Office Concierge Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 22 January 2019

2.9
Clifford Baker, Simon Cooney & Anne Marie Holland

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "My account manager is the only reason I stayed as long as I did" (in 14 reviews)

• "I started at OC as a FOH receptionist, I was promoted to a Guest Services Manager, then to Front of House Manager on to Head Concierge and finally to" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Zero contact with account manager" (in 18 reviews)

• "As I mentioned since I have had no problems with the company, there are no cons from my side" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Good experience"

Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in London, England
    Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in London, England

I have been working at Office Concierge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Before my interview with OC I looked at Glassdoor to check reviews and I was worried to see a lot of negative feedback. Luckily my experience with the company was really good so far. I guess it really depends on a site and people you work with.
    I started as an Elite but very shortly I got a static role in one of sites where I've spent 2 years. I was lucky to work within nice team. Over 2 years I've had 3 different account managers and all of them were very lovely people.
    My current manager Kirsty is so approachable, she listen to what you say and makes things happen!
    So just an advice to everyone who reads this and considering to join OC. Dont get pulled off by negative comments. You might have a good experience like me. Good luck!

Cons

Need to book holidays quite in advance to get the days you want

2. "Scarily sexist"

Former Employee - Elite Operative
    Former Employee - Elite Operative

I worked at Office Concierge (More than a year)

Pros

You get to see parts of London if you're an 'Elite' operative

Cons

- You have to wear make up & heels, which is so backwards in this day & age. I have been actively told to wear more make up, which is insulting
    - If you're an Elite you're moved around so many times, sometimes more than once in a day, and you're expected to do everything perfectly even when, at times, you're sent to cover a site with no training.

3. "Good experience as Corporate Receptionist"

Former Employee - Corporate Receptionist in London, England
    Former Employee - Corporate Receptionist in London, England

I worked at Office Concierge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is an excellent company to work for as long as you're in a static role. "Elites" who are basically float receptionists can have a hard time and be in 3-4 offices in one day but OC explains this to them so everyone knows what they sign up for! Before I joined I was quite worried about the online reviews but OC treat you how you treat them. I was very rarely late or off sick so they were really kind and accommodating to me but some of the girls were taking the mick, calling in sick all the time/ not turning up/ disappearing with no explanation! As long as you're a good employee, you'll have no problems with them.

Cons

No benefits. As they only have Front of House jobs, there's nowhere to progress.

4. "Being an elite is completely unrewarding"

Former Employee - Elite Corporate Receptionist in London, England
    Former Employee - Elite Corporate Receptionist in London, England

I worked at Office Concierge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honestly nothing comes to mind right now

Cons

My experience wasn't positive. I was hired as an Elite and spent over a year working as one. I personally didn't find it difficult since I am a very fast-learner, but it is impossible to plan anything as you are basically 99% of the time given your schedule for the day on that same day at 6am.
    The pay was not good at all. Management was difficult when I had to book important doctors appointments, and wouldn't allow me to take them as they said they had no one to cover for me.
    I wouldn't recommend this job, but I do think that being a Static is probably much better. They are also treated much nicer from what I saw, and given priority in terms of booking holidays and such. And their pay is naturally much higher, despite your job being more difficult and complex for the most part.
    I did enquire about becoming a Static eventually but was told that they really need me to stay as an Elite.

Advice to Management

I would advise you treat Elites, who make up such a huge part of your company, better.

"OC Elite role"

I worked at Office Concierge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

you get to see how multiple companies work all over london..both renowned companies and the small ones

Cons

the hours of work/shifts are terrible and really not right or healthy for you at all. You are expected to be available for ANY shift mon-fri for ANY hours between 7am-7pm...which means even if they have told u before u are doing a 10am start they can change it at 6am and be like hey no we changed your shift right now and then u go running immediately to whereever in london they choose to send you. There is no balance in this role at all.

6. "Easy interview - great starter job"

I worked at Office Concierge full-time

Pros

Easy work
    Easy people to work with
    Great starter job for London

Cons

No cons. You get exactly what they say. Very open and honest.

7. "Working at Office Concierge"

I have been working at Office Concierge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Adaptable
    - Chance for change
    - Training
    - Versatile

Cons

Welfare of employees isn't their main focus or even an interest so it seems.
    Pay/sick pay/days off can be very challenging and not much leeway or even room to accommodate those who may be sick or dealing with issues that may require them to have time off.

"Take the job if you need money"

I have been working at Office Concierge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

pay is fine, I guess

Cons

HR is useless and will make mistake that you will have to pay for.
    horribles to elite they don't respect their work and life it's all about how much they can take from them
    you have to read you payslip each month to make sure that your pay the right amount
    no human value
    if your hardworking you will be treated the same way the if your lazy
    The opportunities only showed up if you hand your notice

Advice to Management

please treat people as human and stop abusing of your power. As far as I am concern England is a free country and a democracy there is a way to treat your employees

9. "Great Experience"

Current Employee - Corporate Receptionist in London, England
    Current Employee - Corporate Receptionist in London, England

I have been working at Office Concierge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for OC is a great experience!

OC has helped me introduce myself into the Corporate world where I managed to improve my customer service skills and learn a lot of new things.
    Although it took a while to get a static position in a site, it was totally worth waiting because now I get to work in a nice place with 2 amazing colleagues.

Also, having a person like Kirsty as Account Manager makes us really lucky as she is always there to listen and support us. Not to mention that she sorted in less than a week every issue I had with my uniform. Real professional!

OC is rewarding as long as you are professional and you keep the company standards high.

Cons

Long hours, but you get used to it.

Advice to Management

Keep listening and supporting your staff.

10. "Worst company ever"

Former Employee - Receptionist in London, England
    Former Employee - Receptionist in London, England

I worked at Office Concierge (Less than a year)

Pros

experience for reception work
    meet friendly colleagues

Cons

where on earth do I start, you're just a number to them (I've been with them over a year and they still don't remember my full name) you are never allowed to go to doctors appointments, they dismiss sexual harrassment & racism allegations (one girl was literally dismissed because she filed a complaint for racist behaviour, they were clearly trying to shut her up) even if you're sick they will still force you to come in due to the lack of cover (no wonder, the elites leave because they are treated so awfully) and if you protest not to come in, they probe and bully you with questions as to why you are sick and why you cannot come to site. One of our elites sadly suffered a miscarriage and the Operations team made her work the next day, again due to this 'lack of cover' nonsense, another girl within the company chose to have a termination of pregnancy, they made her take this as annual leave and had no compassion towards the situation. I am so surprised this company has not gone bust or been sued for a huge amount of money because the distress it has caused to so many members of staff is insane. The turnover is crazy, probably the highest I've seen within a company ever. OC needs to be exposed for who they really are.

Advice to Management

Fix up. ASAP. Just quit your day job, you are clearly awful at it.