Mavens Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.8

Sort:

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mavens (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Before the regular interview process began, I was asked to configure a Salesforce instance according to a set of requirements and build out a Captivate training module on those pieces. I then was asked to present on what I did to several members of the team via GoToMeeting. I also had many telephone conversations with team members. Finally, I was flown to Chicago to meet the team where my time was spent on traditional interview

Interview Questions

• The whiteboard exercise was definitely most difficult question. It was a roleplay session in which I collected requirements from a mock client to see how I dealt with the situation.   1 Answer

Interview

The interview process was just over a month in length. An initial phone interview is followed by an exercise that consists of building a solution and presenting to the Mavens staff. You definitely want to give yourself enough time to build something you feel proud about! It's a great chance to demonstrate value in a way that goes beyond answering "canned" questions. In my case, all went well with the exercise and I was given a chance to meet the team in Chicago. I can't say enough about how amazing the team is. It was clear after just a few minutes that Mavens is a place where people are truly excited about the work they do. An offer was extended and accepted!

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult or unexpected with the questions. Be prepared to provide details and context for projects you have contributed to.   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mavens (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I had an initial call to explore the process which was very well explained. I then had 2 weeks to complete an application in Salesforce which was then presented back to 2 technical mavens. The process continued with an interview with a director and then the owner of the business. The whole process was very thorough and gave me great confidence about the level of people I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• The questions and approach is designed to test the way you approach problems.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mavens in September 2013.

Interview

The Mavens team were responsive and informative throughout the process. It was an extremely thorough process and challenging in places. I dealt with a lot of people in the company and they were all very enthusiastic and knowledgeable. I wish I had spent just a little more time during the preparation of the presentation phase, so my advce to future candidates wold be to take your time and work thoroughly at your own pace

Applications Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Mavens (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

The overall process took about 6 weeks from start to finish. I guess, this is pretty fast per Mavens Standards. A friend of mine referred me to a Mavens Employee and the process got started. The interview process itself is very unique, unlike I have experienced earlier. The hiring is centered around the Role-play exercise wherein the prospect needs to complete an assignment and present the same to the customer.
    Once that was completed, was brought over to the Chicago HQ to talk in person with various employees. This was to see if both of us are a good fit to each other.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciate the hiring process.

Applications Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mavens (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

Mavens is a very selective company and they have a demanding interview process. I spoke with a primary Maven, who introduces you to the company and what they are looking for in a colleague. I then spoke with a few other Mavens for about 30 minutes each. They then asked me to configure a salesforce.com org given some requirements. I was assigned a "Client" that I could liase with and ask questions or clarifications. I was expected to defend my configuration choices in a 45 minute presentation to the "Client." Afterward there was a 15 minute additional panel interview.

Take this process seriously. Be able to defend your choices in the way you designed an org. Mavens will ask hard questions during the presentation.

Interview Questions

• How would you contribute to Mavens in your first 30 days? 60 days? 90 days? What are your goals?   Answer Question

Salesforce Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mavens in December 2015.

Interview

I talked on the phone with Billy Ho, who told me all about the company and answered a lot of my questions about the sort of projects they did, the sort of clients they work with, and the company's overall mission statement and philosophy. He sent me a list of the company values and after reviewing these and following up with him, we spoke against and I was given a test assignment.

The assignment was a mock requirements review with a client who was role-played by another Mavens employee, then to build a solution based on these requirements. The project was estimated to take up to 20 hours and needed to be presented to 3 Mavens employees within two weeks.

This did take quite a bit of effort, more than what would be required for most positions, but it gave me a chance to work on something cool and I think was also the most effective way possible for them to evaluate my abilities as a developer and a consultant.

Interview Questions

• When I presented my mock project, the reviewers asked questions regarding both the functional side of my solution and the technical side. I was asked about code approaches, security/sharing model, etc. On the technical side, I was asked about the approach used in custom pages, the advantages/drawbacks of the approach I chose, and what some alternate approaches might have been.   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mavens (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely thorough and it allowed me to find out as much about Mavens as they found out about me. I had two phone interviews, and two face to face meetings.

For the first on-site meeting, I was tasked with presenting a solution based on a mock RFP, showing the panel my ability to present, as well as deal with unscripted challenges they presented with questions and concerns. The second face to face meeting was a one on one with a director to dive into specifics on my experience and the go to market approach.

Although the process took several weeks, I feel I was well-positioned to decide if Mavens was the right choice for me. I also feel the process gave the Mavens team the opportunity to get to know me and find out the value I can bring to the organization outside of my job history.

Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Mavens (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very organized and detailed. At each step in the process, I knew who I was interviewing with, why, and what their objectives were. Each interviewer embraced the Mavens corporate culture and you could tell they lived it every day. The team was very talented, but also humble. I knew that I wanted to work for Mavens after my very first meeting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you were pressured to make a personnel change, but you knew the client partner was doing the right things.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

The process that I went through was somewhat different as I was interviewing for a position in a sales role as opposed to a consultant role. That being said, the process was very well executed and very professional. The company takes great pride in their team and their culture and works to ensure that candidates understand the company and the position well before making a commitment. There is an emphasis on the candidate's ability to understand and express their value in their own words, and explain what work they have done in the past without simply standard 'interview by numbers' types of questions.

Interview Questions

• Generally there wasn't any question that was terribly difficult.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.