Progress Reviews

Found 582 of over 644 reviews

4.1
Progress CEO Yogesh Gupta
Yogesh Gupta
Pros
  • "good work-life balance in the company(in 85 reviews)

• "Great people, salary is good, nice work environment(in 42 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Frequent lay offs and strategy change(in 11 reviews)

• "Frequent changes in roadmaps recently(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

57 Comments

Tech

208.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Progress~2083
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

A company that truly cares

Aug 11, 2021 - Marketing Communications Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Progress feels like a big family. Starting from my first day, I felt taken care of. Everyone is friendly and passionate about what they do, which to me is very inspiring and motivating. At Progress everyone's opinion is valued and teamwork is at the core of what we do. The company is all about improvement, innovation and collaboration and that shines through in the way we work. Progress feels like a big school, where there are multiple opportunities for development and where there's something exciting happening every day.

Cons

As the company has offices around the world, it is hard too coordinate meeting times, which are comfortable for everyone. Oftentimes I'll need to stay late to attend these meetings, which is not ideal but I do understand that everyone is doing their best to accommodate the needs of the group and at the end of the day the work needs to be done. Another downside I see is that the opportunities for development in some teams are not that many as in others and sometimes you may feel you're stuck in one place. The company is doing all it can to prevent this, but the situation is dependent on the current business needs.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

...

Apr 7, 2022 - Personal Assistant in Reading, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great thanks for the opportunity. This is fantastic

Cons

None thanks for the offer

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

MMM

Jan 28, 2022 - Senior Sales Engineer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not too bad ... for now

Cons

It is what it is

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Nov 28, 2021 - Business Operations Analyst in Bracknell, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work at

Cons

The only negative is that the company is relatively small in UK

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

n/a

Feb 4, 2021 - Inside Sales Representative in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great UK office culture and comission

Cons

Line Managers are not great

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A company to recommend to people you don't like

Feb 9, 2021 - Software Development Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Watching the total collapse and mismanagement surrounding the acquisition - Having no communication during my last 4 weeks at the company

Cons

- Total lack of empathy from leadership around redundancies for those who were made redundant and those who were left to pick up the pieces - Embarrassing handling of reorganisation following layoffs and resignations - Explicitly no job security guaranteed for those who were not made redundant, outsourcing to India seems to be Progress's entire business model - Making jobs and people redundant when they had clear intrinsic value both to the community and company as a whole - Clearly 0 thought put into the redundancy process, may as well have drawn names from a hat - Empty promises from Day 1 of the acquisition met with deflections and "I was not involved in these decisions" from upper management when queried on them - An attempt to persuade me to stay with a laughable stocks package but no compensation or empathy for the actual step up I would have needed to make to cover for the people who were let go - Tore apart many brilliant teams and wiped out an entire engineering office because of their incompetent handling of the acquisition - Receiving no thanks or farewell from anyone in the company when departing And my favourite... - Being asked by my new manager if now was a good time to hire in the market the week after laying off half of the office

4 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company!

Jan 14, 2021 - Senior Executive Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Progress for over 9 years. 2020 has been a challenging year but Progress has taken such great care to support is employees and their families throughout 2020 and into 2021. Work/life balance is good and employee recognition takes place throughout the organization. I have been promoted whilst working here and there are opportunities to try new roles. Employees and managers use their skills in mentoring programs and personal develop is part of everyone's regular review with their manager.

Cons

I can't think of anything

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A great place to be

Dec 24, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive The company cares about it's employees A good benefits package Flexibility They encourage personal development

Cons

Progress aren't massively well known

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work and grow with

Dec 23, 2020 - Regional Sales Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work / life balance Clear GTM strategy and how we each contribute Employee recognition Pay is fair and in line with market expectations Personal development planning Remote working model Social / team engagement and activities (especially throughout Covid)

Cons

Employee benefits heavily leaning towards Bulgaria office and lacking elsewhere.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

How much does a Glassdoor review cost?

Dec 18, 2020 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learn how not to run a software company

Cons

There's been an influx of 5 star reviews to combat the large number of negative reviews following Progress's failure of an aquistion of Chef. How much does Progress pay these shills for false reviews. How pathetic of a company to force reviews to be hidden and have fake reviews written. Is Yogesh's skin really that thin? The corporate responses to negative reviews are delusional. It's hard to ignore the facts when an entire UK office resigned with in the span of 3 months. So many engineering losses that it's unlikely products can continue with any form of quality. Progress made every wrong move during the aquistion including refusing to admit their mistakes and correct them. If you're a prospective hire, consider if these actions reflect a company you'd like to work for. If you're an existing employee think about why you're sticking around, there are few companies as bad as Progress.

8 people found this review helpful

Progress Response

Vice President, Progress

Acquisitions are a time when emotions run high, and we understand that. As listed in the Terms of Use, you must have a valid account on Glassdoor to post and the site does not permit any reviews to be hidden; what you see is all there is. Far from orchestrated, when Progress employees give the company positive reviews, it’s because they genuinely enjoy working here. We have a strong reputation built over 40 years, and many employees are proud to be a part of such a diverse global employee base working together to achieve common goals, whether that’s at work or in the many communities in which we live and serve. We strive to provide a positive work environment that respects the contributions and professionalism employees display every day. This is why it was so important to give each impacted employee a competitive severance package and support to help them get on their feet as quickly as possible.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 582 Reviews

Progress Reviews FAQs

Progress has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 644 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Progress to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Progress employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Progress. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

80% of Progress employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Progress 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Progress Job Seekers