Monster Worldwide Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.9
Timothy T. Yates

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Communications from upper management wasn't always timely" (in 37 reviews)

• "Work/Life balance - the stress of this job follows me home even when I proactively try to avoid it" (in 14 reviews)

"Great company to work with"

I worked at Monster Worldwide full-time

Pros

Relaxed work environment
    Allowed for improvement and accreditation of skills

Cons

Career progression was slow and could be improved through incentives

"Monster... the Graveyard for good Sales People!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Glasgow, Scotland
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Monster Worldwide full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Not many I'm afraid, average salary packages!

Cons

Poor overall, Inexperienced people managers, Micromanaged environment, Old fashioned management styles, think " Boiler room meets Wolf of wall street" and you'll be close, they make 80's double glazing sales practices look tame! Divide and conquer seems to be the management mantra, they just don't know how to treat their sales teams with any respect, sales dinosaurs who will do anything to hang on to their own positions of power! Egotistic managers with self gain mentality, cronyism is rife at monster and comes from the top of telesales down!

Advice to Management

Senior leaders at Randstad should take note....... clear out your UK sales management ASAP, the uk leader and his band of merry men embody EVERYTHING that is wrong with monster!

Difficult to make bonus, poor investment, below average site performance and declining market share are never good combinations but when you add in very poor out of date management, micromanagement, you have a very unhealthy place of work!
    If your in the "DJ" boys club your in, if not, it's a really tough place to work! The only decent manager they had in Glasgow was the irish telesales manager, even he got targeted and has now left also, another key loss! This type of thing has become a regular thing within monster these days, it's really sad as we're all guessing daily "who's next"

There's no doubts that Monster is a company in decline, a once good company is now being so badly run, it has been so for a long time now. Currently it is looking inwardly trying to cut costs and targeting its good people as it struggles to make any profit in uk & ireland.

From my experience over the years, its so out of date that it has almost become irrelevant, there are just many companies out there doing it much better these days.

My advice, if you want to get ahead in your sales career then you should avoid working at monster at all cost, it is the graveyard for good sales people, go work for Reed, CV library or Indeed, they seem to get much better reviews, they just couldn't be as bad as life working at monster, and that makes me very sad!

3. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Monster Worldwide full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Management, Communication is transparent, Benefits, Career Opportunities

Cons

Salaries are not so competitive anymore but still very good

"Could be good but it just isn’t!"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Monster Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some great people! Struggling here, location!

Cons

There is a culture and if you don’t perticapate your face won’t fit!

Advice to Management

Be Managers, don’t just help your friends everyone has a right to be successful, The M.D. didn’t interact at all with staff just certain people!

"Better companies to work for out there....."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Glasgow, Scotland
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at Monster Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice central offices, standard basic salary, bonus was reasonably competitive (although very few people actually achieve it) Good career opportunities if you're prepared to move outwith Glasgow. i.e to London.

Cons

Unprofessional management style. No leadership, supervision only. Think 1980s double glazing sales management. Probably a good place to work if you are a school leaver or your first job but if you've worked anywhere else you would understand this isn't how an organisation should run and staff deserve to be treated with more respect. Also job boards are a dying industry and the company are short lived.

Advice to Management

Change has to come from the top down. Glasgow needs strong leadership and a more professional leader.

6. "Good employer, great earning potential and well rewarded for hard work"

I have been working at Monster Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Innovative business, good internal relationships, excellent earning potential and hard work is rewarded.

Cons

Communication from senior level could be improved. Look after your loyal members of staff.

Advice to Management

Communicate more effectively and regularly and look after your key people

7. "Great company, good opportunities for progression"

I have been working at Monster Worldwide full-time

Pros

Flex working, nice people, focusing on areas that have been identified that need improvement to push the business forward.

Cons

Competitive environment but what sales role isnt

"Huge mistake joining the company!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at Monster Worldwide full-time

Pros

Global company with excellent basic salary & great benefits. Some very inspiring individuals in the company! Beautiful offices in Glasgow City Centre.

Cons

Where to start...........Constantly having to justify myself as a female in the workplace, interrogated about my views on woman in the workplace, equality. Told outright men and women cannot do equal work, there are jobs that men do that women cannot, I wasn't in a position to challenge as on probation. This manager used their power to assert authority and from the start I felt uncomfortable but quietly and politely persevered! Humiliated, picked on, little room to engage in a two way conversation! Daily bashing about my predecessors and their failings including the most crude and disgusting comments particularly about one former employee, totally unacceptable! apparently both women who worked in the team before me were both nutters! Sexist misogynistic, totally unprofessional and vile! Heard the most vile derogatory word twice in one sentence last week, used to describe someone's skin tone and one which I won't repeat and definitely not used to hearing.......anywhere! Totally unprofessional, unacceptable and blatant disregard for following the basic rules of what is acceptable and not acceptable in the workplace.

Advice to Management

Words fail me! My experience, very disappointing I had high hopes and thought I was working for a modern forward thinking company with highest standards. Stunned at what I experienced and heard.

"Ok"

I worked at Monster Worldwide full-time

Pros

Good environment, nice offices, logo

Cons

Moral compass, lack of strategy

10. "Great move for my career"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Monster Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In my previous sales roles I have been working weekends and late nights,so it's not a surprise that the flexible working hours between Monday and Friday is a massive selling point for me. It's refreshing to work in a friendly office where all staff have a willing to help and a management team who want you to succeed. Starting at the entry sales level there is some fantastic training and the opportunity to move up in a short period of time,if you put the effort in. The salary and ramp up platform is really good. It helps you learn the business and the opportunity to earn commision when hitting KPI'S and eventually revenue. Targets are achievable once you are up and running and there are some great incentives for hitting your quota. £££, days out etc.

Cons

For me, there aren't any yet. I took the decision to move away from 5 years plus B2C sales experience to get the work life balance I wanted but still in a sales role where I can make monthly commision and still get that buzz of a sale. Haven't looked back..

Advice to Management

N/A