Mavens Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.9
Mavens Founder & Principal PK Kanumury
PK Kanumury

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexibility: You can work from home" (in 6 reviews)

• "Maven's is full of passionate and intelligent industry leaders who are constantly striving to put the employee first while elevating the customer" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are not really cons, anyway working from home is not for everybody" (in 3 reviews)

• "While people may specialize in different skills, nobody works "above" you or "underneath" you" (in 2 reviews)

1. "By far the best experience"

Former Employee - Applications Architect in London, England
    Former Employee - Applications Architect in London, England

I worked at Mavens full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Recognisable brand in the industry
    Flat organisations
    Constant learning opportunities
    Down to earth employees
    Safe environment to voice your ideas / concerns
    Top management (if I dare say that word) available all the times
    in a Summary people that you can call friends and that you will enjoy spending vacation with!

Cons

Might have chanced since then but some growing pains and some cultural things.
    With such a nice enviroment to work in, makes it hard to switch to another place

2. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Mavens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Excellent place to work
    - People are all very clever and expert at what they do
    - Colleagues always willing to help out
    - Great work life balance
    - Employee first culture

Cons

Mavens culture and style may not be for everyone. You must be self motivated and willing to get stuck in and help out where needed

3. "Flexible Working + Employee-First Values + Extremely Intelligent Colleagues = Great Place To Work!"

I have been working at Mavens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Incredibly bright team: I constantly feel like the dumbest person in the room (in a good way!). So much opportunity to learn from your colleagues here at Mavens.

- Employee-first approach: Not just in HR matters (as much PTO as you want, remote working, etc) but also in the work itself. Every Maven applies for the projects they are interested in or feel qualified for; no getting shipped out to Mongolia or Nowheresville for nine months just because no-one else will take it.

- Flat hierarchy: Affording a high (total?) degree of self-management, yet with easily accessible leadership when required. This isn't as anarchic as it sounds, and it means everyone has the chance to take on roles typically reserved for 'seniors', like partner relationship managers or revenue leads - but only if they want to, of course.

- High standards: An unbeatable level of standards runs throughout the company - in our work for customers, of course, but also in every single activity we carry out. This is particularly noticeable in our hiring pipeline; it's an involved and (relatively) tough process, but it's worth it when you get to work with only the very best colleagues.

Cons

Not much to say here. Mostly because I can't think of any true cons, but also because other reviewers have touched on the more neutral things you'll want to consider before working here. Things like...

- Can you motivate yourself to get the job done when often working remotely from your colleagues?

- Will you refuse to compromise on standards, and always maintain our value of craftsmanship?

- Can you take critical feedback in the constructive, helpful manner it is always intended?

- Are you ready to dive into a specialised industry that will (sometimes, but not always) take you away from the core Salesforce platform?

Advice to Management

- Keep running the company and our projects in the same way, especially in continuing to uphold the employees-first values that make this a great place to work.

- Continue getting the Mavens name out there to increase awareness/hiring pipeline.

- But don't let a larger pipeline force us to lower our hiring standards in order to meet demand.

4. "Growing and Going From Strength to Strength"

Current Employee - Technical Architect in Leeds, England
    Current Employee - Technical Architect in Leeds, England

I have been working at Mavens full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Growing organisation
    - Expert team with a singular focus on success
    - Interesting and challenging project work
    - Freedom to craft your own path and control your destiny

Cons

- Growing EU team but organisational decisions still lead out of the US
    - Team is very open and honest in communication - some new starters can find this challeneging

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing in general, make sure communication is a better focus for certain decisions and discussions. Given growth in Europe as well, make sure European team is fully engaged in decisions and discussions.

5. "All good"

Current Employee - Solution Architect in London, England

Pros

- Freedom and flexibility: work where you want on a schedule that suits you (and your projects). Staff volunteer for positions on projects, nobody pushes you on to a project you're not interested in - unheard of amongst other consultancies.

- Citizenship: This is one of the more prominent values. Mavens has a flat structure and everyone is encouraged to bring forth ideas and volunteer for additional internal responsibilities. If you have an idea which brings value to the company and/or others, it's likely to be backed for you to spend time on.

- Engaged leaders: the leaders of the company are engaged with employees, they actually care and give thanks.

- Culture: Everyone is happy - that is amazing.

- Targets/Remuneration - Any activity that brings value to the company is considered 'billable time' and contributes towards personal targets for bonus (which are already achievable).

- Transparency: All information is available to everyone. All communication, project specifics, people's availability etc. Nothing hidden = trust.

Cons

- Communication is challenging between time-zones with full remote team. This is minor and the pros outweigh the cons, but this could be improved if more proactive communication was embedded.

- Flat hierarchy is great because everyone has a voice, but can present some sensitivity.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

6. "Newbie"

Current Employee - Technical Architect in London, England
    Current Employee - Technical Architect in London, England

Pros

Work with very high calibre colleagues who want to do things right

Cons

Have to consciously make an effort to reach out to colleagues as majority are home workers

Advice to Management

Don't ever compromise on quality and doing things right

7. "Great company"

Current Employee - Technical Architect in Brighton, England
    Current Employee - Technical Architect in Brighton, England

I have been working at Mavens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mavens is a great company where you can work with really smart people. I can describe every good aspect that I found in this company, although I'm going to try to focus on the main points.

- Mavens is a great company where you can innovate and improve every aspect in the company. Limit would be in your imagination.
    - Mavens' philosophy is really clear, employees first, they are really interesting in their employees wellbeing and focus on keep them happy. I had some experience in other consultancies and this kind of thinking is really weird to find.
    - Mavens' employees are great and smart people who are always available to give you a hand.
    - As a great company, you will need to work hard and keep your work up-to-date. However, you will always have fun working in Mavens. This is something that I really love.
    - Also they help you to learn about latest technologies and methodologies.

I am really happy to be in this company and I highly recommend this company, you won't regret to join us.

Cons

I cannot say a real cons to this company. I just say that you will need to be responsible about your work, because of remotely work and hierarchy lack. However, this is not a real cons, it is something to keep in mind if you decide to apply for it.

Advice to Management

EU growing is great, so keep doing this good job. Also I think that Mavens' philosophy is perfect, don't lose it. Everything is possible to improve, but I think that Mavens is taking the right way. So please keep doing what you're doing. This is a special company.

8. "A great start to life at Mavens!"

I have been working at Mavens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My experience at Mavens so far has been exactly as described during my hiring process:

1. Bring the Fun - Employees work hard but also bring the fun to work. Mavens realise the importance of working hard but also having fun at the same time
    2. Innovative - The Mavens team are encouraged to be innovative and work with the cutting edge technology. The super smart team of functional and technical resources are continuously exploring new ideas and pushing the boundaries with the offerings the company provides within the industry.
    3. Employees First - The company genuinely keeps the employee wellbeing at the forefront of everything they do. Having only been at the company for a few months I have experienced this myself on a number of occasions already. This is definitely something I have not seen with other consultancies I have worked for.
    4. A great hiring and ramp process for new joiners!

Cons

Would be good to see some investment in dedicated sales & marketing to help drive new business but I know that is something that company are focusing on more this year.

Advice to Management

The company has a complete flat management structure with zero managers which is surprising to see but definitely works! However, as the company grows this may need to change by introducing a certain level (be it informal) of senior management to help drive the company vision and goals for the years ahead.

9. "A Consultancy with Personality!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

Pros

Last year I was reading these reviews and wondering if Mavens could really be as good as people were saying. After my first few months as a Maven, I'm happy to say that it genuinely is a great place to work:

- The people are fun, very good at what they do, and enjoy working here;
    - The culture is fantastic, giving us the autonomy and support to meet our own high standards;
    - The leadership demonstrates transparency and treats employees (including remote workers) with respect

I feel proud and fortunate to be a Maven, and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to work for a successful consultancy without selling their soul to a corporation.

Cons

I haven't encountered any real negatives so far, but people should know that working remotely, with a high degree of autonomy, is not for everyone - you must be able to deliver without a manager looking over your shoulder.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Mavens' people are what makes it special; don't ever jeopardise that by attempting to grow too quickly or making the recruitment process less rigorous.

10. "After 2 years, still a fantastic place to be"

Current Employee - Solution Architect in London, England

Pros

- Employees truly are number 1 priority
    - Role expansion and growth have been endless, my role has expanded in new and exciting directions
    - I have worked on hugely complex, interesting and rewarding projects
    - The company in growing in the EU paving the way for new opportunities

Cons

- Your role is what you make of it. If you see an opportunity or have an idea, it's up to you to execute on it and we each operate under that basis. Support is always there when you need/ask for it but you don't have a manager to drive your working schedule and priorities.

Advice to Management

- There is a lot of focus on EU growth and recruitment for 2015 - let's ensure we execute on it

Mavens Response

5 Jan 2015 – Director

Employees ARE first; so glad that resonates globally! And I agree completely that your role is what you make of it. Some people are more comfortable in a traditional hierarchical structure, but our... More