MediaMath Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.0
MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki
Joe Zawadzki

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work/life balance is also a major draw card; the work environment is very flexible" (in 59 reviews)

• "Amazing collection of smart people, focused on a common goal" (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • "The work-life balance isn't always great" (in 6 reviews)

• "Some growing pains as organization continues accelerated growth" (in 9 reviews)

1. "Mediamath London review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

Great working environment, experienced colleagues, opportunities to grow.

Cons

No cons for the company

Advice to Management

2. "A great cause that is well worth fighting for..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing opportunities to work supporting top tier clients around the world and live the vision to transform the global media buying industry; giving advertisers global insight into the returns from their money spent across advertising channels; enabling the move away from buying cheap and or buying blind clicks; instead deciding when and where to show an ad only ever based on what is going to drive actual business results.

Cons

Difficult and sometimes not profitable for MediaMath (short-term) always doing the right thing for advertisers in the face of market gorillas and the legacy industry players. Conversely, many legacy players perpetuate the disinformation; keeping data siloed and true performance hidden; with the aim of hiding greater margins.

Advice to Management

Keep being honest with yourselves and the employees about where we actually are on the journey.

"Great recruitment process and onboarding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was approached by a member of the recruitment team who explained the role to me without being salesy. Expectations, responsibilities, and challenges were clear and the role sounded very exciting; so here I was, ready for the interview rounds. Right before the final interview stage, I had to undergo an emergency surgery with an undefined period of recovery ahead. The recruitment team and the hiring manager showed great compassion and understanding when I decided to put my health first and no longer pursue the opportunity. Little I knew that people at MM are amazing and after a few weeks someone in the recruitment team checked in to see how I was doing and how my recovery was progressing. Long story short I was recovering well and before I knew I had my final interview booked in and got the job.

Cons

MediaMath is a complex organisation that has grown fast and its communication structure, processes, and procedures are still playing catch up. Not sure this is much of a cons as it’s more an opportunity for everyone to shape the company they are working for.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to make sure that your vision is clear at all levels of the org and your departmental leadership/management drive that vision further across the company

4. "Receptionist"

I worked at MediaMath full-time

Pros

- free food in kitchens - bread, milk, eggs, snacks, free drinks vending machine
    - yearly bonus after review
    -paid phone bill and health care
    -free bar in ofice

Cons

- very casual environment - dress code

"Great company with clear vision of the future"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, England

I worked at MediaMath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great learning curve on programmatic world.
    Colleagues very supportive and helpful.
    Nice atmosphere and culture.

Cons

Salary could be better,
    Team resourcing should be taken in consideration as well, as sometimes teams are going strength to strength to deliver.

Advice to Management

Try to keep to good talents in house and not just let them go.

"Get in and get out"

Former Employee - Vice President, Strategy Management in London, England
    Former Employee - Vice President, Strategy Management in London, England

I worked at MediaMath full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Free Lunches on Fridays
    - Free breakfast and an abundance of milk
    - Massages (if you have no work on and can respond to the email fast enough)
    - Monthly Free drinks at the Phoenix
    - You will be thrown in the deep end so you will get exposed to a wide range of clients
    - If you want a trip to New York or another office you can go there with a limp excuse
    - Very loose and carefree attitude amongst all employees

Cons

- Terrible pay and raises
    - Waves of people leaving the company / restructuring
    - No clear career progression, you'll probably report into someone in New York who will come into the office at 10-11am local time
    - Top heavy organisation , the list of VP's are endless here.
    - Low employee retention resulting in low morale for the office overall
    - Very poor HR Team overall

Advice to Management

Talk to the employees and sort out the morale

MediaMath Response

23 Mar 2017 – Managing Director, EMEA

I’m sorry to hear you feel this way – the criticisms that you make are indicative of a bad individual experience with your team and supervisors, but do not reflect the values, culture, or actual... More

"Still a fan of MediaMath"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture, people, flexibility, small company yet huge clients, leader in the market

Cons

pay below market, management not always on top of everything

Advice to Management

listen to your employees; especially from the teams with the higher turnover; prevent them from leaving offering an actually competitive salary

8. "Good place to work"

Pros

Great team and work-life balance

Cons

Restructuring may have impacted morales.

Advice to Management

At a risk of losing talents

"A fair place to work with local ability to overcome immediate challenges"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at MediaMath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

An excellent work-life balance for those that want it - advocacy of working remotely truly encouraged via accountability.

Local management are doing so well in view of a prescribed framework and should be commended for dealing with challenges not of their own making.

Cons

IMO, some priorities need to be shifted around for the greater good.

Often felt that (only in some cases!) those with a trans-atlantic reporting line could be accused of letting local colleagues down.

Advice to Management

Keep fighting the good fight for greater autonomy and responsibility. Some truly talented people have left through frustrations and more are sure to follow - but I have every confidence in the skilled local senior management to make things work.

"Feels like a very special place!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At MediaMath you really get the sense that everyone is working towards something that is meaningful and game changing. There are some great people working here and the culture is very open and informal. You feel you have a voice and is often asked for feedback. There is a lot to learn from the team here: some scarily intelligent and smart people work here. In addition some great perks like weekly massages and all the snacks you could ever wish for. Really appreciate the flexible working arrangements and the very comprehensive benefit package. You feel you are looked after and appreciated.

Cons

The structure is a little crazy with a lot of functional reporting lines into the US. This can often make it difficult for us to ensure a holistic approach is taken for the EMEA business. We need to improve internal communication, more celebration of successes and more information about coverall company performance. Less big talk and more facts (keep it simple!). Also need a better solution for communication flow between product and the client facing part of the business.

Advice to Management

Shift dotted lines in EMEA to solid lines. It’s not that we want to run in our own direction (feels like the head office fear that hence don't let go), but we have to devote a lot of unnecessary time coordinating and getting decisions made for the EMEA business because of too many budget holders in EMEA. A lot of people find it very challenging having managers located in the US. Many of our employees are relatively junior and could benefit greatly from a local manager who can support them on a daily basis providing immediate guidance and feedback on day-to-day work.