MediaMath Reviews

Found 389 of over 414 reviews

3.1
MediaMath CEO Neil Nguyen
Neil Nguyen
Pros
  • "CEO is fired up and believes MediaMath can be a winner in the market(in 71 reviews)

• "Pretty flexible, good work-life balance(in 65 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I can’t imagine the recent positive reviews on this site for MediaMath are real(in 39 reviews)

• "there are definitely some growing pains(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

A place to learn and grow

Nov 4, 2021 - Trading in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Working next to really smart people, obsessed with the industry and keeping up to speed with all the changes -People come happy to work -Abundance of knowledge resources -Opportunities to run projects and your ideas are listened and valued

Cons

-Can get overwhelming if you don't know how to prioritize tasks

2. 4.0

Good teamwork

Mar 22, 2022 - Programmatic Trader
      Business Outlook

Pros

The goal target is not precise

Cons

Commission percentage is good one

Director People Partner

Thank you for sharing this review. I’m very glad that you're having a positive experience with MediaMath. Your experience being characterized by “good teamwork” is great to see. Thanks again, Eleni Nicholas, CCO

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Friendly environment

Jan 22, 2022 - Client Success Specialist in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

fast-moving environment friendly atmosphere Cosmopolitan team

Cons

Need more ressources Support from additional team Communication from leaders team

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company to work for

Oct 26, 2021 - Software Engineer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary, Nice people, Good workplace Opportunities, Benefits

Cons

Nothing to hide, it is a very good company

5. 4.0

positive transformation

Jun 7, 2021 - People Team Member
      Business Outlook

Pros

new leadership team embracing transparency and solid vision for the future

Cons

as in any transformation, the journey can be bumpy

6. 4.0

Mostly good things

Feb 3, 2021 - Trading
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is lots of opportunity if you are okay working in a start up like culture.

Cons

Frequent changes in middle and senior management lead to disorganization and unclear direction.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Once a great company, now not so much

Sep 9, 2020 - Engineering
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good benefits - Good people / culture - Good work life balance

Cons

- No personal growth unless you know someone. Experience does not matter - Uncompetitive salary - no yearly pay rise (maybe limited to certain offices and/or people) - People jumping from one depart to another with no experience into senior positions. It is quite demoralising to see - It feels like there are more VP's and directors than individual contributors - VERY US centric - Constant production issues - the engineering teams try their best to keep a broken product running. Releases often lead to production issues - Leadership are interested in pushing out new products/features when the time should be spent on fixing/optimising the current state of the product The company has not been the same since the well publicised 2016 layoffs. There have been regular cuts to budgets/benefits since then. I personally do not trust the vast majority of these positive reviews.

3 people found this review helpful

Manager, HR Business Partner

Thank you for providing your feedback. We want to be sure we adequately respond to your feedback point by point and welcome the opportunity to talk even further. First, we’re glad to hear that during your time with us you had a good experience with your colleagues and enjoyed our benefits. We do put a lot of thought and intention into our culture and strive to foster a healthy work-life balance across the company. As part of our focus on continually improving the experience of all of our employees, we recently hired a new Chief People Officer. Among her areas of focus for the near term is evaluating our overall promotion and compensation practices to ensure we are promoting fair practices throughout the organization. We do take pride in our internal mobility program as we think it is a great opportunity for our employees to stretch and flex their transferable skills into new roles and learn along the way, reflecting onf one of our core values: “Obsess Over Learning and Growth.” While we always try to align our internal transfers to ensure their skills and abilities match the position, your feedback is a helpful for us to be hyper focused on ensuring that our transfers are adequately equipped to succeed in their new roles and ensure our teams are properly staffed. Over the past 24 months, we have implemented a new engineering organizational structure aimed to ensure our people have a dedicated leader focused on their growth; in doing so most of our engineers find themselves in individual contributor roles with a small number of VPs managing people. We are also continuing to invest in our global growth and recently welcomed a UK-based Chief Client Officer. Our technology leadership team is committed to focusing on the improvement of our technology and release process to best serve our clients. In the interest of continual improvement, we will certainly bring this feedback to our head of engineering. Our leadership team is committed, now more than ever, to transparency and is open and willing to discuss ongoing issues through our weekly global all hands meetings and opportunities to ask questions openly and anonymously. Like many companies, 2020 has presented vast and unanticipated challenges and we did instate a 10% pay-cut across the board, including all leadership team members. We were open and transparent about this pay-cut and also prioritized the reinstatement of salaries to non-leadership positions first. (We are now happy to say that we have reinstated salaries across the company!) Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Awful

Sep 29, 2020 - Platform Support
      Business Outlook

Pros

None - hard to think of any

Cons

micromanaging like there's no tomorrow

Manager, HR Business Partner

Thank you for your review and feedback. We strive to support our employees throughout their journey, including giving managers the resources they need to be successful and having People Partners in place to support all of our people. We know there’s always room to improve and feedback like yours drives us to do so.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee

Toxic Environment Avoid At All Costs

Aug 11, 2020 - Senior Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty of snacks and drinks

Cons

Where do I begin? Company would rather make employees redundant than cut the snacks budget, employees have little respect and have managed to create one of the most toxic environments I have ever had to work in, only way of promotion is if you are popular and shout the loudest, low salary but they dress it up with added perks like snacks and drinks (last time I checked that doesn't pay my rent), managers have no experience with actually managing people and completely out of touch with the real world ... list goes on

7 people found this review helpful

Manager, HR Business Partner

Thank you for providing your candid feedback. We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed our benefits and perks. We do take your concerns about our managers’ experience and our career growth practices seriously. We prioritize providing our managers with the tools, trainings, and resources that they need to develop and grow our people. We recently hired a new Chief People Officer and part of her mandate is to evaluate and adjust as needed, our promotion process and practices to ensure we are fair and equitable across the organization. Thank you again for your feedback and we welcome further conversation.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Exciting company and caring colleagues

Feb 25, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

MediaMath is a really great place to create and pursue new opportunities or projects/roles that you find interesting. People are always willing to take their time and go the extra mile to help you with a question/task. This isn't a company that sticks with the status quo but is rather always challenging it and thinking of new ways to improve.

Cons

No major cons at this time.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 389 Reviews

MediaMath Reviews FAQs

MediaMath has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 414 reviews left anonymously by employees. 50% of employees would recommend working at MediaMath to a friend and 35% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, MediaMath employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at MediaMath. This rating has decreased by -13% over the last 12 months.

50% of MediaMath employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated MediaMath 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with MediaMath Job Seekers