MediaMath Reviews

Updated 21 Feb 2021

3.4
MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki
Joe Zawadzki
Pros
  • "They trust in their employees, and the work/life balance is really good(in 64 reviews)

• "flexibility , smart people, office view and food pantry(in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • "All good problems - the company is growing so quickly that the dynamic environment can be hard to manage(in 14 reviews)

• "Some growing pains -- some instability due to several re-organizations over the past few years; way too many disparate technology stacks(in 12 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

"Mediamath London review"

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

Great working environment, experienced colleagues, opportunities to grow.

Cons

No cons for the company

2. "Mostly good things"

Current Employee - Trading

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

There is lots of opportunity if you are okay working in a start up like culture.

Cons

Frequent changes in middle and senior management lead to disorganization and unclear direction.

"Once a great company, now not so much"

2.0
    Former Employee - Engineering

I worked at MediaMath full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Good benefits - Good people / culture - Good work life balance

Cons

- No personal growth unless you know someone. Experience does not matter - Uncompetitive salary - no yearly pay rise (maybe limited to certain offices and/or people) - People jumping from one depart to another with no experience into senior positions. It is quite demoralising to see - It feels like there are more VP's and directors than individual contributors - VERY US centric - Constant production issues - the engineering teams try their best to keep a broken product running. Releases often lead to production issues - Leadership are interested in pushing out new products/features when the time should be spent on fixing/optimising the current state of the product The company has not been the same since the well publicised 2016 layoffs. There have been regular cuts to budgets/benefits since then. I personally do not trust the vast majority of these positive reviews.

October 20, 2020Manager, HR Business Partner

Thank you for providing your feedback. We want to be sure we adequately respond to your feedback point by point and welcome the opportunity to talk even further. First, we’re glad to hear that during your time with us you had a good experience with your colleagues and enjoyed our benefits. We do put a lot of thought and intention into our culture and strive to foster a healthy work-life balance across the company. As part of our focus on continually improving the experience of all of our employees, we recently hired a new Chief People Officer. Among her areas of focus for the near term is evaluating our overall promotion and compensation practices to ensure we are promoting fair practices throughout the organization. We do take pride in our internal mobility program as we think it is a great opportunity for our employees to stretch and flex their transferable skills into new roles and learn along the way, reflecting onf one of our core values: “Obsess Over Learning and Growth.” While we always try to align our internal transfers to ensure their skills and abilities match the position, your feedback is a helpful for us to be hyper focused on ensuring that our transfers are adequately equipped to succeed in their new roles and ensure our teams are properly staffed. Over the past 24 months, we have implemented a new engineering organizational structure aimed to ensure our people have a dedicated leader focused on their growth; in doing so most of our engineers find themselves in individual contributor roles with a small number of VPs managing people. We are also continuing to invest in our global growth and recently welcomed a UK-based Chief Client Officer. Our technology leadership team is committed to focusing on the improvement of our technology and release process to best serve our clients. In the interest of continual improvement, we will certainly bring this feedback to our head of engineering. Our leadership team is committed, now more than ever, to transparency and is open and willing to discuss ongoing issues through our weekly global all hands meetings and opportunities to ask questions openly and anonymously. Like many companies, 2020 has presented vast and unanticipated challenges and we did instate a 10% pay-cut across the board, including all leadership team members. We were open and transparent about this pay-cut and also prioritized the reinstatement of salaries to non-leadership positions first. (We are now happy to say that we have reinstated salaries across the company!) Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

"Awful"

1.0
    Former Employee - Platform Support

I worked at MediaMath full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None - hard to think of any

Cons

micromanaging like there's no tomorrow

October 20, 2020Manager, HR Business Partner

Thank you for your review and feedback. We strive to support our employees throughout their journey, including giving managers the resources they need to be successful and having People Partners in place to support all of our people. We know there’s always room to improve and feedback like yours drives us to do so.

"Toxic Environment Avoid At All Costs"

1.0
    Former Employee - Senior Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at MediaMath full-time

Pros

Plenty of snacks and drinks

Cons

Where do I begin? Company would rather make employees redundant than cut the snacks budget, employees have little respect and have managed to create one of the most toxic environments I have ever had to work in, only way of promotion is if you are popular and shout the loudest, low salary but they dress it up with added perks like snacks and drinks (last time I checked that doesn't pay my rent), managers have no experience with actually managing people and completely out of touch with the real world ... list goes on

October 20, 2020Manager, HR Business Partner

Thank you for providing your candid feedback. We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed our benefits and perks. We do take your concerns about our managers’ experience and our career growth practices seriously. We prioritize providing our managers with the tools, trainings, and resources that they need to develop and grow our people. We recently hired a new Chief People Officer and part of her mandate is to evaluate and adjust as needed, our promotion process and practices to ensure we are fair and equitable across the organization. Thank you again for your feedback and we welcome further conversation.

"Exciting company and caring colleagues"

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

MediaMath is a really great place to create and pursue new opportunities or projects/roles that you find interesting. People are always willing to take their time and go the extra mile to help you with a question/task. This isn't a company that sticks with the status quo but is rather always challenging it and thinking of new ways to improve.

Cons

No major cons at this time.

"Downward trend in employee growth and retention"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Leadership is not decentralised and so are the growth opportunities in regions outside the US.

Cons

Heavy Top Management and very US-oriented

"A great cause that is well worth fighting for..."

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing opportunities to work supporting top tier clients around the world and live the vision to transform the global media buying industry; giving advertisers global insight into the returns from their money spent across advertising channels; enabling the move away from buying cheap and or buying blind clicks; instead deciding when and where to show an ad only ever based on what is going to drive actual business results.

Cons

Difficult and sometimes not profitable for MediaMath (short-term) always doing the right thing for advertisers in the face of market gorillas and the legacy industry players. Conversely, many legacy players perpetuate the disinformation; keeping data siloed and true performance hidden; with the aim of hiding greater margins.

Continue reading

"Great recruitment process and onboarding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was approached by a member of the recruitment team who explained the role to me without being salesy. Expectations, responsibilities, and challenges were clear and the role sounded very exciting; so here I was, ready for the interview rounds. Right before the final interview stage, I had to undergo an emergency surgery with an undefined period of recovery ahead. The recruitment team and the hiring manager showed great compassion and understanding when I decided to put my health first and no longer pursue the opportunity. Little I knew that people at MM are amazing and after a few weeks someone in the recruitment team checked in to see how I was doing and how my recovery was progressing. Long story short I was recovering well and before I knew I had my final interview booked in and got the job.

Cons

MediaMath is a complex organisation that has grown fast and its communication structure, processes, and procedures are still playing catch up. Not sure this is much of a cons as it’s more an opportunity for everyone to shape the company they are working for.

"Receptionist"

I worked at MediaMath full-time

Pros

- free food in kitchens - bread, milk, eggs, snacks, free drinks vending machine - yearly bonus after review -paid phone bill and health care -free bar in ofice

Cons

- very casual environment - dress code

Viewing 1 - 10 of 354 English Reviews