Point B Reviews

Updated Oct 14, 2021

Found 221 of over 233 reviews

4.2
Point B CEO Mike Pongon (no image)
Mike Pongon
Pros
  • "Great overall culture, decent work life balance for the industry(in 53 reviews)

• "Great people, one of the best in the industry(in 19 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Big internal changes (working through transforming from smaller project management to larger solution based full service consulting firm)(in 7 reviews)

• "No paid vacation, not tons of promotion opportunity(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Balanced Consulting Firm

Apr 29, 2021 - Senior Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Work life balance (rarely work over 40 hours) -You are able to progress as quickly or slowly through your career path -Able to choose what you want to specialize in -Excellent culture company

Cons

-Lots of org changes lately

7 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great firm with solid values & high quality work

Oct 12, 2021 - Senior Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong culture, integrity, interesting work.

Cons

None that I can think of. It's a great place to work.

3. What people are saying about Point B

Join the conversation on

Consulting

130.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Reviews&utm_term=Point B~101930
      Join the conversation on
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Oct 14, 2021 - Operations Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

They are supportive of taking reasonable time off for family events and self care. Every team I've worked with has been great - good people, great communication. Good benefits.

Cons

The company changes dynamically with industry demand which is good, but also means that processes are in a constant state of flux. Sometimes it can feel a little disorganized.

COO

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your comments regarding Point B’s people and culture, as our main goal is to put people at the center of everything we do while delivering amazing results for our customers. We strive for transparency as we continue to adapt to meet the ever-changing needs of our customers and encourage people to share questions with their 1:1 so we can continue to provide clarity wherever needed.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Challenging and Rewarding Career

Oct 5, 2021 - Managing Consultant in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Collegial, warm, supportive, honest, culture-driven firm. Entrepreneurial. Amazing people. Great clients. Combines the best of large firms and small firms. Lots of career growth and opportunities for people newer to the firm.

Cons

With growth there is change. With competition, there is change. Not everyone is comfortable with constant growth and change. But for those that are, it is challenging and fun. We are always learning!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Sep 30, 2021 - Managing Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Values and respects its employees

Cons

No cons to share at this time.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

On a growth trajectory

Sep 22, 2021 - Senior Organizational Consultant IV in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and interesting work

Cons

Growing in a different direction from my interests

COO

Thank you for taking time to write a review. Growth of our company and our people is critically important to us here at Point B. It’s why we’ve been so excited about our shift to an Industry-expertise based consulting firm which will continue to bring more and different opportunities for our people to develop their expertise. It’s a good time to talk about development, and we encourage you to share more details with your 1:1 during H2-check ins so together you can explore all the options available to you.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work; somewhat top heavy

Sep 26, 2021 - Senior Analyst in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some really smart people, good clients, interesting work.

Cons

Some recent hires on the east coast with big titles, do not seem to bring much to the table. Senior level bloat in some instances threatens moral.

COO

Thanks for taking time to write a review. I appreciate your comments, as our main goal is to keep people at the center of everything and deliver amazing results for our customers. As we continue to grow and find balance, we will ensure every role has clear targets, measurable outcomes, and additive value!

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Terrific Place to Learn and Grow

Sep 7, 2021 - Account Leader in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people - dynamic, warm, and extremely smart. A leadership team of natural, willing mentors.

Cons

The kind of help that clients need from Point B doesn't always equate to the kind of work that excited, passionate Point Bers want to do

COO

Thanks for taking time to write a review. We appreciate your comments regarding Point B’s people and culture, as our main goal is to put people at the center of everything we do – including supporting the career growth and development of our people. It’s a large part in why we’ve shifted to an industry-expertise based consulting firm, so we can continue to solve our customers’ most strategic challenges while providing more and different opportunities for our people to deliver complex solutions that will help to grow their capabilities and expertise.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Consulting Analyst

Sep 21, 2021 - Consulting Analyst in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, decent WLB compared to other firms

Cons

Internally, there tends to be some confusion

COO

Thanks for taking time to write a review. Point B has accelerated our shift to an industry expertise-based consulting firm to give our people excellent opportunities for career growth as we continue to serve our customers’ most strategic needs. We strive for transparency through this change and encourage people to share questions with their 1:1 so that we can continue to provide clarity wherever needed.

11. 5.0

If you can get hired by Point B, do it

Aug 25, 2021 - Office Manager in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for. Takes care of its people. Recognizes good people.

Cons

Can be slow to hire full time

2 people found this review helpful