- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Personnel/Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labour & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United Kingdom - All Cities
- - England
- - London Area
Found 16 of over 16 reviews
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest first
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I joined fully remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic and was concerned about integrating into the team. Within a few minutes of joining, this feeling quite quickly turned into excitement, with everyone making a lot of effort to make me feel welcome. They are a friendly team with a family-type feel, which is reflective of the company culture. It is essential to share the same passion and values in my role with the people that i work closely with. We have a CEO who truly cares about the people and makes every effort to involve herself in the day-2 day- She listens and supports everyone and their needs personally and professionally. Red Ant also helps people to prosper in line with their career goals. I am proud to be a part of the team. Keep up the excellent work
Fully remote due to covid, I look forward to getting back into the office in July and meeting everyone in person.
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Company culture is great, supportive senior management
Lack of progression opportunities due to flat structure Lack of investment in professional training and qualifications
- Former Employee★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
People, Culture, Clients, Team Building
Nothing, they are all amazing at their jobs.
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Exposure to large retail brands.
Because it's a small company there is not too much scope to grow and further your career.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Very open office space meaning everyone is very "together" Flat structure, everyone reports into the C-suite meaning no hierarchy politics Lots of opportunities to learn and grow! Team is very open and willing to share and support each other to grow and improve if you're willing to put in the work Lots of socialising and charity activities which make for a fun team atmosphere
Due to the benefits of flat structure, there is less opportunity to grow up the chain or manage. The business has been around for 20 years and many of the employees have worked with Red Ant for a long time. This means at times, the business can get quite set in its ways which sometimes limit innovation. However, the positive of this is that you're joining a team who know what they are doing, what works best and have real stability.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Very forward thinking and supportive senior management team to ensure the company advances and stays one step ahead. - Wide client base to ensure that all days are different with the opportunity to work on some really exciting projects - Very flexible which has allowed me to be able to manage the perfect balance of work, have a great career and care for my young family. Something which has been invaluable for me. - Plenty of opportunities to grow in your role and the management team are always on top of listening to staff, checking in and reviews etc. to nurture peoples talent - Incredibly support, hard working and friendly team. - The company offers excellent benefits and social events
I am unable to think of anything that would be a negative, its all positive feedback from me!Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Wide variety of projects with interesting clients - Modern tech stack with low levels of legacy code - Small team, where devs get a lot of input on the code they write - Great work/life balance with management that have your back when things go wrong - Excellent benefits & social events
Sometimes you'll be working independently and there is not a lot of handholding which means you're expected to speak up when there are issues. The team is really supportive when you do though.
- Current Employee★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Different projects (adds interest / variety) Fun environment (sometimes)
Not one technical employee had a CS degree including superiors who didn't deploy CS principles on a scalable product. Management operates by chain of command, meaning the lowest common denominator feel the wrath of badly managed projects Group think and/or lack of freedom of expression Inclusivity actually implies the inverse Meritocracy is not a principle in this company Arbitrary deadlines (crony corporatism)Continue reading
Thanks for your feedback. In the interests of transparency and to give an accurate picture of Red Ant and how we work, we’d like to address the key points raised. We build our teams based on talent and the ability to solve challenges for our clients, and we recognize that this can come from all backgrounds and experiences. We employ smart people, who pair intellect with a practical approach to software development. This approach has allowed us to put together strong skill sets which have delivered many successful, groundbreaking projects for large brands and retailers over almost twenty years. Part of the process of working with clients is that we are partnering with them to build a product to meet their specific needs. It’s essential to have a coherent team which contributes tools and choices of frameworks with input at all project stages, where team members work together and support each other to deliver the best possible outcome for our clients. We’re part of a fast-paced industry where retailers and brands face significant demands and challenges, so it’s essential to have an agile approach and to work at a pace which ensures they can run pilots and test solutions to help with the pressures they face. Our deadlines are set so that we can deliver products which meet their needs – it’s one of the reasons why they choose to work with us. Finally, we value teamwork and collaboration. We pride ourselves on recognizing and rewarding our fantastic teams of diverse, talented and dedicated individuals for the excellent work they do. It’s what makes Red Ant able to deliver first-class, award-winning work for some of the biggest retail and lifestyle brands.
- Current Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★
Great innovative company, supportive of workforce, nurtures progression, always stiving to be industry leaderRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Great variety of projects to work on - Company nurtures employees - Always opportunities for progression and role development and change - Very social company, dedicated social commitee, great christmas parties and other events throughout year - Flat structure gives a very inclusive environment - Nice, relaxed cross department feel, lots of collaborative working - Acknowledgement by company for going above and beyond - Brilliant office in central london location with great office perks
- Free pick'n mix, crisps and fizzy drink are a menace on the waistline (note healthier options are avaialble but who can avoid temptation)Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I’ve been at Red Ant for over 7 years and I can't imagine working anywhere else: Great team environment - Red Ant is my extended family. Variety of clients and projects - Over the past 7 years I have had the opportunity to work on a variety of projects across different sectors. Room to grow and develop new skills - The industry is constantly evolving which encourages us to do the same. It keeps you on your toes! Fantastic office space in a central location - We love our office space. Fantastic views over central London, well equipped kitchen, complete with beanbags and pic n mix! Frequent social events and fun culture - The pub quiz's being the most popular. Our social committee Anterprise ensure that we always have something to look forward to.
Commuting into London - but it's worth it!