PagerDuty Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.6
PagerDuty CEO Jennifer Tejada
Jennifer Tejada

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work-life balance (flexible hours, can work from home, etc" (in 13 reviews)

• "Catered lunch every day and breakfast on Wednesday's" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company is growing at rapid speeds, so sometimes you'll find yourself stuck or overwhelmed" (in 8 reviews)

• "Typical growing pains of a startup" (in 10 reviews)

"A great place to work, excellent team and fantastic vibe"

Current Employee - Solution Consultant Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Solution Consultant Manager in London, England

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent industry leading product, great teams across the company with everyone happy to help.

Cons

Everything associated with a fast growing company, but that's a big part of the fun

"Amazing company!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High performing culture but very open, Inclusive, and diverse

Cons

Too much going on with opportuntiy to better prioritise

Advice to Management

Force rank what is most to least important to keep us focused. As we scale and grow, this becomes paramount

"Great place to work, fantastic team!"

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really love working for PagerDuty - it's a company that wholly embodies its values, has a rock solid product and an ever growing customer base.

There is a true embrace for diversity, inclusivity and equity throughout the company, which means a lot to me. It’s not just lip service.

I work with super smart people, who are driven and nice - it's a really great environment both as an individual contributor and as a team member. I really like my manager - I'm always learning new things from them and they keep an eye out for my professional development, which I appreciate.

Overall, I really appreciate all the professional development opportunities and trainings that are provided to employees.

When I was researching the company before accepting - I was a little curious about all the positive reviews on this site, paired with all the people in the interview were super smart and nice, was it all true -- but it is the real deal. It's a great place to work.

Cons

There's no tech stipend for remote workers and there's no 401k match - other than that the benefits are really solid.

There are some opportunities that colleagues in brick-and-mortar offices receive that remote employees don't get (beyond free lunches) - group volunteering opportunities, training opportunities, celebrations. Sort of a bummer if you're remote, but not a huge deal.

Advice to Management

We're growing super fast, which can sometimes impede clear communication - so finding ways to increase transparency while scaling is important.

Find ways to pump up the remote worker experience! It's definitely not bad, but there are opportunities to enhance it. It will help position PD for growth outside the main office hubs - big opportunity to reduce cost of being HQ'd in San Francisco.

Keep up the good work! I really appreciate how thoughtful and strategic our leadership team is.

"No really, it's a rocketship."

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredibly talented people. A product that is disrupting business in virtually every market that our competition simply can't match. Leadership that actually gives a damn.

Cons

There's always room for improvement, but here's the bonus: You get to contribute wherever you see the need. Didn't like your on-boarding process? Help fix it. Don't like the catered lunch last Tuesday? Suggest an alternative for future menus.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Listening to your people but continuing to make wise business decisions.

"Product Manager"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great culture that supports the development of people. Everyone has passion to contribute collaboratively to make an impact. Growth continues to be a hockey stick trajectory which brings a lot of excitement and possibilities.

Catered lunches, snacks and social events are a bonus!

Cons

No cons at the moment.

Advice to Management

Fast pace to get things done means teams operate sometimes in silos. Keep continuously testing and learning ways to improve processes and communication. Never be complacent and always look out for signs of disunity and resolve them right away.

6. "Culture Varies With Each Business Unit"

I worked at PagerDuty full-time

Pros

• Fast growing company
    • Due to financial success, investment in team building activities

Cons

• Lack of opportunities for promotion

"Awesome place to work despite lack of sunlight"

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, great company values, driven CEO, supportive colleagues, interesting work

Cons

Lack of sunlight in the SF headquarters

"Strong growth, collaborative, a company focused on making its mark"

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great technology, diverse and large customer base who love the platform, high growth, very visible CEO, focus on collaboration and most important, lack of douchebags. Attitude of most employees is very positive, hard working, willingness to get things done. This is a company employees want to tell their friends and family about and go out of their way to recommend and refer people to open roles.

Cons

The usual growing pains of a fast-growing company: new people joining, changing or undefined processes, wearing multiple hats and keeping pace with growth using limited resources.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate regularly, keep your teams informed and engaged, focus on keeping the platform innovative while resilient, maintain the focus on diversity and inclusiveness.

"Gets High Growth Right!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I cannot say enough good things about this company. Every single day I get up, I'm so psyched to go to work here. For a company that's growing as rapidly as pagerduty, they sure don't seem to show it like other companies. Their internal processes and policies have been designed and refined to scale efficiently. Every thing from my my onboarding to now has been fantastic and our new Toronto office is one of the coolest offices I've ever worked in. I've been here a year almost and I know I definitely made the right decision to leave my old job, I love it here. I couldn't ask for a more vibrant & inclusive culture. Pagerduty truly is one of those places with triple A talent that strives for equality and diversity and doesn't just use it as a tag line to attract millennials. A very well run and progressive organization.

Cons

This place is a flutter with activity most days, can be a challenge sometimes to keep up.

Advice to Management

As for the direction and management, stay the course. Perks at Pagerduty are most impressive, but I think most companies have room for improvement here, including pagerduty.

"Great product...Poor management"

I worked at PagerDuty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This product has amazing potential in the market, and has grown significantly in the past few years.

Cons

Management needs improvement beyond belief. High turnover in all departments not because people are dissatisfied with PagerDuty as a product, but they cannot bear to work with the managers. It seems as though people have adopted "it's not my responsibility" approach when asked to help out with something. Very little accountability and transparency. Major internal issues that need to be addressed, instead, these issues are constantly pushed aside and creating an environment filled with unhappy employees.

Advice to Management

Look at all of the feedback given by previous and current employees to try and help with hiring capable managers who are empathetic and driven by employee success. Managers at this company are self-serving and point blank; should not be managers.