PagerDuty Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.5
PagerDuty CEO Jennifer Tejada
Jennifer Tejada

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work-life balance (flexible hours, can work from home, etc" (in 13 reviews)

• "Catered lunch every day and breakfast on Wednesday's" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company is growing at rapid speeds, so sometimes you'll find yourself stuck or overwhelmed" (in 8 reviews)

• "Typical growing pains of a startup" (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best culture of any company I've worked for..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time

Pros

Get to work with super-smart + passionate individuals. GSD culture in Engineering. Very supportive peers.

Guilt-free culture. If you are feeling sick and need to take a day off or work remotely, you can do that guilt-free. Within Engineering, most teams are split between SF, Toronto, and remote folks. It's very easy to WFH when you like, and there's a culture of trust.

Large enough to find like-minded folks interested in things you are interested in... There's a slack channel for almost any hobby/interest you can think of. Communities within PD meet weekly for random things like tea tasting, meditation, yoga, etc.

Leadership is fully committed to and gets Agile, not just within Engineering, but across the org.

Leadership is fully committed to diversity and creating a safe environment to be one's authentic self.

Cons

Lots of autonomy. You won't be told what to do. Some folks may be so used to being micromanaged that they are uncomfortable in an environment where they're in control of their own destiny + growth.

PD is growing so fast, it's easy to overcommit yourself. Going back to autonomy / being in control of one's destiny... It's important to know what your own boundaries are and creating a healthy work/life balance is up to you.

Advice to Management

PagerDuty is changing fast, feels like a new company every 6 months. Let's retain what's important to us + what makes us special as we continue to scale + grow.

Let's add 401k matching ASAP.

Let's look for interns at more than one university.

"A great place to work, excellent team and fantastic vibe"

Current Employee - Solution Consultant Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Solution Consultant Manager in London, England

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent industry leading product, great teams across the company with everyone happy to help.

Cons

Everything associated with a fast growing company, but that's a big part of the fun

"No really, it's a rocketship."

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredibly talented people. A product that is disrupting business in virtually every market that our competition simply can't match. Leadership that actually gives a damn.

Cons

There's always room for improvement, but here's the bonus: You get to contribute wherever you see the need. Didn't like your on-boarding process? Help fix it. Don't like the catered lunch last Tuesday? Suggest an alternative for future menus.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Listening to your people but continuing to make wise business decisions.

4. "Product Manager"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great culture that supports the development of people. Everyone has passion to contribute collaboratively to make an impact. Growth continues to be a hockey stick trajectory which brings a lot of excitement and possibilities.

Catered lunches, snacks and social events are a bonus!

Cons

No cons at the moment.

Advice to Management

Fast pace to get things done means teams operate sometimes in silos. Keep continuously testing and learning ways to improve processes and communication. Never be complacent and always look out for signs of disunity and resolve them right away.

5. "Culture Varies With Each Business Unit"

I worked at PagerDuty full-time

Pros

• Fast growing company
    • Due to financial success, investment in team building activities

Cons

• Lack of opportunities for promotion

"Awesome place to work despite lack of sunlight"

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, great company values, driven CEO, supportive colleagues, interesting work

Cons

Lack of sunlight in the SF headquarters

"Strong growth, collaborative, a company focused on making its mark"

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great technology, diverse and large customer base who love the platform, high growth, very visible CEO, focus on collaboration and most important, lack of douchebags. Attitude of most employees is very positive, hard working, willingness to get things done. This is a company employees want to tell their friends and family about and go out of their way to recommend and refer people to open roles.

Cons

The usual growing pains of a fast-growing company: new people joining, changing or undefined processes, wearing multiple hats and keeping pace with growth using limited resources.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate regularly, keep your teams informed and engaged, focus on keeping the platform innovative while resilient, maintain the focus on diversity and inclusiveness.

"Gets High Growth Right!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I cannot say enough good things about this company. Every single day I get up, I'm so psyched to go to work here. For a company that's growing as rapidly as pagerduty, they sure don't seem to show it like other companies. Their internal processes and policies have been designed and refined to scale efficiently. Every thing from my my onboarding to now has been fantastic and our new Toronto office is one of the coolest offices I've ever worked in. I've been here a year almost and I know I definitely made the right decision to leave my old job, I love it here. I couldn't ask for a more vibrant & inclusive culture. Pagerduty truly is one of those places with triple A talent that strives for equality and diversity and doesn't just use it as a tag line to attract millennials. A very well run and progressive organization.

Cons

This place is a flutter with activity most days, can be a challenge sometimes to keep up.

Advice to Management

As for the direction and management, stay the course. Perks at Pagerduty are most impressive, but I think most companies have room for improvement here, including pagerduty.

"Great product...Poor management"

I worked at PagerDuty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This product has amazing potential in the market, and has grown significantly in the past few years.

Cons

Management needs improvement beyond belief. High turnover in all departments not because people are dissatisfied with PagerDuty as a product, but they cannot bear to work with the managers. It seems as though people have adopted "it's not my responsibility" approach when asked to help out with something. Very little accountability and transparency. Major internal issues that need to be addressed, instead, these issues are constantly pushed aside and creating an environment filled with unhappy employees.

Advice to Management

Look at all of the feedback given by previous and current employees to try and help with hiring capable managers who are empathetic and driven by employee success. Managers at this company are self-serving and point blank; should not be managers.

"Amazing company"

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PagerDuty is really a rare bird. They genuinely care about their employees and customer relationships. They work diligently to build complex, highly skilled teams and work to partner with customers. So many companies focus on the sale and forget the real value which is the relationship. Likewise, they are focused on truly developing their staff. Not in a "check the box" way, but in a very genuine way. Absolutely the best company I have worked for. Very innovative and open to challenging the norm.

Cons

Typical growing pains of figuring out how to organize through rapid growth, but they are managing it well with very smart people.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Focus on true partnership with customers and they will stay loyal.