78% would recommend to a friend
(5583 total reviews)
88% approve of CEO
Found 5,583 of over 7K reviews
Updated 29 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "a great and total benefits package" (in 625 reviews)
- "2) Good work life balance...Except the last couple of weeks leading to a release." (in 446 reviews)
- "until it changed and thought they are a mature player in the uk market; personal development; great people; international network" (in 350 reviews)
- "Pay was good and great" (in 184 reviews)
- "The culture and management style were great!" (in 115 reviews)
- "Poor management and could not keep up with regulation changes" (in 218 reviews)
- "Unlike other companies a bonus at MetLife is part of your pay (because the salaries are low) so you count on those dollars." (in 155 reviews)
- "There were some good managers there that understood that they looked good when their teams performed and developed their people accordingly." (in 104 reviews)
- "poor leadership and future vision of company missing" (in 69 reviews)
- "Micro managed , bad calls, vendors, upper management had no clue what they’re doing" (in 68 reviews)
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEW24 Feb 2023Account ExecutiveCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearBrighton, England
Great onboarding experience. I felt part of the team since day one. A friendly and healthy environment that allows you to perform your best. Senior leadership team is extremely accessible. I would highly recommend to anyone considering a career change. MetLife as an employer is inclusive, fair and interested in your development as a professional and as a person. Senior leadership is extremely accessible
None so far, all good.
- 4.010 Nov 2023Customer ServiceFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsBrighton, England
Colleagues, benefits, decent pay, medical cover
High workload, keeps coming but time passes quickly
- 4.015 Sept 2023Claims AssessorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBrighton, England
Great company good people Progression is a bit stumped at the moment
Some management problems and quick turn around in some teams
- 4.021 Feb 2023Technical AssistantFormer Employee
Only Temping for 3 months. Seems a great place to work. Really nice people - much better than a lot of places I've worked at and pleasantly surprised. Nicely organised. Work together to an extent. Nice office in Brighton.
Work can be a bit dull and unexciting working with insurance policies and data input. So perhaps hard to focus all day. There were some 'cliques' as it were, so I was initially offered an extension to my temporary contract, then it was withdrawn without a reason. Other than that, as long as you work with a good manager, and nice team, and the work is interesting, there are few disadvantages to my knowledge.
- 3.06 Oct 2022Claims RepresentativeFormer Employee
Benefits are great, their pension contributions, life insurance, and income protection are generous. Additional subsidised benefits such as healthcare, dental etc are available too.
The terrible systems, and internal politics are an inside joke throughout the company. The overall culture is pretty negative, harassment/bullying is rife in certain departments, and every team is pressured to do constant overtime because sufficient headcount is never signed off in the U.S The exec team genuinely seem to want to make things better but are totally out of touch with the day-to-day experience of the average employee.
MetLife Reviews FAQs
MetLife has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 6,962 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at MetLife to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
78% of MetLife employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated MetLife 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.