Primerica Reviews

Updated 10 Jul 2020

4.0
Primerica Chief Executive Officer Glen Williams (no image)
Glen Williams
Pros
  • "Great class experience to earn licenses(in 148 reviews)

• "It's a great way to make extra part-time income by serving and helping families(in 68 reviews)

1. "Good Opportunity"

I worked at Primerica full-time

Pros

Freedom to set your own calendar

Cons

No leads are given, you have to hit everyone you know

2. COVID-19

"An unparalleled business opportunity for massive GROWTH in your income and your life"

Current Employee - Regional Vice President

I have been working at Primerica full-time for more than a year

Pros

Set your own schedule. Get paid what you're worth - your pay is in direct correlation to your effort, not up to somebody else. Unlimited growth potential. You can build as big as you want. Passive income opportunity through overrides and residuals. Opportunity to legally own what you create, sell it, or pass the passive, business-producing income down to your family for generations forever. Unlike a typical "job" where all you have when you're done is what you saved up. You can build a pipeline instead of carrying buckets forever. Instead of a 401k with "company matches" we get straight up stock bonuses that are vested immediately, and we are not required to invest our own money into the stock to get the bonuses. Every time I promote someone, I get a bonus, which gives me incentive to help my people get promoted and earn more money. For new people, your RVP WANTS to promote you asap. When you become an RVP you get a big stock bonus as well and can then qualify for stock bonuses for promoting your people. No boss. Making so many new friends of like-minded, positive, motivated people. Trainees can begin making money immediately through simply observing their trainer in the field. Work from home/online if you wish. Pandemic-Proof. Professional state and federal government financial licenses at an unbelievable rate. The most positive work environment I've ever experienced. Broke me free from my full time job where I was not getting paid what I felt I was worth and did not have the freedom I enjoy today. Saved my friends and family, the people I care about the most, a ton of money and protected them from financial hardship. Direct training from multi-millionaire mentors. World-Class financial education for reps and clients Ability to do what's RIGHT for families 100% of the time - I cannot even begin to tell you the countless personal client examples where we took a situation where they were getting totally messed over by other financial institutions and we were able to save them hundreds of thousands of dollars over the course of their lifetime. You learn about the downfalls of cash-value insurance, exactly how it works, and the greed of that industry, you also realize we are one of the only companies out there that is actually doing the right thing 100% of the time when it comes to helping people pass on more money to their families if they die and keep more of their money if they live past their term than if they had a cash value product. An overwhelming sense of making a positive impact on the world after we help families in big ways solve their financial challenges and save them from predatory products. Developing life long relationships with clients. Freedom. Access to the absolute best World-Class financial products and software, like Morningstar. I can dramatically improve a client's financial situation nearly 100% of the time. Business support from Home Office. Low-cost State and Federal financial licenses. Free, World-Class financial planning for main street American families - no client too big or small for us to help. Ability to help others earn more income or create a career change. Corporate leadership who are always working to improve our platform for our field force. It just keeps getting better every day. Not just "selling"... I get to help families save money in different areas, and then can help guide them on how to reallocate it wisely to protect their family properly and grow the rest. Great long term vehicle for growing your income. Most business owners aren't profitable for several YEARS after building their businesses, but here you can turn a profit here on your first client. You have a financial interest in helping your new trainees succeed. The system is designed beautifully to push people up, unlike a corporate pyramid where you're stuck and its ultimately up to someone else how much you work, how much you are worth/make, whether you will move up, etc. Here promotions are automatic. When you hit your numbers, you get your promotion and move up. I hit my numbers based on my own very hard work and determination and mentorship from my leaders, and earned my promotion as soon as I hit the numbers. Simple as that. You are in 100% control of that here. Commissions are HUGE, especially when you earn your RVP contract. Nobody holds you back here. Everyone wants each other to be successful!

Cons

Virtually none on the company itself. Primerica itself is a truly amazing company. But there are "cons" to the work that people need to be strong enough mentally to go through in order to be successful. Most involve dealing with people who are unmotivated, inconsistent, don't know how to do proper research, have fear of other people's opinions, etc. I will be very honest. So if you want to read a review from someone who has actually been successful, here it is! They are as follows: Negative reviews from people who quit early in the game because they are too afraid to market their business or just jumped on the negativity bandwagon without knowing how to do real research or just commit and give it a real go. Most people take advice on success from people who are not successful. Observe this forum. Most people have no clue what they're talking about. People can often be negative when something is new or different. "Sounds too good to be true" doesn't mean it ISN'T true. Wealthy and Free people DO exist. Most of those own/built businesses or real estate portfolios. But most people do not have that mindset. They have been conditioned since birth to become an employee and work hard at a job for 40 years so they can retire on less than 50% of their salary. People think that you have to GET recruited to have a good life. Yet the wealthiest people do the opposite. People have a hard time getting past that. People often have a sense of entitlement instead of a mindset of crafting the life they want and building it for themselves. It is so prevalent in today's day and age. Finding motivated, good-hearted people that get started, but then get easily talked out of a great opportunity by employee-minded friends, family, and reviewers. They don't understand the cash flow quadrant, and even if they do, sometimes that pull back to their comfort zone and the land of the familiar is too strong. It is really sad and sometimes frustrating to see people with so much potential give up on themselves and the future they could have. I think our representatives need to be more selective when recruiting new blood into the business. People who are not business-minded just end up quitting and writing negative reviews which does nobody any good, and portrays a negative, misinformed, and misrepresented view of our company. Facts we are required to disclose, such as that the "average" rep in the company makes just over 6k per year. That fact is technically true, but is taken wildly out of context and completely misses the big picture: It does not factor in the people actually working 40+ hours per week in the business vs those who do nothing lol. The real FACT is that nobody makes you work here. It's like a gym. Just because you have a gym membership doesn't mean you're going to get ripped and beautiful. Just because you have POL doesn't mean you're going to get rich. The fact is, most people with a gym membership don't fully commit. Is that the gym's fault? no. The same is true with Primerica. We give people all the tools, but if they are too scared or too lazy to do the work and don't do it, it's absolutely never going to happen. When people don't have a boss, most people just don't have the self discipline to be their own boss and actually hold themselves accountable. Even I struggled with that at first. I had to learn how to do that and be consistent. I have a team of dozens of licensed representatives that I oversee, but the vast majority of them do not work, let alone work consistently. Only 3 or 4 of them actually work consistently. So when we are forced to disclose statistics like that, it portrays us in a negative light with a completely irrelevant fact. That's not the company's rule either (I believe it's the FTC's requirement). People criticize the company saying it is a get rich quick scheme. You tell them it's not, that it's a lot of hard work consistently and learning that needs to take place first. Then they join. Then after a week they aren't making six figures yet so they quit... so... they secretly DID wish it was get rich quick lol. Then you get all these people who were "in" the business for 1 to 2 weeks, didn't do anything, quit, then go online and bash it, which means we end up with the vast majority of reviews online from people who never even gave it a real shot, saw something or listened to their broke divorced Aunt Mary who told them it was a scam. (Imagine if Steve Jobs or Mark Zuckerberg or Bill Gates or really anybody who has built a successful large or small business quit only a week or two into it, or when they faced their first bit of criticism or hurdle or even 6 months into it when things got tough lol. You'd call them crazy!) But THOSE quitters are the reviews new people have to look at: no real merit or truth, just throwing literally crazy words like pyramid scheme and scam around for a highly rated, highly successful, highly government regulated, New York Stock Exchange fortune 1000 company. And it scares people out of a good opportunity. What a shame. Better be tough enough to handle that if you want to win in business. Will you listen to quitters who failed? Or will you listen to Winners who have what you're looking for in life? Gotta go through a lot of "duds" to find the studs, but the ones who are motivated enough to actually do the work consistently and are coachable win. Most just are not, and you need to be okay with people disappointing you a lot. Hate to break it to ya, but you have got to be willing to get out of your comfort zone. Get comfortable being uncomfortable and making sacrifices in your life to get the reward. You will have to make sacrifices no matter which way you choose. You will be pushed to your limits and you need to learn to break through them. But once you do you will have things and live a life you weren't able to before... and it is absolutely worth it.

3. "Good"

I have been working at Primerica part-time for less than a year

Pros

Get a good tax break plus extras

Cons

Some things are not clear cut

4. "BEST COMPANY EVER!"

Current Employee - District Leader

I have been working at Primerica full-time for less than a year

Pros

make your own hours, easy to move up in company, energetic and fun training offered!

Cons

commission based, but that will come with any state license.

5. "Honest crusade-oriented company"

Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Primerica full-time

Pros

Best compensation system for motivated, ambitious people. Opportunity to set your own schedule, control your destiny, and help people in a life-changing way. The company always does what's right for people.

Cons

If you aren't self-motivated and don't want to work hard for a period of time, you may not find success with Primerica.

"Find a great team with a great trainer for the best experiences."

Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Primerica part-time for less than a year

Pros

Look on job boards and whatever you see for life insurance agents is what you will learn at the Company. Being able to adjust your schedule to meet your family’s needs is always a Pro.

Cons

I’m grateful for my trainer but I pity the people who have terrible trainers and management who are strong narcissists.

Continue reading
  7. "Would not trade what Primerica has given me for anything, time and freedom of choice"

Current Employee - Financial Representative in Red Deer, AB

I have been working at Primerica full-time

Pros

Taught me tons of things that the 1% don't want us little people to know. I have earned a great deal about my person self development and how much was needed to survive here. I have earned enough money now that I have been joyfully kicked off my CPP disability. I have made too much money, that is not something most people who are physically disabled get to say. I learned that my husband and I had the incorrect form of insurances plus I learned that I was able to get an RDSP which I was allowed for 6 years before someone with Primerica was referred to me. I learned that if I control of my own disability it would not have been gone after 5 years from my employer. The amazing things I have learned here and been able to assist other people with changes not only my life forever but also theirs.

Cons

The only Con here is the fact that not everyone sees what we really do and they say no, however this is not on me.

8. "BEST COMPANY EVER!!"

Current Employee - District Leader in New York, NY

I have been working at Primerica part-time for more than a year

Pros

Everything, The people, The energy, The money, The licenses, The building your business and being able to hire people. Love being able to be a independent contractor. You work when you feel like working. You get what you put out. You can work by yourself and not recruit if you choose or you can decide to build your business with a team and eventually have residual income.

Cons

A lot of people come in thinking they want to be an entrepreneur but they get in and don't want to do any work. They complain about duplicating themselves and giving opportunities to other people so they can make bread. They have a employee mentality and when they aren't successful they try to sabotage the reputation of a great company that has blessed many families and it's no way to stop those negative comments.

Continue reading

"Good company with good people. Work can be tedious and pay is slightly below market level"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Duluth, GA

I worked at Primerica full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people in charge are good people, who care about those who work for them.

Cons

The nature of the work can be tedious and slightly boring. Pay is slightly below market

Continue reading
  10. "Great company! Best opportunity in America"

Current Employee - District Sales Leader in Moore, OK

I have been working at Primerica full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, no growth or income cap, positive environment

Cons

It takes hard work! As does anything in life that is worth doing.

Found 1042 reviews