Pegasystems Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.9
Pegasystems Chairman and CEO Alan Trefler
Alan Trefler

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work/life balance in most teams"" (in 138 reviews)

• "Great benefits, awesome work culture"" (in 50 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be hard, but with all the Pro's it is a still a great place to be if you are prepared to work long hours when needed" (in 39 reviews)

• "No cons worth mentioning, Absolutely a great place to work" (in 26 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

I have been working at Pegasystems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pega is growing really fast which gives great opportunity and the chance for development.
    My managers trust me to set the direction for my work and give me autonomy to try new things. You are held accountable for your work - the company has a very flat structure and so you get lots of exposure to the execs - but I like this and it creates a workforce where everyone really wants to do their best.
    Fast-paced and a fantastic product.

Cons

Sometimes we move too quickly, without properly vetting all the options. However, the company will acknowledge this, and adapt accordingly. It will not stick to a decision just for the sake of it.

Advice to Management

Take a second to breathe now and then, and make sure that as the company grows we continue to hire on potential as well as past experience.

"Treading on eggshells!"

Pros

Opportunity to learn about the industry.
    Made some good friends.
    The pay was quite good.

Cons

Direct and senior management constantly changing their mind on things and not keeping those concerned in the loop.
    No trust in employees- frowned upon to work from home.
    You could come in as early as you want, but again, frowned upon if you were to leave early.
    Extremely hierarchical, felt like I was treading on eggshells the entire time I worked there and management are not approachable.
    Management very amateur and Pega institutionalised.

"Full of old timers protecting and promoting each other in UK"

I worked at Pegasystems full-time

Pros

The good colleagues until they end up leaving too.

Cons

Deadwood leadership which introduce initiatives every so often to make working there even more unpleasant and management that then try to execute those unpleasant initiatives. The good talent ends up leaving and there is no retention on keeping them. Lack of 'real' diversity in management/leadership in the UK which is very disappointing.

Advice to Management

Do some actual work - trust and empower employees, they are your greatest asset.

"Practice Director"

Current Employee - Practice Director in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Practice Director in Reading, England

I have been working at Pegasystems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent product set
    Excellent people
    Pays well
    Management accessible and open
    Lack of politics

Cons

Advice to Management

Doing a great job
    Consider expanding consulting team size outside US & UK to get to critical mass in more countries.

5. "Being a valued member of a UK and European team"

Current Employee - Senior Solution Consultant in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Senior Solution Consultant in Reading, England

I have been working at Pegasystems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When picking Pega as a company to work for I evaluated Pega in the following areas - Product, People and Personal Development. Having been here for a few years looking back I would review each area as:
    Product - The Pega product is fantastic and provides our customers real value, demoing the software is reliable and building custom demos is not a chore.
    People - All teams within Pega operate professionally and were very supportive of me as a newbie. The SC wider team is always happy to help and is one of the things I really enjoy about Pega.
    Personal Development - Due to Pega growing year on year there is great opportunities within the company to develop and grow. SC management is keen to understand my goals and has been extremely supportive.

Cons

Pega is not as well know as some of its competitors meaning some parts of the sales cycle can be harder, but, this is slowly changing as Pega grows within the CRM industry.

Advice to Management

Continue to support career paths and enablement plans for SC's to reach their goals within Pega.

6. "Some great people who really care but work/life balance was not sustainable"

I worked at Pegasystems full-time

Pros

Many hard working, decent people who really care.
    Lovely offices in Reading.
    Good Compensation.

Cons

I have worked in many fast paced, chaotic and changing environments and still able to maintain my work/life balance but it wasn't possible with Pega.

This is the first company I worked for where 360 degree feedback was not in place, which is a great tool for recognising the contributions made by those not normally prone to having a voice. Its absence also continued to allow those who only "manage upwards" to remain stealthily successful.

Advice to Management

Change is an inherent part of life and its success depends on the support and guidance people are given.

Culture at a company is determined by the worst behaviour a company is prepared to tolerate.

"Such a disappointment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

I worked at Pegasystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

US colleagues are very nice
    Salaries are acceptable
    Well equipped with good IT equipment for role

Cons

The EMEA function has a culture of bullying that is ignored and accepted and no one is ever made accountable for their behaviour.
    The business believe they want to bring in charismatic and capable talent but once in you are trapped in an old fashioned environment where no one wants to change and no opinions are ever listened to.

Advice to Management

Look outside your offices and make time to talk to those people sitting around you, the young vibrant talent that the business is so desperately seeking is already amongst you, but we have become invisible and unable to have a voice and 1 by 1 we are leaving for companies who respect and value us

8. "Overall a great Company. High pressured environment doesn’t suit everyone."

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Reading, England

I have been working at Pegasystems full-time

Pros

An incredibly fast growing company with the best technology by far in the marketplace, standing head and shoulders above it's competitors in terms of all round capability. You can work on very interesting projects and opportunities so this attracts people to come and work here.
    You will work with the best people in the industry as the typical Pega employee is of high achiever status, experience and ability. Everyone in the Presales team in particular, has a mixed but incredible set of talent and skills.
    Pega does look after it's staff with a great benefits package.
    Some occasional movement in/out of the Presales team may present some opportunity for career progression.

Cons

Pressure and work load is very high due to limited presales resources and the slow recruitment of new employees impacting the ability to keep up with demand.
    Motivation and praise is very much lacking with some lower management, this is such a simple area to focus on and means a lot to people during high pressured or stressful periods.
    There also needs to be a balance of opinion between Sales and Presales as it would appear Sales people's opinions of Presales are asked for and taken note of, but not the other way around. There also seems to be a culture of cliques in the workplace which are not helpful.
    Only very occasional opportunities for Presales career progression but apparently not openly advertised.

Advice to Management

Look at how some managers motivate and praise the team or individual. Look to include and publicise regular recognition for success and hard work by Presales individuals both in terms of participation in opportunity Wins as well as general work ethic, attitude and approach.
    Listen to Presales as well as Sales if asking for opinions on personal value and contribution.
    Have to move faster in securing new employees or risk potential burnout of existing Presales employees.

"Great technology, but organisation has room for improvement"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Reading, England

I have been working at Pegasystems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great product and proposition, great colleagues, great client list.

Cons

Can be difficult to deliver in certain environments, management can be focussed too much on quarterly targets rather than strategic goals. Determination to accelerate growth means the company is at risk of losing its historical focus on strategic growth.

Advice to Management

Current changes to support growth plans make sense but be careful not to kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

10. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Software Solutions Engineer in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Senior Software Solutions Engineer in Reading, England

I have been working at Pegasystems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits and work life balance

Cons

UK office can feel excluded