Mimecast Reviews

Updated 3 Jul 2020

3.6
Mimecast CEO Peter Bauer
Peter Bauer
Pros
  • "Nice amenities, free lunch 4 days a week(in 23 reviews)

• "Great culture, work/life balance, products and company vision(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "Mimecast is a company that is growing fast and accordingly, you might occasionally run into some growing pains(in 15 reviews)

• "There’s no guidance whatsoever and they expect you to create your own career path with no promise of helping you get there(in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"On the whole, positive..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Mimecast full-time

Pros

Great office space, good autonomous working environment, WFH, fun & intelligent people (generally), ice machine in the office...

Cons

Lack of communication/direction on new initiatives/projects, some issues are not followed up seriously when raised, lack of transparency and communication with changes and when hiring/firing within the team

May 6, 2020Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback. We value feedback like this because it allows us to make improvements in our process and policies and gives us insight into our employees opinions. We are conscious of the internal pulse of our employee population and we always look to hear what employees are thinking and adjust how we listen a bit differently . Thank you for taking the time writing this so we can strive to maintain a best in class workplace.

2. COVID-19

"Great first month"

Current Employee - Vice President Professional Services in London, England

I have been working at Mimecast full-time for less than a year

Pros

Changing jobs in the middle of the COVID-19 crisis is not exactly the easiest thing in the world. But despite these challenges, Mimecast has done an outstanding job in accompanying me in the interview process and subsequently in the onboarding process. Below are a few of the things that I appreciated so far: - Great onboarding process: My first week was dedicated to inductions during which I got a comprehensive tour of all functions within the company. Due to the current situation, this was all done through video conferencing, but it was great to understand the company as a whole and to meet with various people that I would subsequently be working with - Constant communication from senior leadership: Our CEO creates weekly videos shared with the entire company in which he keeps us up to date with the latest developments (both from a business perspective as well as a status update on the life at the company). Within my own organization, we also get another weekly video from our SVP that covers customer operations specifics and nominates people to thank them for their engagement despite working from home - Focus on Employee well being and engagement: I appreciate the definite effort made to support employees. From training/learning metrics incorporated in our yearly performance goals, to reimbursement of home office supplies and a fund to support employees in need; Mimecast is going to great length to make sure that employee is happy and can develop their career - Benefits: In line with the above, I find that the benefits that are provided are really attractive. Starting with a great looking office that I am looking forward to actually see in person that comes with a ton of amenities, an employer funded private health insurance,to an employee share purchasing plan and more... - Great Team: Both points above ensure that the team is made of exceptional people that truly have the interest of the company at heart. I have received a very warm welcome and am looking forward to doing great things together.

Cons

Mimecast is a company that is growing fast and accordingly, you might occasionally run into some growing pains. I personally like this type of fast paced environment, but this is something to keep in mind when planning to join.

July 6, 2020Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback and the recommendation! Hearing from our Mimecasters is important to help us continue driving a positive working experience. We value your opinion. Thank you!

"Outstanding and employees are the priority!"

Current Employee - Employee in London, England

I have been working at Mimecast full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great teams and strong leadership, a flexible work-life balance, endless career opportunities, they embrace diversity, have a values-based, respectful culture.

Cons

We're all having to work from home right now and we're missing our amazing new London office, however we've been set up really well to function as a 100% remote workforce.

May 15, 2020Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write this thoughtful review. We pride ourselves on our culture and the care and well being of our employee population and Diversity and Inclusion is one our number one priorities here at Mimecast. With the recent hire of our Diversity and Inclusion Manager, we feel with this addition, it will help our company take this initiative to the next level. Thank you for joining Mimecast and taking time out of your day to write this review. We value opinions and we are always improving our communication and processes to benefit our employees.

"Poor sales management led to unethical redundancies."

2.0
    Former Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in London, England

I worked at Mimecast full-time for less than a year

Pros

Leadership are willing to invest in further sales enablement of their reps.

Cons

Sales Management in my sector (Enterprise) resulted in me departing.

May 6, 2020Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback. We value feedback like this because it allows us to make improvements in our process and policies and gives us insight into our employees opinions. We strive to maintain a best in class workplace and we are always looking for ways to improve. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

"Good company, too bad about my manager"

Former Employee - Network Engineer in London, England

I worked at Mimecast full-time

Pros

Very good company, well run

Cons

I wished my manager was someone else (other team's manager within Mimecast)

May 6, 2020Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback. We value feedback like this because it allows us to make improvements in our process and policies and gives us insight into our employees opinions. Our management teams are continuously going through training on best practices and there are always areas to improve. Thank you again for taking the time to write this review.

"Not bad but"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Mimecast full-time

Pros

good balance between work and life

Cons

If you are looking for a technology company, it may not be a good place.

"Miserable culture"

I worked at Mimecast full-time

Pros

Good salary and above the industry standars.

Cons

Average age is too high. No opportunities for young people.

"Great place to work"

5.0

I have been working at Mimecast

Pros

- Incredible and Innovative office space - Great Culture - Fun and frequent socials - Employees are treated with respect - Great colleagues and managers that care about your wellbeing and growth as a professional

Cons

There is none at the moment

"The people make Mimecast"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Mimecast full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of very talented engineers solving complex problems. The vast majority of people are a pleasure to work with and that’s what makes us still have a startup vibe. Having worked for several other large corporations Mimecast is the best company I have ever worked for by far. The new office in London is world class.

Cons

As with all companies there are some small pockets or individuals that are difficult but I’ve never worked at a company where that doesn’t happen.

Continue reading

"Please take notice of these reviews"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Mimecast full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Incredible new office space, a real investment in the workforce and resources - Fruit, breakfast materials provided daily - Frequent socials - Business is growing and has a strong presence in the market with some huge potential

Cons

- As we've scaled, certain departments seem to have turned into a toxic negative culture - Corporate feel - MC is growing but that doesn't mean we have to lose what made us successful to begin with - Too much to do, too little time. There's fast paced and then there's Mimecast!! - Individuals in HR are disingenuous, supremist in their nature and borderline rude appearing busy when in reality they are never present. One advocated mental health a while back (albeit as a one off never to be spoken of again...tick box exercise?) which is very ironic given their own lack of empathy towards people. Very surprised they are still there. - More and more US centric, decisions aren't communicated until they are implemented, with no margin for consultation or compromise regionally whether things work or not

Found 207 reviews