Navigant Reviews

Updated 10 May 2021

3.3
Navigant CEO Scott McIntyre
Scott McIntyre
Pros
  • "The work life balance is very reasonable(in 76 reviews)

• "Dedicated team and friendly work environment(in 39 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance and work load(in 44 reviews)

• "Everyone works hideously long hours and is it any wonder all the employees are miserable(in 38 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Senior Consultant

15 Mar 2020 - Senior Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay + very good pay rise (just a bit light on the bonus) High profile clients + companies + projects Good atmosphere in London office among junior staff ( lunch break all together, Friday drinks, etc) Some very smart directors with excellent network in industry allowing you to work on top notch projects

Cons

There can be periods with long working hours (although relatively good for the consulting sector) Some directors (not all) do not look after their team enough With a new push to expand team, some recent questionable hires

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

HORRENDOUS!!!!! AVIOD!!!! AVIOD!!!!! AVIOD!!!!!!!!!

19 Feb 2020 - Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

ADVICE: DON’T ACCEPT A JOB OFFER, YOU WILL QUICKLY COME TO REGRET IT!!!!!!!!

Cons

Literally from the moment I would approach the Navigant building in the heart of London, my heart would sink, knowing that I had to enter that horrible and nasty environment. It’s an American company, so naturally the senior management think they can ignore UK employment laws, because they don’t have any in the USA. There is a weird atmosphere in the London office, nobody talks to each other. Everyone works hideously long hours and is it any wonder all the employees are miserable. The workload is unbearable, targets impossible and senior management are nasty bullies. They bring in contractors, and then they all leave as soon as they realise what a complete mess the organisation is. New faces come and new faces promptly leave, I don’t blame them that’s why I exited at the first available opportunity. It is a place where your mental health will suffer terribly, don’t expect any of the management to care. ADVICE: DON’T ACCEPT A JOB OFFER, YOU WILL QUICKLY COME TO REGRET IT!!!!!!!!

11 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0

Director

28 Jan 2019 - Director in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, flexible working and innovation

Cons

Recognition, promotions and able to get payrises

4. 4.0

Director

15 Jan 2019 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Big focus on employees progression and development.

Cons

Some work to do on recognition.

5. 5.0

Good place to grow

15 Oct 2018 - Senior Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong presence in the Life-Sciences and Healthcare Mostly good leadership Smart peers at all levels Competitive Salary

Cons

as in all consulting jobs, work life balance can be challenging

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Smart and ambitious people- growing firm

1 Oct 2018 - Senior Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Young dynamic environment Good clients

Cons

Staffing sometimes disorganised Occasional long hours

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Decent though tends towards boys club

30 Aug 2018 - Management Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of learning, the team are smart and hard working

Cons

Management favor boys leading to boys club mentality

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Absolutely the best thing I ever did

19 Aug 2014 - Managing Director in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are simply great - so collaborative and helpful. The practice I joined is global, and the people we have around the world are wonderful to work with. The atmosphere in the office is hugely positive - it is just a great place to be. I had a family friend here on work experience recently - she was blown away by it all too. I did the same job for 24 years before coming here, and had no reason to move, but the more people I met the easier the decision became. I would highly recommend Navigant as an employer.

Cons

Getting used to the corporate culture (not Navigant specific corp culture, just generally) was a shock to my system as I had not been in this environment before, but I am slowly picking it up (with the help of my wonderful colleagues).

5 people found this review helpful
    9. 2.0
      Former Employee

It’s not what it was

3 Mar 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice offices and facilities. Free Diet Coke. Good company benefits Decent and hard working colleagues who will often pitch in to help peers who are working non desirable hours and to assist complex cases. Opportunities to travel to some interesting countries and work on varied projects.

Cons

High turnover of staff. Bullying goes unaddressed, even when reported to Senior Management. Very little training or development. “Junior” members of the team are expected to regularly work long hours, weekends, and public holidays to ensure ridiculous deadlines are achieved and receive very little appreciation or respect. Project managers are afraid of “pushing back” and are just “Yes Men”. Very little Consulting. Management are reactive as opposed to proactive. No team morale. Toxic atmosphere. Terrible blame culture. Project Managers look to pan the blame on those at lower levels instead of taking responsibility.

5 people found this review helpful

Navigant Response

Senior Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your feedback - we strive to provide a positive work environment for all employees, and take this feedback very seriously. We are constantly evolving and will consider your experience and insights.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great colleagues with a reputation for quality work and interesting projects

29 Aug 2014 - Managing Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

I get to work with really smart, passionate people. There's a ton of variety in the work that we do, and that keeps things interesting. There's a good amount of autonomy and flexibility granted to consultants. We're treated like adults who can make decisions for themselves. There's a lot of room for creativity and innovative thinking, if you get on the right projects. The energy practice (where I work) has a good blend of thinkers from different fields: engineers, economists, B-school grads, social scientists, etc. I feel very proud of our reputation for quality in our field.

Cons

I am acutely aware that many people have had a less positive experience than I have; so much depends on which office you're in and which project managers you're working with. Some of the offices have no camaraderie (thankfully, I am in one of the ones with a good culture). Some project managers treat their employees like indentured servants but many are excellent and nurturing. Performance evaluations focus too much on how much time you bill to the client and not enough on how much value you create for the client and what you do to ensure the long-term success of your group. There's a lot of talk about building a "sales culture" but at the lower levels, there is really no upside to spending non-billable time on trying to sell work. I think there's a lot of short-sightedness in the performance evaluation process. There could be more collaboration across teams and groups. A good amount of reinventing the wheel takes place. That's partially due to the emphasis on billable hours. Nobody wants to spend a ton of time that they don't get credit for making things easier for other people.

2 people found this review helpful