Office Concierge Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

UK - All Cities

3.2
Clifford Baker, Simon Cooney & Anne Marie Holland

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "My account manager is the only reason I stayed as long as I did" (in 15 reviews)

• "OC has helped me introduce myself into the Corporate world where I managed to improve my customer service skills and learn a lot of new things" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Zero contact with account manager" (in 19 reviews)

• "The so called "5 out of 5" comments on here are a clear indication that Office Concierge's HR team have too much time on their hands" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Experience"

Current Employee - Corporate Receptionist in London, England
    Current Employee - Corporate Receptionist in London, England

I have been working at Office Concierge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for OC is a great experience!

OC has helped me introduce myself into the Corporate world where I managed to improve my customer service skills and learn a lot of new things.
    Although it took a while to get a static position in a site, it was totally worth waiting because now I get to work in a nice place with 2 amazing colleagues.

Also, having a person like Kirsty as Account Manager makes us really lucky as she is always there to listen and support us. Not to mention that she sorted in less than a week every issue I had with my uniform. Real professional!

OC is rewarding as long as you are professional and you keep the company standards high.

Cons

Long hours, but you get used to it.

Advice to Management

Keep listening and supporting your staff.

2. "Good experience"

Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in London, England
    Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in London, England

I have been working at Office Concierge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Before my interview with OC I looked at Glassdoor to check reviews and I was worried to see a lot of negative feedback. Luckily my experience with the company was really good so far. I guess it really depends on a site and people you work with.
    I started as an Elite but very shortly I got a static role in one of sites where I've spent 2 years. I was lucky to work within nice team. Over 2 years I've had 3 different account managers and all of them were very lovely people.
    My current manager Kirsty is so approachable, she listen to what you say and makes things happen!
    So just an advice to everyone who reads this and considering to join OC. Dont get pulled off by negative comments. You might have a good experience like me. Good luck!

Cons

Need to book holidays quite in advance to get the days you want

3. "Great development within the business!"

Current Employee - Reception Manager in London, England

I have been working at Office Concierge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked in Office Concierge for 2 years and have already gained a promotion. Working at two different sites now has developed my knowledge further and has been a great experience!
    My manager has been incredibly supportive and motivating, and encourages you to progress within the business. There are many opportunities and different routes you can go down to benefit your future whether it's short term or long term in OC.

Cons

Some sites have 10 hour shifts but they usually pay well!

Advice to Management

Continue doing an amazing job and being so supportive!

4. "Static? Great. Elite? Worst!"

I worked at Office Concierge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- You get to go to some sites which are great
    - You get to meet new people
    - If you're a static it is great, as you get to stay in one site, actually have a relationship with the clients etc.

Cons

- In the interview, I was told I would be informed the day before (before 5pm) where I would be going the next day. In the beginning, this was true, however, further down the line, they would call me at 8am and tell me to be at a site within the next 30 minutes? Make it make sense.
    There were times when I would be on my way to a site, then they would call and tell me to go elsewhere...
    - Pay was/is 21,500. Reasonable. Travel was £40 a month. At first that was fine, until you were placed in a site. Then during the day moved to other sites, and the travel expenses fall on you as lets be honest £40 barely covers two weeks, yet alone a month.
    - The worst thing about Office Concierge and the way they operate is, someone was able to make a complaint about you and OC took their word without actually discussing with you first what happened? Encounter the worst people/staff at some sites who you simply do not gel with, and they are able to pass negative feedback back to OC and just like that you have a strike?

Advice to Management

Up the pay rate.
    Be more organised.
    Be more understanding.

5. "Receptionist"

I worked at Office Concierge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No stress, good companies they work with

Cons

No career growth opportunities, bad management

Advice to Management

In the beginning this company promise a lot, but none of that happens. It really depends what company you will work for, but as a elite you don't have the chance to build a career or even to find a permanent place.

6. "Good experience as Corporate Receptionist"

I worked at Office Concierge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is an excellent company to work for as long as you're in a static role. "Elites" who are basically float receptionists can have a hard time and be in 3-4 offices in one day but OC explains this to them so everyone knows what they sign up for! Before I joined I was quite worried about the online reviews but OC treat you how you treat them. I was very rarely late or off sick so they were really kind and accommodating to me but some of the girls were taking the mick, calling in sick all the time/ not turning up/ disappearing with no explanation! As long as you're a good employee, you'll have no problems with them.

Cons

No benefits. As they only have Front of House jobs, there's nowhere to progress.

"Being an elite is completely unrewarding"

Former Employee - Elite Corporate Receptionist in London, England
    Former Employee - Elite Corporate Receptionist in London, England

I worked at Office Concierge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honestly nothing comes to mind right now

Cons

My experience wasn't positive. I was hired as an Elite and spent over a year working as one. I personally didn't find it difficult since I am a very fast-learner, but it is impossible to plan anything as you are basically 99% of the time given your schedule for the day on that same day at 6am.
    The pay was not good at all. Management was difficult when I had to book important doctors appointments, and wouldn't allow me to take them as they said they had no one to cover for me.
    I wouldn't recommend this job, but I do think that being a Static is probably much better. They are also treated much nicer from what I saw, and given priority in terms of booking holidays and such. And their pay is naturally much higher, despite your job being more difficult and complex for the most part.
    I did enquire about becoming a Static eventually but was told that they really need me to stay as an Elite.

Advice to Management

I would advise you treat Elites, who make up such a huge part of your company, better.

8. "Worst company ever"

Former Employee - Receptionist in London, England

I worked at Office Concierge (Less than a year)

Pros

experience for reception work
    meet friendly colleagues

Cons

where on earth do I start, you're just a number to them (I've been with them over a year and they still don't remember my full name) you are never allowed to go to doctors appointments, they dismiss sexual harrassment & racism allegations (one girl was literally dismissed because she filed a complaint for racist behaviour, they were clearly trying to shut her up) even if you're sick they will still force you to come in due to the lack of cover (no wonder, the elites leave because they are treated so awfully) and if you protest not to come in, they probe and bully you with questions as to why you are sick and why you cannot come to site. One of our elites sadly suffered a miscarriage and the Operations team made her work the next day, again due to this 'lack of cover' nonsense, another girl within the company chose to have a termination of pregnancy, they made her take this as annual leave and had no compassion towards the situation. I am so surprised this company has not gone bust or been sued for a huge amount of money because the distress it has caused to so many members of staff is insane. The turnover is crazy, probably the highest I've seen within a company ever. OC needs to be exposed for who they really are.

Advice to Management

Fix up. ASAP. Just quit your day job, you are clearly awful at it.

9. "Great year at Office Concierge"

Current Employee - Reception Manager in London, England

I have been working at Office Concierge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The next 7th of August it will be a year that I am working for Office Concierge. It has been my first experience as corporate receptionist and I have had a great year. I have been promoted two times and today i am the Reception Manager of one of the most iconic buildings in the City of London with four direct reports, also the company has given me the opportunity of being enrolled in a Level 3 Management Course for a year to develop my management skills.
    Office Concierge/managers are very supportive and I cannot be more grateful for the position that they offered me a year ago which was start of an fantastic professional career for me.

Cons

No Comments. My experience is being very positive.

10. "When people really should be a priority"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Office Concierge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clients and team members were lovely

Cons

They are not the people orientated business they profess to be.
    Staff are treated like numbers.

Office Concierge Response

5 Jun 2018 – Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for your feedback which we are very surprised to hear as we pride ourselves on being a people focused business where we treat our employees as individuals and we are very proud to have such... More