Markerstudy Group Reviews

Updated 3 Aug 2020

3.5
Markerstudy Group Group CEO Kevin Spencer
Kevin Spencer
Pros
  • "Appreciation for hard work is recognised(in 10 reviews)

• "Busy, fast paced and rewarding both in terms of job satisfaction and work-life balance(in 9 reviews)

1. "Great company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Team Leader in London, England

I have been working at Markerstudy Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexibility, communication, social events, team engagement, development

Cons

Change is frequent, but that is also a positive

June 12, 2020

Thanks very much for posting your comments which are very well received and reassuring, particularly at this challenging time. We wish you well with your continuing career with us.

2. "Alright"

4.0
    Current Employee - Accounts Assistant in Cradley Heath, England

I have been working at Markerstudy Group full-time

Pros

Friendly people various benefits to be had

Cons

Management differs team to team so different atmosphere throughout

July 21, 2020

We appreciate your feedback and wish you well with your continued career.

3. "Markerstudy Leisure- AWFUL."

Former Employee - Event Sales and Marketing in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England

I worked at Markerstudy Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Fellow colleagues. * Nothing- with current management in place this place will struggle to succeed.

Cons

* Shocking management from the leisure side of the business- poorly run, favouritism, lack of progression. Shame because the group of the business seems ambitious, the leisure side has some of the worst management traits ever seen.

August 5, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your thoughts and voice your opinions. We’re sorry that you have formed a poor impression from your time in your role, but thank you for your positive comments regarding the group as a whole. Please be assured that we have shared your feedback with the Markerstudy Leisure management team for their review.

4. "Great people. Alright company."

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Markerstudy Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The majority of the people here are great people. And the benefits and fairly decent.

Cons

Fairly low pay compared to sector average.

July 10, 2020

Thank you for your recent review post and it’s good to hear that generally you’re having a positive experience working for us. As we’ve said in earlier responses, we are continuously bench-marking ourselves, even in these unusual times, to ensure that our pay and benefits remain as competitive as possible. However, we always appreciate employee feedback, whether it’s through this forum or through your line manager, to identify areas that may need reviewing. We wish you well with your continued career.

"Amazing Staff! Useless Management!!!"

Current Employee - Claims

I have been working at Markerstudy Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They pay a basic wage The staff are hard working and make working there worthwhile

Cons

The Senior Management team are like the human centipede. The company thinks little of its staff and has no problem breaching staff contracts Employment law means little to them The senior management team consists of yes men and women. You wont progress on knowledge or skill but if you suck up to the right people you will go far. The board of directors have no clue what goes on and believes all staff are treated equal, when in fact this is not true. They refer to bonuses when claims staff haven't seen a bonus for hard work in about 5 years. The board are more concerned with their next acquisition and not about the staff they already have.

August 3, 2020

Having clearly been such a longstanding member of the team, it is disappointing to read your negative feelings towards your department and our organisation as a whole. Due to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic we are experiencing immeasurably difficult times, and our Board has had to make hard decisions in order to continue to protect the future of our business and the interests of everyone. Although we are unable to respond to your comments regarding your wage/bonus situation without further information from you we can confirm that our remuneration and benefits are regularly reviewed to ensure they remain fair, competitive and accurate within our industry sector. You are welcome to get in touch in confidence at myfeedback@markerstudy.com so we can investigate your comments further.

6. COVID-19

"Good if you are starting in insurance"

Current Employee - Third Party Claims Handler in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England

I have been working at Markerstudy Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Okay pay, okay benefits, flexi time

Cons

Managers do not care about staff, approach during COVID 19 has been appalling

July 1, 2020

We appreciate you taking the time to feedback. It’s a shame that you don’t feel you’ve had a positive management experience, particularly during the challenging times that we are all experiencing. Our management teams have always worked hard to keep communication channels open to support staff and take on board issues or new ideas on improved ways of working and there are initiatives in place to support employee health and wellbeing, including an independently-managed employee assistance programme and health treatments cashback scheme. If you have specific examples that you’d like us to investigate, please email us in confidence at: myfeedback@markerstudy.com

7. "Amazing company amazing values"

5.0
    Former Employee - Show Supervisor in St Ives, England

I worked at Markerstudy Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Like a family , sociable hours , generous incentives , career opportunity’s

Cons

If you cannot sell then my advise is do not apply for a sales role

May 15, 2020

Thanks for taking the trouble to post this review, despite leaving the group. It's wonderful to see such positive comments and we wish you well for the future at this very unusual time for everyone.

"Awful company to work for!"

Current Employee - Claims Handler in Chesterfield, England

I have been working at Markerstudy Group part-time

Pros

Great people to work with on day to day basis

Cons

No regard for employees, appalling conduct and works so close to the legal line it is hugely concerning.

June 8, 2020

Thanks for your review, although we are sorry you have such feelings. The current coronavirus situation we are in is nothing like we have ever experienced before and we are doing all we can to support employees’ homeworking activities, their mental health and wellbeing and keeping our colleagues connected however possible. Our staff have adapted extremely well and are pulling together to carry our business through these challenging times to ensure that our customers and partners continue to receive the high standards of service they expect from us. Markerstudy Group prides itself on its strong, loyal workforce, its resilience and its ability to adapt quickly to market conditions. With these attributes we will all get through this.

"Too many managers, no employee recognition"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in London, England

I worked at Markerstudy Group full-time

Pros

Colleagues - the people working the ground floor of this company are the real heroes

Cons

There are far too many managers for the amount of employees and time spent disagreeing amongst themselves almost always has a detrimental effect on the employees. Be warned that any grievances raised mean you end up with a target on your back rather than being dealt with as they should be and you could end up being passed over for promotions or having things like holiday etc agreed. There are no bonuses, tiny pay rises if any, no recognition for the amount of work done and often the staff are reduced with no warning and the remaining staff expected to take on double the work with no pay rise. There’s no longer a scheme to accrue extra holiday so you could be working with someone who has a week extra holiday than you, being paid more than you even if you do double the work. Having a party provided in the summer doesn’t make up for the lack of monetary compensation for the hard working employees who go above and beyond but are never recognised for this.

May 29, 2020

Thanks for taking the time to post your review, and for your advice - which has been shared with senior management. We would like to highlight that staff opinions are always valued and encouraged, both face to face and through our various online forums. We have a comprehensive benefits and remuneration package that is frequently benchmarked against the industry to ensure it is as fair as possible, and rewarding for those who work hard and go over and above. Our numerous group-wide and local department recognition schemes also ensure that deserving people receive the thanks and recognition for their efforts. We wish you well with your continuing career.

10. COVID-19

"Genuinely the worst company I have ever worked for"

Former Employee - Claims

I worked at Markerstudy Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a standard notice period.

Cons

I was happy to be rid of the company and not look back but I've just heard from people who work there that they've had a 20% paycut forced on them and they're still expected to work full time (this is May 2020 and during covid 19). It completely validates everything I hated about the place and how they treat their staff. I could easily go on for days about problems in the company from promotions based on sex appeal despite no acumen, to managers manipulating data before in reaches senior levels leading to devastating decision making and causing 100s of redundancies. 4 words - stay the hell away.

May 13, 2020

This makes tough reading and it seems you have a lot to get off your chest, although you were apparently with us for three years, which seems strange for someone so unhappy. Naturally, we don’t believe this reflects our company operation, culture and leadership behaviour at all but you are of course, entitled to your opinion and if you were willing, we’d appreciate examples (sent in confidence to: myfeedback@markerstudy.com) of some of the issues you mention, so that we can investigate further. As for the COVID-19 pay cut statement, that is indeed true for those members of staff not already on furlough and taking the 20% cut, but staff were asked for their consent and 98% readily agreed to support the company through this extremely challenging period. Unfortunately in these difficult trading times, other companies in our industry and beyond are either having to do the same or are taking more drastic action in order to survive, so we are not alone in this action. We are confident that together we will get through this and continue our objective of sustainable growth, whilst developing new opportunities for the business and our people. We wish you well with your future career.

Found 197 reviews