MediaMath Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 10 Jan 2020

3.4
MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki
Joe Zawadzki
Pros
  • "There is a good work-life balance - flexibility on working and great benefits and perks(in 60 reviews)

• "There are so many nice and smart people and teams you'll get to work with and meet(in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • "All good problems - the company is growing so quickly that the dynamic environment can be hard to manage(in 14 reviews)

• "Growing pains, sometimes inadequate management or decision making(in 10 reviews)

"Mediamath London review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

Great working environment, experienced colleagues, opportunities to grow.

Cons

No cons for the company

MediaMath2019-01-24

"Downward trend in employee growth and retention"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Leadership is not decentralised and so are the growth opportunities in regions outside the US.

Cons

Heavy Top Management and very US-oriented

MediaMath2019-09-23

"A great cause that is well worth fighting for..."

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing opportunities to work supporting top tier clients around the world and live the vision to transform the global media buying industry; giving advertisers global insight into the returns from their money spent across advertising channels; enabling the move away from buying cheap and or buying blind clicks; instead deciding when and where to show an ad only ever based on what is going to drive actual business results.

Cons

Difficult and sometimes not profitable for MediaMath (short-term) always doing the right thing for advertisers in the face of market gorillas and the legacy industry players. Conversely, many legacy players perpetuate the disinformation; keeping data siloed and true performance hidden; with the aim of hiding greater margins.

Advice to Management

Keep being honest with yourselves and the employees about where we actually are on the journey.

MediaMath2019-03-08

"Great recruitment process and onboarding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was approached by a member of the recruitment team who explained the role to me without being salesy. Expectations, responsibilities, and challenges were clear and the role sounded very exciting; so here I was, ready for the interview rounds. Right before the final interview stage, I had to undergo an emergency surgery with an undefined period of recovery ahead. The recruitment team and the hiring manager showed great compassion and understanding when I decided to put my health first and no longer pursue the opportunity. Little I knew that people at MM are amazing and after a few weeks someone in the recruitment team checked in to see how I was doing and how my recovery was progressing. Long story short I was recovering well and before I knew I had my final interview booked in and got the job.

Cons

MediaMath is a complex organisation that has grown fast and its communication structure, processes, and procedures are still playing catch up. Not sure this is much of a cons as it’s more an opportunity for everyone to shape the company they are working for.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to make sure that your vision is clear at all levels of the org and your departmental leadership/management drive that vision further across the company

MediaMath2018-04-04

"Receptionist"

I worked at MediaMath full-time

Pros

- free food in kitchens - bread, milk, eggs, snacks, free drinks vending machine - yearly bonus after review -paid phone bill and health care -free bar in ofice

Cons

- very casual environment - dress code

MediaMath2018-03-19

"Great company with clear vision of the future"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, England

I worked at MediaMath full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great learning curve on programmatic world. Colleagues very supportive and helpful. Nice atmosphere and culture.

Cons

Salary could be better, Team resourcing should be taken in consideration as well, as sometimes teams are going strength to strength to deliver.

Advice to Management

Try to keep to good talents in house and not just let them go.

MediaMath2018-02-28

"Get in and get out"

Former Employee - Vice President, Strategy Management in London, England

I worked at MediaMath full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Free Lunches on Fridays - Free breakfast and an abundance of milk - Massages (if you have no work on and can respond to the email fast enough) - Monthly Free drinks at the Phoenix - You will be thrown in the deep end so you will get exposed to a wide range of clients - If you want a trip to New York or another office you can go there with a limp excuse - Very loose and carefree attitude amongst all employees

Cons

- Terrible pay and raises - Waves of people leaving the company / restructuring - No clear career progression, you'll probably report into someone in New York who will come into the office at 10-11am local time - Top heavy organisation , the list of VP's are endless here. - Low employee retention resulting in low morale for the office overall - Very poor HR Team overall

Advice to Management

Talk to the employees and sort out the morale

MediaMath2017-03-10

"Still a fan of MediaMath"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company culture, people, flexibility, small company yet huge clients, leader in the market

Cons

pay below market, management not always on top of everything

Advice to Management

listen to your employees; especially from the teams with the higher turnover; prevent them from leaving offering an actually competitive salary

MediaMath2016-10-05
  9. "Good place to work"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at MediaMath

Pros

Great team and work-life balance

Cons

Restructuring may have impacted morales.

Advice to Management

At a risk of losing talents

MediaMath2016-09-25

"A fair place to work with local ability to overcome immediate challenges"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

An excellent work-life balance for those that want it - advocacy of working remotely truly encouraged via accountability. Local management are doing so well in view of a prescribed framework and should be commended for dealing with challenges not of their own making.

Cons

IMO, some priorities need to be shifted around for the greater good. Often felt that (only in some cases!) those with a trans-atlantic reporting line could be accused of letting local colleagues down.

Advice to Management

Keep fighting the good fight for greater autonomy and responsibility. Some truly talented people have left through frustrations and more are sure to follow - but I have every confidence in the skilled local senior management to make things work.

MediaMath2016-06-16