Navigant Reviews

3.2
Navigant CEO Scott McIntyre
Scott McIntyre
Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance and work load(in 43 reviews)

• "Everyone works hideously long hours and is it any wonder all the employees are miserable(in 38 reviews)

1. "Senior Consultant"

I have been working at Navigant full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive pay + very good pay rise (just a bit light on the bonus) High profile clients + companies + projects Good atmosphere in London office among junior staff ( lunch break all together, Friday drinks, etc) Some very smart directors with excellent network in industry allowing you to work on top notch projects

Cons

There can be periods with long working hours (although relatively good for the consulting sector) Some directors (not all) do not look after their team enough With a new push to expand team, some recent questionable hires

Continue reading

"HORRENDOUS!!!!! AVIOD!!!! AVIOD!!!!! AVIOD!!!!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at Navigant full-time for less than a year

Pros

ADVICE: DON’T ACCEPT A JOB OFFER, YOU WILL QUICKLY COME TO REGRET IT!!!!!!!!

Cons

Literally from the moment I would approach the Navigant building in the heart of London, my heart would sink, knowing that I had to enter that horrible and nasty environment. It’s an American company, so naturally the senior management think they can ignore UK employment laws, because they don’t have any in the USA. There is a weird atmosphere in the London office, nobody talks to each other. Everyone works hideously long hours and is it any wonder all the employees are miserable. The workload is unbearable, targets impossible and senior management are nasty bullies. They bring in contractors, and then they all leave as soon as they realise what a complete mess the organisation is. New faces come and new faces promptly leave, I don’t blame them that’s why I exited at the first available opportunity. It is a place where your mental health will suffer terribly, don’t expect any of the management to care. ADVICE: DON’T ACCEPT A JOB OFFER, YOU WILL QUICKLY COME TO REGRET IT!!!!!!!!

3. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at Navigant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good culture, flexible working and innovation

Cons

Recognition, promotions and able to get payrises

4. "Director"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Navigant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Big focus on employees progression and development.

Cons

Some work to do on recognition.

5. "Good place to grow"

I have been working at Navigant full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong presence in the Life-Sciences and Healthcare Mostly good leadership Smart peers at all levels Competitive Salary

Cons

as in all consulting jobs, work life balance can be challenging

6. "Smart and ambitious people- growing firm"

I have been working at Navigant full-time

Pros

Young dynamic environment Good clients

Cons

Staffing sometimes disorganised Occasional long hours

"Decent though tends towards boys club"

Former Employee - Management Consultant in London, England

I worked at Navigant full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of learning, the team are smart and hard working

Cons

Management favor boys leading to boys club mentality

"Good starting point, don't stay past a year."

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Navigant full-time

Pros

Free Diet Coke Some great colleagues Opportunity for diverse work

Cons

Bullying is a tactic used by management to pressure people into giving up time at the weekends and work unsociable hours. Blame rolls down hill with usually junior members of the team getting the blame for problems occurring at the project management level of the work. There is management but no leadership, all short term goals with no term strategy.

April 6, 2018External Communications Manager

Thank you for feedback about your experience at Navigant. We take feedback such as this very seriously and have policies that specifically prohibit issues such as bullying from impacting the workplace and our employees. We encourage all our employees to engage in open dialogue with supervisors or Human Capital to address workplace challenges that may arise with the goal of fostering the best working experience possible.

"It’s not what it was"

2.0

I worked at Navigant full-time

Pros

Nice offices and facilities. Free Diet Coke. Good company benefits Decent and hard working colleagues who will often pitch in to help peers who are working non desirable hours and to assist complex cases. Opportunities to travel to some interesting countries and work on varied projects.

Cons

High turnover of staff. Bullying goes unaddressed, even when reported to Senior Management. Very little training or development. “Junior” members of the team are expected to regularly work long hours, weekends, and public holidays to ensure ridiculous deadlines are achieved and receive very little appreciation or respect. Project managers are afraid of “pushing back” and are just “Yes Men”. Very little Consulting. Management are reactive as opposed to proactive. No team morale. Toxic atmosphere. Terrible blame culture. Project Managers look to pan the blame on those at lower levels instead of taking responsibility.

March 6, 2018Senior Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your feedback - we strive to provide a positive work environment for all employees, and take this feedback very seriously. We are constantly evolving and will consider your experience and insights.

"Negative Environment"

I have been working at Navigant full-time

Pros

Some decent people and good benefits

Cons

Toxic environment, no team morale and some painful leadership.

March 6, 2018External Communications Manager

Thank you for your candid feedback about your experience. We work to provide employees a positive experience and good working environment. Navigant has consistently conducted all employee surveys and have active working teams focused on implementing values-based programs and initiatives to drive higher levels of employee engagement. We encourage all our employees to speak with their supervisors or Human Capital to address any workplace challenges or concerns

Found 729 reviews