PagerDuty Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 25 Jan 2020

4.7
PagerDuty CEO Jennifer Tejada
Jennifer Tejada
Pros
  • "Work/Life balance is 100% there, for me at least(in 19 reviews)

• "Good management who are always open to new ideas, catered lunch, great people with lots of enthusiasm, helpful mentorship(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing pains as the company scales(in 14 reviews)

• "The company is growing quickly and we're far past the point of being able to know all the people and what they're working on(in 11 reviews)

1. "Company going places!"

Current Employee - Order Management Specialist in London, England

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time for less than a year

Pros

Constant change as the company is expanding brings new opportunities to learn new things. Great team spirit and culture. Opinions are valued.

Cons

Adjusting traditional working style as company is global, so re-align job behaviours.

Advice to Management

More engagement with troops on the ground to get a better grasp of morale and performance.

PagerDuty2019-10-18

"Great Software Company"

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time

Pros

Great Atmosphere Nice central London offices Great onboarding Good perks (Insurance, computer,...)

Cons

A lot of the team is still in the US but they try to communicate as much as possible during the limited time.

PagerDuty2019-03-27

"A great place to work, excellent team and fantastic vibe"

Current Employee - Solution Consultant Manager in London, England

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent industry leading product, great teams across the company with everyone happy to help.

Cons

Everything associated with a fast growing company, but that's a big part of the fun

PagerDuty2018-06-08
  4. "Such a great culture"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time for less than a year

Pros

A wonderful culture where you get supported and are expected to do the same. They seem to be very willing to try and fail, and if it's a failure they try to learn from the experience. They're also incredibly diverse and very modern in their thinking. I love the fact that they follow they've given 1% of their equity, 1% of their employees time and 1% of their product to charitable causes. They also really do put the customer first which is what most organizations say but PD really does. I also really do appreciate the fact that they're willing to have remote employees and allow folks who are working at an office turn to remote working as well.

Cons

Their tendency to run fast can create some interesting snarls to unkink but they ack and own and really do try to learn from their mistakes.

Advice to Management

Keep on the course I really love working at PD and I believe we're going places.

PagerDuty2020-01-26
  5. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Company to Small in Columbus, OH

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great People, Great Product, and a good comp plan

Cons

High growth, lots of moving parts and process changes

PagerDuty2020-01-08
  6. "Great experience at PagerDuty loved it"

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly

I worked at PagerDuty part-time

Pros

flexibility, support, thought leadership, and great company culture

Cons

no compensation for commute for interns

PagerDuty2019-11-25

"Struggling to evolve"

Current Employee - Product in Toronto, ON

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Friendly culture, good ERGs, benefits, and volunteering events

Cons

High risk of burnout, build fast and sell product mandate, more sales driven initiatives then innovation

Advice to Management

Invest in design management to evolve the product, not just sell more new addons

PagerDuty2019-11-21

"Great, merit-based culture; fantastic people"

Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Hands down, the people - Flexibility regarding your schedule - Hard work is recognized and rewarded - Amazing work-life balance I'm working with some of the most down-to-earth, smartest people I've ever worked with in my career. I learn from everyone daily, including my peers, my manager, and the executive team. This is probably team-dependent, but we have a lot of flexibility with regard to our schedule. As long as we're available for meetings and get our work done, no one cares what time you get to or leave the office, or whether you decide to work from home that day because you don't feel well or just don't feel like commuting to the office. Do I have to work weekends sometimes? Sure, but they don't happen often, and it's worth it for the overall flexibility. Which leads me to...sick days. HR and the exec team actually _encourages_ people to stay home and take sick days to rest up and heal when they're sick. They send out multiple reminders to ask people to stay home when sick. I've never worked at any other place where leadership actually encourages this sick policy. Best part is that your team will likely step in to cover for you and tell you to sign off and stop working while sick. Employees are recognized for their contributions here. There's an internal program where employees can publicly give thanks to other employees for their help or work, and it fosters a great culture. Reviews are 360, so it's not just employees being reviewed—managers are also given feedback on where they're doing well and where they can improve.

Cons

- Some underperformers are allowed to stay too long without being called out - Office location is a little inconvenient (but I suppose that's nitpicking) There needs to be a better system to recognize underperformers to help them improve. Otherwise, it places the burden on others on the team, potentially creating resentment and preventing the team overall from running on all cylinders. Nothing can be done about office location, but that's more the fault of public transportation being unreliable. But it's nice having schedule flexibility because that means there's rarely such a thing as being late to work.

PagerDuty2019-10-21

"An empathic and fast-paced company"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time for more than a year

Pros

Like every company, PagerDuty has its issues, but it does its best to listen to feedback from employees and quickly implement changes. In my opinion, the people who work at PagerDuty are genuinely kind, empathic, and do their best. In engineering and product, at least, there really are no tech bros which is saying a lot for being a tech company. Jenn, the CEO, is wonderful. She is constantly iterating on how best to share information with us and her energy always makes me more excited to work at the company. Work/Life balance is 100% there, for me at least. I'm never asked to work outside of working hours unless I'm on-call, and if I have a particularly busy on-call week my coworkers or manager are quick to acknowledge it and give me time off to rest. The company also does a good job of showing us how our work is impacting the lives of other people. Whether that's big, profitable customers using PagerDuty to add technology to their older business models, or small non-profits using PagerDuty for life-saving actions like suicide hotlines, PagerDuty makes sure we know how our work impacts our customers. I've been at PagerDuty for over 2.5 years and am so proud to be a Dutonian. Instead of letting people leave when they no longer want to stay in their original role, I've noticed PagerDuty works with employees to find a better fit for them within the organization. The company recognizes talent and wants to keep it and help it grow rather than let us move on to other companies with open roles that are more suited to our new interests. That, to me, is the sign of a company that cares about its people.

Cons

The company is growing quickly and we're far past the point of being able to know all the people and what they're working on. This can lead to duplicate work being done and a general feeling of siloing if you don't make an effort to talk to other teams.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the feedback of PagerDuty's people. We share it because we care, not because we want to start drama!

PagerDuty2019-10-21

"Love working here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Love the values we have and are encouraged to embody such as taking the lead. - Lots of autonomy and great opportunities for growth. - Great Work/Life Balance. - Great supportive culture. No finger pointing or blaming. Truly feel like I work in a team. - Amazing place to get experience with proper engineering practices - PagerDuty has become an industry leader when it comes to that. - Down to earth CEO with great energy and passion. - Free catered lunches everyday (+ breakfast on Wednesday) and lots of snacks!

Cons

No clear cons that are noteworthy

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work in making sure there are no communication gaps as the company grows further.

PagerDuty2019-10-26