New Relic Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 343 reviews

4.6
New Relic CEO Lew Cirne
Lew Cirne
Pros
  • "There is continued efforts to make employees happy with a great work life balance(in 42 reviews)

• "Great product and great culture that starts at the top(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Typical growing pains of many high growth companies(in 34 reviews)

• "Those amazing New Relic ads you saw on billboards across San Francisco and the web(in 9 reviews)

"First Impressions "Fantastic Employer""

Current Employee - Director of Business Operations in London, England

I have been working at New Relic full-time for less than a year

Pros

I'm in week 4 of New Relic and I have to say, my first impression is they are a fantastic employer. The on-boarding training has been great. Everyone I have met so far is wonderful. The culture seems spot on. I have good work life balance and work from the home and office. The benefits are very good from the financial package to the food always available in the kitchens. This place is seriously refreshing!

Cons

The only con I have is the length of the interview process took 3 months, but to be honest, they did create a new job for me when I wasn't successful for the original one I applied for and so I really can't hold this against them.

Advice to Management

Please keep the company culture the same, it really works.

New Relic2019-03-26

"Buzzing - Growing Fast"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in London, England

I have been working at New Relic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent product, innovative company, good people, good remuneration incl. stock

Cons

Growing pains - can result in overload. Management style can be confusing, can be chaotic place to work, sometimes little structure.

Advice to Management

Seek to reduce non customer-facing time to maintain productivity.

New Relic2019-06-17

"Lew's drive for an inclusive and supportive culture thrives 10 years on!"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in London, England

I have been working at New Relic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic office space and location, best in London. People can be themselves, no BS veneers. European leadership is fantastic and very supportive. The product really works - and customers love it. Very well aligned to the cloud companies such as AWS. Lots of great selling tools to help you be successful. Still has that small company feel, despite being a "large" company. Hard work is expected, but the teams... pull together and have fun doing it.

Cons

Sales comp. plan isn't that generous, and the mix between renewals and new business drives the wrong behaviour in some cases. Still working out who the ideal customers are to go after. Sometimes it appears that the US leadership team doesn't understand the differences when selling in EMEA - you cannot copy/paste the deal size and expectations without consideration for the local market size and relative... opportunity.

New Relic2019-02-08

"Getting it right - more often than not."

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at New Relic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Product, culture and growth. The product rocks. Lew, the founder is also pretty cool. Customers tend to fall in love with the product, and then they fall in love with the culture too. It still feels like a start up and the executive team try their hardest not to do bad things by the customer. Finally, the market opportunity is vast and growing. Competitors come and go as ever, but New Relic usually comes out... good.

Cons

The company still has some issues due to the pace of growth, but that's to be expected. The key is to keep the culture and start-up feel while growing.

Advice to Management

Keep seeing customers. They tell you how it is and what is new and important to them.

New Relic2017-11-24

"Enterprise Sales Exec - UK"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at New Relic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great product - that actually does what it says on the tin, and keeps customers coming back for more. Exciting times - lots of growth - especially in the enterprise space - as large corporates move to DevOps, Cloud, and disruptive technologies. Flexibility - to do the job your way, engage with customers your way and be an entrepreneur in your own patch. Lots of useful tools - so you are armed and ready to be... efficient with your time and successful in your career. Great work / life balance - work as hard as you need, to be as successful as you want to be. Management supports you, not just manages you. It is NOT trial by spreadsheet.

Cons

Nothing has appeared so far. The only thing to bear in mind is that the market is relatively mature - so you have to be disruptive in your approach. You will come up against the competition. You can't just feature/function the sale. You need to come in with advanced selling skills to be successful.

Advice to Management

It would be great to see a little more focus (visits, localised calls etc) from the US leadership team on EMEA/UK.

New Relic2017-08-30

"Amazing product, superb culture"

Current Employee - Sales Director in London, England

I have been working at New Relic full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Incredibly positive culture and team spirit * Strong technical skills across the team * Amazing product - best customer feedback to a product I have seen for 18 years in software industry. * Rapidly growing business and customer base globally. * Excellent career opportunities to move / progress within the business.

Cons

* Retaining focus - there are a lot of customers, so need to ensure we're dedicating sales time to those where there is growth opportunity. There is ALWAYS tech resource and support available for customers.

Advice to Management

* Retain high standards of hiring - culture is critical to success.

New Relic2017-07-18

"Great People, Great Product"

Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at New Relic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Its a fun culture to work in. Mgmt are very helpful and want to help by managing deals not people by being on the road (where needed) and not from behind a desk so there is a a good work ethic and ethos about how we go about helping each other to win. You have great flexibility in terms of how you can pull your deals together. Customers love New Relic The product is red hot

Cons

There is not an abundance of Technical resource available at the moment which is challenge at times but being addresses.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job, keep it up

New Relic2017-07-17

"Great opportunity for anyone who's driven to succeed"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at New Relic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good support, all you have to do is raise your hand and there is a wealth of knowledge across the company. I am given a level of independency but with good guidance from my manager. My short term target is more than reasonable and I have been given a great chance to succeed. I always look for four things: product, culture, support and training and I cannot fault New Relic on any of these. Really, if you are willing... to put the hours in (as any sales person should) the opportunity is there. If you find you are struggling in any particular area, there are always people around to help you.

Cons

There are a lot of internal meetings covering a wide range of areas. These can often feel a bit scattergun and usually take place during the middle of the week (key selling days). Sometimes it feels a bit knee jerk and so the only con I can really find is that the company should be more strategic with its internal meetings and when they are held, and focus on keeping information concise.

Advice to Management

Focus in on core strengths, be mindful of the sales teams free time (time on calls is time not selling) and really focus in on internal messaging.

New Relic2016-10-12
  9. "Great Company Moving in the Right Direction"

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at New Relic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyday I get to work around incredibly bright, diverse and motivated people. All solving real and meaningful problems.

Cons

Growing company seeking to improve processes, means some process isn't always right

New Relic2019-10-15

"Thankful to work for such a great company"

Current Employee - Leadership Development Lead in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at New Relic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work/life balance. Kind, smart people. Emphasis on culture. Good pay. Free snacks. Supportive manager.

Cons

Growing pains (to be expected) as company scales and seeks to double revenue - unclear or unestablished processes, changes in senior leadership, drastic stock price drop

New Relic2019-10-08