Michelmores Reviews

Updated Jan 13, 2022

Found 82 of over 89 reviews

4.4
Pros
  • "From what I have seen so far Michelmores is one of the stand out firms to really offer flexible working that works(in 27 reviews)

• "The quality of work is of a high level(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The only con I can think of is that I wish the gym was bigger and the brilliant PT was full time(in 4 reviews)

• "There are drawbacks for working at Michelmores(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Law

Join the conversation on

Law

6m

an

Associate Attorney

It seems partners are much more flexible with associates who have kids than with those who don’t. If it’s okay for my colleague with a kid to leave at 5 pm and log on later, why isn’t that the same for me (no kids)? My obligations might be different, but I still have a life and want to be able to do certain things, like catch that evening workout class or cook dinner for my partner. As you can probably tell, my firm is operating 100% in person. There is no point here — I’m just whining.

3,346

405 Comments

Law

51.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/law/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Michelmores~766308
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0

Great law firm

Jan 13, 2022 - Trainee Solicitor in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly and helpful colleagues and interesting and engaging work

Cons

It is still an Exeter focused firm and more expansion is needed in London and Bristol

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

New

Nov 3, 2021 - Human Resources Advisor in Exeter, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been here for just over 3 months and the induction process was really smooth, I feel very supported in my role and I am really enjoying being part of the firm!

Cons

Hasn’t been any so far!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Oct 27, 2021 - Solicitor in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly people, good level of work and exposure, good salary, broad variety of work and clients, supportive employer. Great location for the Bristol office. Very "one-firm" approach across the offices so have the opportunity to do work in all different areas and can travel between the offices

Cons

Nothing bad to say - they're a great firm

Continue reading
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Diverse role

Aug 12, 2021 - Administrative Assistant in Exeter, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good team morale, varied role which is always busy. Good supportive manager.

Cons

Sometimes expectations are too high, sometimes clear instructions not always received.

Lead Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are really pleased to see such a positive review on your team, manager and position and will of course take note of your points raised around expectations and instructions. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

You can do whatever you want, if you're a lawyer

Aug 11, 2021 - Team Leader in Exeter, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary and no expense spared in terms of office furniture and equipment.

Cons

The equity partners are allowed to treat staff however they want - there is no reprimand. This meant that I was screamed at, ignored, and generally mistreated by them, frequently and told that I would "never win the fight" if I raised a grievance against them. It also took at least a year for any projects to be signed off because of the amount of stakeholders involved in any decision. No development or progression.

Continue reading

Lead Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. As a Firm, we value our inclusive culture, and do our best to protect and promote this. Good behaviors form the bedrock of our values, and our aspiration is that all of our Partners lead by example. This ethos forms one of the key measures of how we evaluate the individual contribution of our Partners. We take all feedback seriously, particularly where it is suggesting inappropriate behaviors are not being addressed, and will continue to strive to make Michelmores an even better place to work.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Top 100 Firm

May 7, 2021 - Personal Assistant in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good home / work life balance.

Cons

Too top heavy with management

Lead Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, its much appreciated. We are pleased to see your positive comments around home/work life balance, as this is an area we are very proud to promote. Note re your comments on top heavy management, thank you again for providing feedback on this.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Much better than other local firms

Feb 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Forward thinking, freedom to work how it suits and great people.

Cons

None. I love working at Michelmores.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Lovely place to work

Jan 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people Good pay Good progression opportunities

Cons

Staff undervalued Clear separation between management and employees

9. 3.0
      Former Employee

Poor pay

Jan 24, 2021 - Junior Paralegal
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some good benefits as a larger company

Cons

Poorly paid and working with stroppy solicitors

10. 5.0

Love my job

Oct 15, 2020 - Solicitor in Exeter, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The firm is friendly, ambitious and motivating.

Cons

None. I love working at Michelmores.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 82 Reviews