Native Instruments Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 103 reviews

1.9
Native Instruments CEO Daniel Haver
Daniel Haver
Pros
  • "Work-life balance is ok if you want it to be(in 8 reviews)

• "Tolle Produkte, grossartiges und engagiertes Entwicklungsteam(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Organisational structure changes once a year or with every personel change in upper management(in 7 reviews)

• "Diabolical decision making and guidance from the c-level(in 4 reviews)

"Great company !"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin

I have been working at Native Instruments full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked for a lot of companies but Native Instruments truly rules. Native is continuously releasing excellent products that are equipped with top notch technology, developed with the latest tools the industry has to offer. Native is a well deserved market leader in all fields of their business as the products they release are exceeding the market expectations while continuously setting standards and trends... before the customers even know themselves. Especially the executive board plays a tremendous part in the positive development of Native Instruments. With their expertise of classic management theories they are able to address all occurring problems without the necessity to listen to employees or industry professionals. They just know whats best and always take the right decision. Every management decision is explained by the CEO himself with full transparency and empathy. In my opinion he is a role model for every other c-level manager out there even beyond the music industry. Open doors policy is vividly lived and in the town hall meetings there are no taboos regarding questions that can be asked. I’m so proud to work for a company in which the executive board can immediately detect redundancies and is able to professionally undertake them. The executive hirings are also outstanding! New colleagues in the executive board don’t even need to know the market or have to be long with the company, they are just that professional to start their job from 0 to 101%.

Cons

As a lot of people don't understand how genius you are and don’t value at which great place they work - some voice very unfair accusations here on glassdoor. The executives and especially the HR department could do more efforts to silence these opinionators and make everyone understand how lucky they are. Just use the classical management strategies like fear or loud voices. Furthermore get rid of more redundancies... especially people with other opinions than yours and sue all people that telling lies about Native.

Advice to Management

Please continue with your great work and don't let this negative people get you down. You deserve better company cars and I would personally decrease my salary for you to finance those as i'm so thankful to have the opportunity to work with these great minds.

Native Instruments2019-09-26

"Bitter sweet"

Former Employee - Marketing in Berlin

I worked at Native Instruments part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- community space - location - free software for employees - reduced hardware prices - used to have great staff, but many of them left or been fires, people who stayed are very competitive and career oriented

Cons

There was never a space for personal growth, once u get a position you stay in it for years. After many promises about transparency - there is still none - you never know when the strategy is gonna change again (which is every year) or some of your colleagues will get fired. No support or communication with HR, lots of talking behind the back. Lower than average salaries with very little benefits.

Native Instruments2019-09-09

September 11, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We'd like to find our more about some of the issues you address. Could you please contact our People Team at hrm@native-instruments.de.

"Exponential curve downwards"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Berlin

I worked at Native Instruments full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- The (operation level) people - they do a pretty good job of hiring at this level, the people who do all the meaningful work; people with passion, skills, appreciation, good spirits, and honest personalities. - Self-managed teams - In my case, were very flexible with working schedule; that was extremely important for me. I like the location too, but that's totally subjective.

Cons

The cons heavily outweigh the pros unfortunately. Almost everyone in middle management and upwards seem quite apathetic or have just lost the understanding of what made NI work well in the past and what they're capable of doing in the present (which would be a LOT, if they were able to focus more towards modern products and motivated teams). - No vision for innovative technology anymore - No real investment... in modernizing their most popular and grossing platforms - Confused, self-conflicting management, that leads to... - Endless shifting of goals and moving targets = extremely inefficient workforce - No raises, outside following minimum inflation, til the day you leave. - No bonuses - Unfulfilled promises of transparency (for at least 5 years now) - Motivational speeches made every quarter about the riches the company will make and the growth we will see, which usually translates to: more work nobody wants to do because of the reasons mentioned above, and no one but "the company" will actually get any richer.

Advice to Management

- Focus on innovative music technology again, and obviously the people you hired to make it. - Future-proof your current best-selling platforms, i.e. update their underlying technologies and make them even more desirable for future customers; you can't sell them like they are now forever. - Understand your past and potential customer base - they do not want nor need another online music subscription service,... especially from a company that has no experience with that. - Treat your employees with respect and dignity (that means being honest, transparent, receptive, and rewarding), and they will do greater things with you. - If you would stop to ask your employees if your plan is a bad idea, and they say it is, most likely it's a legitimate bad idea.

Native Instruments2019-08-30

September 4, 2019

We really appreciate your taking the time for writing this constructive advice to Senior Management. We currently are working to evolve all of the topics you have outlined, e.g. future proofing our current platform, and understanding our users so we can build improved user-centric products. We have also recently started company-wide Q&A with our exec team to address employees' questions in an aim to demonstrate greater transparency in the business.

4. "Technischer Assistent"

Former Employee - Technischer Assistent in Berlin
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Native Instruments part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

get good support at workplace, like tools and computers , facilitys on food and drinks are very good..

Cons

okidocki could need some improvments

Advice to Management

good

Native Instruments2019-09-30
  5. "Shaky environment"

I have been working at Native Instruments full-time

Pros

- Great team spirit within the area you work in - Interesting/diverse topics to be worked on - 30+ days vacation - Benefits like 'Native Space' with free fruits, drinks, etc.

Cons

- Management decisions are questionable for the recent past - No regular home office options

Native Instruments2019-09-23

"STAY AWAY FROM NATIVE INSTRUMENTS"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Berlin

I have been working at Native Instruments full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Free coffee is available everywhere nowadays, so no, nothing Pro.

Cons

If you want to have the worst professional experience in your life, you can join this company. If however you are looking for: - a competent, honest, supporting management - a CEO that has a clear business vision - a top management that knows their products and markets, and cares about their customers and employees - a functioning HR department that does more than just intimidating the employees then DON´T... JOIN THIS COMPANY

Advice to Management

Giving advise to people that don´t listen and are only full of their own ego´s, is useless, therefore: no, no advice.

Native Instruments2019-10-09
  7. "Good company with loads of dedication. New management is following a clear vision."

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Native Instruments full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work in music and tech within a company that’s got a good standing.

Cons

Old processes did slow down innovation.

Advice to Management

Identify the employees who can drive change and support and empower them.

Native Instruments2019-09-02

September 3, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoy working at Native and we look forward to bringing to life our platform future together with you and all our employees.

"Let's look ahead"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin

I have been working at Native Instruments full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice folks at team level, office in Kreuzberg, etc.

Cons

You‘ve probably read all the other reviews that have been posted in the last weeks. Unfortunately every single word of it is true. A lot of talented and experienced coworkers have been fired, others left on their behalf. Many of the remaining ones are demotivated. If you would want to describe the atmosphere at NI in one word: Toxic. If you are browsing Glassdoor you most likely haven‘t joined the company yet. So... you don’t care too much about past events. You will be more interested in the future of NI. Ok, what is to expect in the next 1-2 years? That‘s the sad part: Nothing positive. There seems to be no plan how to execute the roadmap with the reduced staff. There‘s no clear strategy where to go with the company. Don‘t get fooled by the PR that was released after the August layoffs. Nobody at NI knows yet what One Native and the platform strategy really mean as priorities change every few weeks. The CPO doesn‘t have any vision for his department. The CMO is trying to apply at NI what he has learnt in his last jobs. But he hasn‘t realized yet that NI‘s business is a different one. The CEO doesn’t learn from his mistakes (and he made a few in the last two years), is still convinced that only he knows what‘s best for NI and is just not willing to listen to anyone. Last week's Q&A session showed that there‘s no sign that anything has changed. My advice: Don‘t join this company. I‘m serious about it. Don‘t do it. The bad times at NI are not over. If there‘s not a miracle happening - and I don’t believe in miracles - then we will hear more bad news from this company in the next year.

Advice to Management

None. They won't listen anyway.

Native Instruments2019-09-23

"No place for professionals anymore"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin

I worked at Native Instruments full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Free drinks, but less benefits than in the "golden era".

Cons

Too many. Professionals work on details and prepare viable options and strategies, invest themselves for weeks and months- decissions for something totally different is taken within hours by totally detached people. No awarding or rewarding of your effort, quality or achievements.

Advice to Management

Listen to your experienced specialist, they have the data and facts you need to take the decisions.

Native Instruments2019-10-02

"Incompetence to the fullest"

I have been working at Native Instruments full-time

Pros

great colleagues and teamwork within my team, nice working environment incl. community space, free snacks and beverages

Cons

no learnings from team surveys the executives don't seem to know what they're doing. they are always talking about "team empowerment" and "transparency" but the opposite is the case. toxic work culture. the company "strategy" has been changed from one day to the other and more than 100 people had to go. a workers council doesn't exist unfortunately. it seems that the company is run by the investors.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees fairly

Native Instruments2019-09-19