wine) I have not seen a single event advertised. No trips to theme parks, no days out and definitely no concerts.

To summarise I would not recommend working here. Both myself and many members of my team have spoken about how we cry in the mornings at the thought of having to come in.

Advice to Management

Talk to your staff and really listen to them. Don’t ask them as a manager or a senior but as someone who genuinely wants to make a difference. Find out what they need help with and hear their concerns and ideas. They may be beneath you in the career ladder but in order for you to do your job you need them so please realise this and treat your staff better.

5 Nov 2018

Thanks very much for your candid feedback and we are sorry that your personal experience to date has been so negative.

Your comments were posted anonymously, and therefore we don’t know exactly... More