Primerica Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2021

Found 1,259 of over 1,516 reviews

4.1
Primerica Chief Executive Officer Glen Williams (no image)
Glen Williams
Pros
  • "Access to study material for all licenses online(in 131 reviews)

• "You can work part-time and transition to full-time(in 72 reviews)

• Cons
  • "May possibly be a pyramid scheme(in 59 reviews)

• "Small con would be 100% commission based(in 58 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good Opportunity

Feb 25, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Freedom to set your own calendar

Cons

No leads are given, you have to hit everyone you know

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Changed my life

Jul 20, 2021 - Life Insurance Agent in Lake Worth, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I don’t have much time to leave the best review but Primerica changed my life for the better & made me a much more positive thinking & hard working person. Definitely not a pyramid scheme. Google it & stop listening to your friends & family that work at jobs they hate & barely pay the bills with. Great work environment that’ll literally get you rich in less than 5 years if you stick to it. The only reason I left is to start something of my own. Good luck & listen to your mentors….lake worth, TX location is literally best in the nation if you have the chance to work with them do it!..oh. Not to mention anyone can get to financial freedom here. Black, white, Mexican etc. fat , ugly, pretty, tall, short. Doesn’t matter. EVERYONE who works hard wins here.

Cons

You have to work your butt off to recruit & build your business…but so? That’s the case with any new business. Work hard. Most people that quit or fail & leave negative reviews simply didn’t.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Solid company

Jul 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

World class leadership Helps families with high quality products and services

Cons

Results vary greatly depending on your continued level of commitment and belief in yourself, and the company.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

No BS review

Jul 23, 2021 - Regional Vice President (RVP) in Bedford, NS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Freedom of time and money

Cons

It's not a scratch ticket. It requires work

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Life Insurance Agent

Jul 22, 2021 - Licensed Insurance Agent in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible hours, great money, happy people, plenty of help, work life balance

Cons

you have to work for it

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

All Jobs Are a Pyramid Scheme..

Dec 4, 2020 - Division Leader in Homewood, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Environment, Long Lasting Relationships, and Everyone wants to see you win..Great Part Time Income

Cons

Its not hourly ..just commision.

6 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Excellent mission and support

Jun 23, 2021 - Self Employed in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

No limits on what you can make, no limits on how many people you can build with. You can rest assured you are doing what’s right 100% The system is always getting better and more simple to do in order to succeed faster for new reps. Licenses are paid for and bonuses given to new reps.

Cons

Some brokers have an outdated system and run things too strict as if it was a job and they are the boss.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

It is legit, BUT

Apr 8, 2021 - Sales in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Primerica is a publicly-traded company on the stock market, and have operated for decades, helping people with their life insurance needs. Further, people DO make money in a Primerica career.Many attest to their positive experience working for the company and the income they make.

Cons

I am very disappointed with this company. I signed up with this company in July 2020. Once I made my first payment I was told that myself and my child were covered. Around October I was hospitalized with Covid. While in the hospital the 2nd time I was told via email that my premium went up. My only focus was to make a full recovery. On November 25, 2020 my son was murdered. When I called to file a claim, I was told that an adjuster would contact me. Over a week later, no word from them. I decided to give them a call back and was told that my claim was denied. I was told that they issued me a refund but I have never received it. The adjuster lacked empathy and compassion for anyone. Not only am I dealing with the loss of my only child, I have also to deal with this. Please run away from this company. They have no empathy for you or your loved ones!

13 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great

Jul 14, 2021 - Sales in Shreveport, LA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work at

Cons

Decent place to work at

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

It must be a scam to go from former stay home no financial experience to VP!

Dec 26, 2020 - Regional Vice President in Kapolei, HI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Where else will a stay home mom of 13 years start with no experience, $0 income to firing her husband's boss of 17 years, Air Traffic Controller career our 2nd year in Primerica? You have a problem with recruiting your own family & friends to experience getting a shot at adding more VALUE of licenses in the marketplace & owning their own business? WHY NOT? McDs, Panda, everywhere they're HIRING, that's the biggest scam in America is going to college and getting 2 Associate degrees I haven't used in 13yrs but still paying my bill?! Started here at such a ridiculously LOW COST and earned a bonus and promoted myself to RVP through a team. I LOVE WHAT WE DO BECAUSE WE HELP FAMILIES LIKE MYSELF get out of debt!

Cons

Anyone can do Primerica and win like us but not everyone will do it! Some people quit and talk like they experienced it but that's from a sore loser perspective - not from us being the LARGEST in the industry over 130,000 LICENSED agents. Like any business you open self-employed and work on getting your licenses and knowing how to run one while building a team of people motivated like you. Not everyone will work or hustle or persevere like you. So like an eagle, you gotta fly higher and find other eagles like you. Just don't quit too early until you've helped a family and help others help families.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,259 Reviews