Michelmores Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2022

Found 87 of over 94 reviews

4.4
Pros
  • "From what I have seen so far Michelmores is one of the stand out firms to really offer flexible working that works(in 27 reviews)

• "The quality of work is of a high level(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The only con I can think of is that I wish the gym was bigger and the brilliant PT was full time(in 4 reviews)

• "There are drawbacks for working at Michelmores(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Law

Join the conversation on

Law

76.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/law/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Michelmores~766308
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Jul 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hybrid Working Birthday Day Off Part of a GREAT Team

Cons

None, I love it here!

2. 3.0

Review headline

Jun 7, 2022 - Senior Associate Solicitor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance. Supportive atmosphere.

Cons

Low pay. Not highly ranked compared to London based firms.

3. 5.0

Really friendly

Mar 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly, welcoming and ambitious firm.

Cons

None that I can think of.

HR Assistant

Hi, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are really pleased to hear that you are enjoying your time with us so far and that people have been friendly and welcoming. We hope you continue to enjoy your time with us

4. 5.0

Love it!

Mar 7, 2022 - Office Assistant in Sidmouth, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with the company for a little while now and I absolutely love it. All of the team are friendly, caring and are there to help one an other. The work ethic of everyone is so high it makes you want to work better yourself. Although there are 5 offices based in different areas of the UK, we are all 'one-firm' and communication is amazing. My manager and the HR Team have always supported me in any ways possible and I love how many financial, mental wellbeing benefits there are from the moment you join the firm. All an all, I have never enjoyed a job so much as this placement.

Cons

None! I have loved the balance of work and home life.

HR Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are really pleased to see such a positive review on our colleagues across different teams and locations and to hear that you are enjoying your work so much.

5. 4.0

Office assistant

Feb 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy job, not stressful and manageable

Cons

Do not get holidays or sickness pay on probation period

HR Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are pleased to hear you are getting on well in your role so thank you for sharing this. In terms of our holiday policy, you are able to take holiday within your probation period, and we encourage colleagues to do so. We do recommend you don't take more holiday days than you are entitled to during your probation period as the first few months are crucial to your learning, however, we do want colleagues to take the holiday they are entitled to both within their probation period and afterwards. In terms of sickness pay, this is in line with the market and organisations don't usually offer this during someone's probation, however we follow our sickness pay policy once someone successfully passes their probation. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

6. 5.0

Great law firm

Jan 13, 2022 - Trainee Solicitor in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly and helpful colleagues and interesting and engaging work

Cons

It is still an Exeter focused firm and more expansion is needed in London and Bristol

HR Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are really pleased to see such a positive review on our colleagues and the work that you are getting involved in. Thank you for your point around expanding outside of being an Exeter focused firm, this is something we are continuing to look at but will take some time and we are actively taking steps to move away from just being seen as an Exeter focused firm. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

7. 5.0

New

Nov 3, 2021 - Human Resources Advisor in Exeter, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been here for just over 3 months and the induction process was really smooth, I feel very supported in my role and I am really enjoying being part of the firm!

Cons

Hasn’t been any so far!

8. 5.0

Great place to work

Oct 27, 2021 - Solicitor in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly people, good level of work and exposure, good salary, broad variety of work and clients, supportive employer. Great location for the Bristol office. Very "one-firm" approach across the offices so have the opportunity to do work in all different areas and can travel between the offices

Cons

Nothing bad to say - they're a great firm

HR Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are really pleased to see such a positive review on your team and of course will take not of your point around continuing to listen to employees and get their input, this is something we are looking to do more of as we move forwards. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Diverse role

Aug 12, 2021 - Administrative Assistant in Exeter, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good team morale, varied role which is always busy. Good supportive manager.

Cons

Sometimes expectations are too high, sometimes clear instructions not always received.

Lead Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are really pleased to see such a positive review on your team, manager and position and will of course take note of your points raised around expectations and instructions. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

You can do whatever you want, if you're a lawyer

Aug 11, 2021 - Team Leader in Exeter, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary and no expense spared in terms of office furniture and equipment.

Cons

The equity partners are allowed to treat staff however they want - there is no reprimand. This meant that I was screamed at, ignored, and generally mistreated by them, frequently and told that I would "never win the fight" if I raised a grievance against them. It also took at least a year for any projects to be signed off because of the amount of stakeholders involved in any decision. No development or progression.

Lead Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. As a Firm, we value our inclusive culture, and do our best to protect and promote this. Good behaviors form the bedrock of our values, and our aspiration is that all of our Partners lead by example. This ethos forms one of the key measures of how we evaluate the individual contribution of our Partners. We take all feedback seriously, particularly where it is suggesting inappropriate behaviors are not being addressed, and will continue to strive to make Michelmores an even better place to work.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 87 Reviews

Michelmores Reviews FAQs

Michelmores has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 94 reviews left anonymously by employees. 91% of employees would recommend working at Michelmores to a friend and 87% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Michelmores employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Michelmores. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

91% of Michelmores employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Michelmores 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Michelmores to be benefits, management, career development and the cons to be MISSING VALUE.