Markerstudy Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated Dec 10, 2019

3.7
Markerstudy Group Group CEO Kevin Spencer
Kevin Spencer
Pros
  • "Great opportunities,great benefits,great rewards for hard work(in 9 reviews)

• "Work life balance is key to any business to ensure you get the best out of your employees, as a business we are achieving this through innovation(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Also dont expect to get a pay rise(in 8 reviews)

• "Constantly being made to feel not good enough by team leaders and TL’s are quite vocal about feeling their teams are awful(in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Opportunity, Challenge and Fun"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England

I have been working at Markerstudy Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've worked for Markerstudy Group for more than five years. I think this speaks volumes. I haven't grown complacent, my job has kept my interest. I've continued to learn and develop, to grow in confidence and gain valuable experience. The company's strategy is for growth and it has succeeded, enabling myself and my colleagues to benefit professionally and personally. And talking of colleagues, I work with a... great team of people. I feel valued and my efforts are appreciated by my manager. Our CEO also shares his thoughts and vision every month in our company magazine, and I appreciate this insight. Throughout last year, we were invited to take part in a football tournament, a go-karting day, a summer party, Markerstudy Day (a day where charity fundraising and fun is the focus), and a fabulous Christmas party. We have a new benefits platform with a host of useful money-saving offers, and we're frequently asked to share our opinion and offer suggestions to improve the business (which is rewarded).

Cons

No cons to mention. But I'd like to see improvements made to our intranet so it's easier to navigate.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I appreciate the opportunity to award my colleagues in the monthly Company Hero initiative, I enjoy considering suggestions to improve the business in our Bright Sparks initiative, and I like receiving unexpected rewards for going 'over and above'. I've just had my objective setting meeting with my manager to consider my objectives for this coming year - and I appreciate being able to... take responsibility and shape my role.

Markerstudy Group2019-01-27
  2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Actuary in Haywards Heath, England

I have been working at Markerstudy Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Very empowering work environment. No one will fault you for trying to do your best and getting the job done. Promotes from within and values their people.

Cons

The fast pace may not suit everyone. Change can sometimes be overwhelming but definitely keeps things exciting.

Markerstudy Group2019-12-09
  3. "New Sales Director for VisionTrack"

Current Employee - Director, Sales in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England

I have been working at Markerstudy Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

warm friendly environment, approachable senior management team - this is a large company with a small , close-knit business feel. There is a can-do attitude within the business and managers are given the freedom and autonomy to make the changes they feel are necessary, your voice is heard in this company.

Cons

Initial I.T frustrations in getting set up and online , all resolved quite quickly.

Markerstudy Group2019-12-09
  4. "Nothing but positive experiences"

Current Employee - Leisure Finance Supervisor in Sevenoaks, England

I have been working at Markerstudy Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been fortunate to find in my time at Markerstudy new opportunities and chances of progression with a good deal of support to succeed. To the right person, I feel working for Markerstudy can lead to great prospects if you put the work in. I've enjoyed my time with the business which has tried each year to put on great company parties that usually includes the whole family so we can all enjoy various celebrations.... And the company does offer various options for training if you wish to take it.

Cons

No real cons that I don't think you wouldn't find at any other large company. So nothing to really report.

Markerstudy Group2019-11-26
  5. "Great company + Great culture = Great people"

Current Employee - Head of Engineering in Haywards Heath, England

I have been working at Markerstudy Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The Company has a great ethos of developing people, through encouraging and supporting self development. There are opportunities to grow in to different and diverse roles and there is a "can do", winning and fun culture.

Cons

Genuinely cant think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do...... it makes a difference.

Markerstudy Group2019-11-26
  6. "Focused and driven"

Current Employee - Head of Business Development in Portsmouth, South East England, England

I have been working at Markerstudy Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

All brands moving in the right direction with focus and drive for the end goal.

Cons

Cross over across the brands not being fulfilled, more opportunity to cross sell our products to our customers.

Advice to Management

I think some of the junior level staff would like visits, communications, recognition from Senior Managers.

Markerstudy Group2019-11-22
  7. "MSG made my career!"

Current Employee - Management Team Assistant in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England

I have been working at Markerstudy Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Leadership, you always have a voice -Career progression if you work hard -Everyone is so helpful and will go out on a limb for you -Opportunity to win One4All cards if you work hard, over the four years I've been here I've received over £500 since starting I even got my Fiancé to start working here! He too, loves it!

Cons

Not applicable at the moment.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Markerstudy Group2019-11-19
  8. "Company Review"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England

I have been working at Markerstudy Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible working available Comfortable working environment

Cons

Not easy to progress upwards Salaries are not consistent

Markerstudy Group2019-11-19

"Overwhelmingly positive, the most flexible corporate workplace I've ever been apart of."

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Egham, England

I have been working at Markerstudy Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I currently work in a fairly specialised team, so I'd imagine my experience at MSG isn't quite typical, however based on my time here so far I'm confident to say this is the best corporate role I've ever had. My time is split between our London and Kent offices, as well as having the flexibility to work from home. MSG have provided me with a full work from home set up including multiple HQ monitors, a powerful... laptop and a work phone. My manager allows me to be incredibly flexible with my work location, only calling me into any of our offices when absolutely required which not only saves me a small fortune on travel, but also saves me hours per week. The latter has been particularly impact for me, as it allows me to continue the local volunteer role I previously had to give up at my last job due to the stringent hours plus commute. Similar flexibility is extended to others in my team e.g. it's not uncommon for colleagues to run home and do the school run before picking up the final hour or so of work. When dealing with the London commute, my time is optimised with the help of the most caring and attentive reception staff I've ever come across. Meeting rooms are always prepped in advance with the equipment you need as well as refreshments (also doing rounds of the office to see if anyone is after teas, coffees etc) allowing us to focus on the job at hand with minimal distraction. Aside from the flexibility and geographical pros, the current role I find myself in utilises Open Source software, allowing me to develop my existing analytical skills but in a transferable manor. During my time here (<1 year) I've been given plenty of opportunities to contribute to important projects, almost always with a very clearly defined role at the outset. The team I work in is made up of a combination of perm and contract employees, all of whom are aligned in the sense that they want to work and achieve something as efficiently as possible, so everyone is taking on a high quantity of work and collaborating to get it completed to a high standard. My team and I are extremely well managed - I find myself frequently trusted with new project support tasks and problems to solve should I have the capacity - so I'm provided with plenty of varied challenges to make the job interesting and satisfying week after week. My colleagues are always willing to share knowledge of the industry and their roles, so I'm learning a lot about the bigger picture of our business and how the projects we work on support our goals. The company has full time events staff, so there's always something going on company wide be it social events or some form of charity fundraising. Individual teams are also encouraged to organise their own days out, meals, etc, so you have an opportunity to mix with your closer colleagues as well as meeting new ones. I'm not overly social in that regard as my personal life is quite busy, but the reviews I hear from colleagues of these events always come back positive so I'd be confident to say the team in charge of this do a good job. As for other benefits, I have a generous holiday allowance and access to a company perk app which has some incredibly large discounts on household names, spanning across insurance, technology and retail.

Cons

Hot desk space can be limited in certain offices, but with work from home options encouraged the pros far outweigh the occasional inconvenience.

Advice to Management

More monitors in hot desk areas if possible - working off a laptop screen is fine, but it's far more comfortable and efficient having dual monitors that I don't have to hunch over! Aside from that, change nothing! My life is drastically better since joining MSG as I've regained a work/life balance and I can't imagine going back to my former methods of working having been employed here.

Markerstudy Group2019-11-15
  10. "Much improved"

Current Employee - Claims Handler in Portsmouth, South East England, England

I have been working at Markerstudy Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company have taken alot of feedback on board over the last 12 months and starting to see changes. Customer journey seems much smoother, we are working more efficiently and effectively. Majority of SMT's are approachable. Incentives are good when used, One4All vouchers are nice little bonus.

Cons

Salary could be improved. Incentives could be more frequent.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees and engage with them.

Markerstudy Group2019-11-11